It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 80% off celebrated adventures: The Walking Dead, Grim Fandango Remastered, Sam & Max, Technobabylon, Broken Sword, and more!

No adventure is beyond your reach if you put your mind to it. There might be a bunch of obscure puzzles, a missing inventory item, or a lip-biting decision that stand in your way, but if you press on and exhaust all dialog trees, you will be amply rewarded. That is the magic of great adventure games and that's why we put together this <span class="bold">Adventure Game Sale</span> to celebrate them!

When a hyperkinetic rabbity thing and an easily amused dog hit the road, you can be certain that hilarious mischief is just around the corner. Missing sasquatches? Demonic Santas? Evil space gorillas? Sam & Max will pummel them all into submission with their unrelenting resourcefulness and penchant for misinterpreting the law.

Love may be for the living, but adventures are very much for the dead! Dance this Grim Fandango with disillusioned travel agent Manny Calavera through the colorful Land of the Dead, and help save the woman that he keeps close to where his heart used to be.

Talk or think your way out of the most intriguing adventures in our special Adventure Game Sale, featuring unmissable experiences like The Dig, Tales from the Borderlands, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Shardlight, Broken Sword, and more!

The <span class="bold">Adventure Game Sale</span> will last until April 2, 10 PM UTC.
How well does Technobabylon and Shardlight run under Wine?

Also, Memoranda is the only Linux-supporting game in this sale that I haven't already got, so tell me how it stands out, why it's worth the price, and why I should buy it (beyond the already-mentioned Linux support). Sell me on it.
Maighstir: How well does Technobabylon and Shardlight run under Wine?
Dunno about Shardlight, but Technobabylon runs flawlessly with the AGS engine native port (at least the first 10 minutes I tried it).

I'm guessing Shardlight will also work, but I'd like some confirmation before picking it up.
Nice selection, although a bunch of them have had better discounts.
ciemnogrodzianin: Some people does not like the cartoonish graphics, which indeed is quite far from original, but remember it's perfectly consistent with Curse of Monkey Island (may the GOG bring it back to life).
I don't think it's the concept of cartoonish graphics that's often criticized, more the quality of it in this edition, and the particular look they gave Guybrush. At least that's what putting me off. I liked the style of Curse of Monkey Island better.
ciemnogrodzianin: Some people does not like the cartoonish graphics, which indeed is quite far from original, but remember it's perfectly consistent with Curse of Monkey Island (may the GOG bring it back to life).
That's exactly why I liked it so much. I replayed the whole series starting with the Special Editions, and the new graphics and the inclusion of voice acting really make it all fit together great. And honestly, I never liked the "realistic" parts in the classic version. They always seemed to clash with the rest of the game, both in terms of graphics and mood. The cartoonish look is for me exactly what I always saw "in my minds eye" when looking at the pixels when I played it as a kid.
Post edited March 28, 2017 by Breja
muntdefems: I'm guessing Shardlight will also work, but I'd like some confirmation before picking it up.
Considering it uses AGS like all their other games and I ran it just fine on my Mac via Wine without any real need for configuration, I assume it should run equally well on Linux.
Post edited March 28, 2017 by mistermumbles
My recommendations: Technobabylon and Shardlight for the traditional adventure games. And the Borderlands licence works surprisingly well with the Telltale formula.
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded... $9.99...

/facepalm

I backed the kickstarter for this and have been waiting for it to drop below the common sale price of $3.99 just for the sake of having it on GOG, but they decided it was too cheap before? lol

I also considered buying the android version from Google Play, but they sale the unlocker as an in-app purchase, so it can't go to your "Family Library", which in my opinion is a rip-off.

Maybe I'm just a spoiled / privileged / entitled bastard, but it seems Replay does not want my money (again).
Post edited March 28, 2017 by djdarko
Goodness I own everything in this promo save Memoranda. GOG takes too much of my monies... (._.)
Maighstir: How well does Technobabylon and Shardlight run under Wine?
I had run Technobabylon fine using Wine (devel) on FreeBSD and Linux.

Since I still have the game installed on Linux, I just launched it again using the latest wine-devel version and it still runs fine. I have removed the game from my FreeBSD installation though. So it's not as easy to test it again right now.

I'd also like to recommend Resonance to "adventurers" who haven't played it yet.
tinyE: Is there anything here that is a must have?
Yes, everything.
muntdefems: I'm guessing Shardlight will also work, but I'd like some confirmation before picking it up.
mistermumbles: Considering it uses AGS like all their other games and I ran it just fine on my Mac via Wine without any real need for configuration, I assume it should run equally well on Linux.
I finally got it after trying the demo available at the game's website. I can confirm it also works like a charm with the native AGS engine. :)
I noticec that Kim is on sale ($7.49 sale price is 50% off). (It's on my Wishlist; that's how I noticed it).

However, it's not listed in the Adventure Game Sale for some reason; although it is tagged as an Adventure on it's game card.

I might buy that one - but I seem to recall reading someplace (I made one of my "GOG Exception" notes about it) that there are both a soundtrack DLC AND a "Deluxe" edition that includes the soundtrack - but they are not here on GOG <sad face>.

Having run into that problem before; it might make me pass on Kim for the time being; whilst waiting and hoping those become available.

Anyways, except for Kim; I already have here on GOG the 14 "adventure" titles on-sale that I want; so Kim could be the only one - but unfortunately may pass for reason above.

GOG, any chance for that soundtrack and/or the Deluxe?

[EDIT]: Found it...
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Martek
Bummer...had Black Mirror in my cart and it jumped back up to $10. :,-(