It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
ozzyoscy: Google's birthday is in September...
And with their YT/Google+ stunt, I don't think they get a "happy birtday" from me anytime soon.
MrJeeves84: I've got the same problem, my friend... :/
implord66: Ugh. I'm so sorry you have that problem. I have one similar with Amnesia. I only have a black screen when I run it.
I also have this problem with "Jack Orlando".

it won't run. I messaged them on the forums of that game and zero replies.

GOG staff can't address the issue. I think, once again, it's my video card.
implord66: Thanks! I probably keep missing it when I go to bed.
Tolmar: If I remember when I wake up I'll keep a look out and snag you a copy if it hasn't been already
That would be super cool, thanks!
gscotti: I see Theme Hospital on that list. Did it already run "the last lap"?
Theme Hospital still to come - the list is in two parts - the top part shows all games that have been posted in the third round in the order they hit. The second part shows the games that still have yet to come up for sale in the third and final round - they are in alphabetical order for easy finding.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_promo_fall_insomnia_promo/post22419
Russonc: I remember adding my first hard drive to a Commodore 64....Darn things would burn out after about 6 months.....All so I could play the infocom text adventure games...
I really was lucky when I bought my 1541 (C-64 Disk Drive), I've used it for years without ever having any problems with it.
MrJeeves84: I've got the same problem, my friend... :/
xenxander: Good.

This is the LAST time I buy an Nvida card. You also want to know why? the card freezes up my PC all the fucking time! It just stops working over and over. The Nvidia 550 TI is A piece of SHIT
.... NVIDIA cards tend to work really well, at least the GPU, what manufacturer is it? This actually makes a really big difference EVGA will always give you high quality products, so I really recommend them. I hear ASUS is also really good, but I can't say for sure. The other manufacturers can be a mixed bag though.

Also, AMD has a lot of their own problems, especially with really terrible driver support and the infamous microstuttering on all their newer cards.

Also, I highly doubt, HIGHLY doubt that the problem with Sacred is your GPU, it's your OS.
deathmyrk: I miss my NES. I bought 4 copies of them over my lifetime, the last actually worked perfect. Had all the greats. Til the hurricane ate it. I have a 2600 but no compatible TV for it.

Now I just got a Genesis, XBOX 360, PS3 60GB fat, and a day-one DS. I prefer the older games, so I compensate through backwards-compatibility on PS3 for my PS1 and PS2 RPGs (Final Fantasies, Dragon Quest, King's Field, Shadow Tower, Lunar, etc.). I also had to get me the Mega Man and Mega Man X Collection, along with Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (A MUST for Genesis/Master System fans, although I wish a couple more games would have been included and a couple others dismissed (3 versions of Altered Beast, really!?)).
Still got a small collection of consoles here, too. I mostly use my PS3 and PC nowadays, but I still got a Gamecube, XBox 1 ( no, the real first one -- what the hell where MS thinking with that name for the new Xbox ), PS2, and I bought a Dreamcast earlier this year to play some DC classics again. Most of the really old consoles I used to have died at some point, and I also sold a few. I actually had most of them at some point. :o
Has Thief II or III gone by again yet? I haven't been able to watch much the last 2 days :(

This is the LAST time I buy an Nvida card. You also want to know why? the card freezes up my PC all the fucking time! It just stops working over and over. The Nvidia 550 TI is A piece of SHIT
Infin8ty: .... NVIDIA cards tend to work really well, at least the GPU, what manufacturer is it? This actually makes a really big difference EVGA will always give you high quality products, so I really recommend them. I hear ASUS is also really good, but I can't say for sure. The other manufacturers can be a mixed bag though.

Also, AMD has a lot of their own problems, especially with really terrible driver support and the infamous microstuttering on all their newer cards.

Also, I highly doubt, HIGHLY doubt that the problem with Sacred is your GPU, it's your OS.
My OS is windows 7 and my friend runs windows 7 and he runs sacred gold JUST FUCKIN' fine and he has an ATI video card... so explain that..
HolyBovine: Has Thief II or III gone by again yet? I haven't been able to watch much the last 2 days :(
Nope...

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_promo_fall_insomnia_promo/post22419

Infin8ty: .... NVIDIA cards tend to work really well, at least the GPU, what manufacturer is it? This actually makes a really big difference EVGA will always give you high quality products, so I really recommend them. I hear ASUS is also really good, but I can't say for sure. The other manufacturers can be a mixed bag though.

I have an AMD on my older XP computer. It crashes from time to time. When it works its excellent video though.
deathmyrk: I miss my NES. I bought 4 copies of them over my lifetime, the last actually worked perfect. Had all the greats. Til the hurricane ate it. I have a 2600 but no compatible TV for it.

Now I just got a Genesis, XBOX 360, PS3 60GB fat, and a day-one DS. I prefer the older games, so I compensate through backwards-compatibility on PS3 for my PS1 and PS2 RPGs (Final Fantasies, Dragon Quest, King's Field, Shadow Tower, Lunar, etc.). I also had to get me the Mega Man and Mega Man X Collection, along with Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (A MUST for Genesis/Master System fans, although I wish a couple more games would have been included and a couple others dismissed (3 versions of Altered Beast, really!?)).
CharlesGrey: Still got a small collection of consoles here, too. I mostly use my PS3 and PC nowadays, but I still got a Gamecube, XBox 1 ( no, the real first one -- what the hell where MS thinking with that name for the new Xbox ), PS2, and I bought a Dreamcast earlier this year to play some DC classics again. Most of the really old consoles I used to have died at some point, and I also sold a few. I actually had most of them at some point. :o
that reminds me of a pic i saw it was the original xbox with the price saying xbox one $500
Gah! I've been getting WAY too lucky with this last round. After having missed every other opportunity, three of my four favorite games haven't come up yet (I woke up to Ultima 7!). Still waiting for:

Theme Hospital
Resonance
Heroes of Might and Magic 3

I only have ONE day of work off this week, and I just KNOW that I'll miss them all during a shift...

I would've liked Leisure Suit Larry (I only just found out it was six games in one; that's neat). Only other noteworthy event I missed during today's shift was free The Book of Unwritten Tales, though I'd probably never play it.

I bought Alan Wake, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, The Cat Lady, The Blackwell Bundle, Betrayal at Krondor, and Torchlight ages ago, and I haven't touched any of them. College + job = no time for vidya games... :(
Also, my video card is ASUS Nvidia 550 TI

It's not supposed to be a bad card.
Fictionvision: Good news everyone!

If this lasts another 25 min or so it will beat the reign of Jack Keane 2.
Chevette: No it won't. Jack Keane 2 was only 100 copies.
True enough, but Jack Keane 2 also cost 4-5 as much per copy, which kind of evens things out...