It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sigma Theory: Global Cold War base game, Deluxe Edition, and soundtrack are now available 20% off until July 4th, 12 PM UTC.

A new technology, rumored to change the rules of the game forever, is making everyone uneasy. Assassins, spies, and diplomats are dispatched all around the global chessboard where cold war is already raging. Recruit operatives, undertake critical missions, discover bits of Sigma Theory technology and peddle or hoard them as you see fit. This is the endgame. How will you shape it?

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
Looks cool, I may buy it. But is a story-based game, more of a sandbox, or roguelike-style? How's the replayability and are there more game modes (planned)?
TentacleMayor: Looks cool, I may buy it. But is a story-based game, more of a sandbox, or roguelike-style? How's the replayability and are there more game modes (planned)?
There is a story / campaign mode planned - at the moment though it's just sandbox games.

It's massively repayable as each game does provide different avenues to achieve your goals, and the agents you pick and the country you work (even how you handle your spouse) will change your gameplan. Some I've played through have been tense requiring constant careful management, and others I've steam rolled through.

It can still be a little dry and repetitive in some places, but they've added heaps of depth since they first opened it up to public sales and have done so steadily.

There used to be a game called Floor 13 by Virgin Interactive way back in the early 90s. Kind of feels like a bigger, global more involved version of that, with you quite distant from the action, but plucking strings. Probably the only analogue I can make.
i bought it <3
All Titles at a New All-Time GoG Low
20% off vs 10% off
Awesome! Nice to see it has been ramped up on the GOG version. Thanks devs!
TentacleMayor: Looks cool, I may buy it. But is a story-based game, more of a sandbox, or roguelike-style? How's the replayability and are there more game modes (planned)?
Icinix: There is a story / campaign mode planned - at the moment though it's just sandbox games.

It's massively repayable as each game does provide different avenues to achieve your goals, and the agents you pick and the country you work (even how you handle your spouse) will change your gameplan. Some I've played through have been tense requiring constant careful management, and others I've steam rolled through.

It can still be a little dry and repetitive in some places, but they've added heaps of depth since they first opened it up to public sales and have done so steadily.

There used to be a game called Floor 13 by Virgin Interactive way back in the early 90s. Kind of feels like a bigger, global more involved version of that, with you quite distant from the action, but plucking strings. Probably the only analogue I can make.
Thanks, I tried it out and it has so much potential, but as a strategy fan I was majorly put off by the absence of information on the success chances of operations. Without the game at least giving you a ballpark estimate of your odds of success, and also not explaining what the event choices do, a lot of the game comes down to guesswork or trial & error, which is not good design.