It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fenixp: Attention whore Fenixp attention whoring again!

Yeah, anyway, just want to make a public announcement that nobody particularily cares about. You see, I always liked these boards. I felt good when talking to you people, and after I spent time around here, I always felt like I have gained a lot from discussing games, life and just about anything with this community. It's been a fantastic and positive experience for me to have a place, on the internet of all things, to voice any opinion I might hold dear and to not get shunned for doing so - instead, to get an enlightening and interesting discussion about my views. It was great. And there was so little negativity as well!

Eh, you have probably noticed me using the word "was" a lot. While I still believe this to be a fantastic community, most likely far better than most you can find on the interwebz nowadays, the reason why I very rarely join an internet community and stay is because I'm having difficulties handling those rare cases when somebody manages upset me or piss me off, which seems to be an increasing tendency. See, when that happens, I put my "Asshole armor +1" on and swoop down to their level, even if using clever words while doing so. When that happens, I don't feel good - I feel rather bad about myself, actually, and past the last year and a half or so, that's been happening increasingly more and more. Now I'm not trying to color myself as a victim, I am an asshole when it comes down to it, but I don't want to be - sadly, since this reactionary tendency is not something I can control very well, the only solution seems to be to just cut myself off altogther.

So, why the attention whory topic then? I've been thinking about doing this a lot during last few months, and I don't think I can force myself to leave without doing this thing. So I am. Now I'll feel bad when I want to post in addition to feeling bad while talking about thigs, so it'll be all ... Well, bad, but that's the point :-P I'll probably stick around game specific boards for some time to see if I can be of some help at least, but I'll try to limit my activity as much as Fenixpily possible.

Anyway, thank you for the time you've allowed me to spend on these general boards. It's been nice. Less so towards the now, but eh. And I might come back at some point anyway, because I'm a feeble minded individual :-P And because I wanted to try something out. But you'll see. Possibly. At some point. Oh right, also a giveaway of a 10USD title, not random, I'll just pick someone I like. Because that's how I roll. Just so this topic is not a total waste of time (it'll end when I feel like it, I'll PM the winner.)

Edit: I'd just like to point out that I'm not leaving GOG and I still have Galaxy installed, so if you need something, feel free to message me.
Sad to see you go, but I completely understand. I've been experiencing the same exact thing lately (not just with GOG but with online interactions in general). I've been considering leaving as well. Not that there's many people left who would notice :P

Hopefully we can still chat on Steam from time to time.

EDIT: Good lord, I just noticed how old this thread is. Ugh. Sorry.
Post edited February 18, 2016 by jefequeso
jefequeso: ...
ohman, that's funny

translates to - "didn't even notice you were gone, but, adios! .... oooooops, let me just eat my foot"

silly cheese-head! it's all good though! we still love you!
jefequeso: Sad to see you go, but I completely understand. I've been experiencing the same exact thing lately (not just with GOG but with online interactions in general). I've been considering leaving as well. Not that there's many people left who would notice :P

Hopefully we can still chat on Steam from time to time.

EDIT: Good lord, I just noticed how old this thread is. Ugh. Sorry.
er he is back
the thread got necro'd to announce his return the shameless attention whore
drealmer7: 2.) tinyE and I have learned to be civil to each other, even friendly!
Good. I was considering telling you to give tinyE a chance, but then I figured he eventually grows on just about anyone. And he did. Right, tiny?

snowkatt: sadly we are all weak
look at me i fucked off for 6 months and here i am up to my ass in this forum again
It's kinda evil. I was tired of getting things done in my life anyway.

Tarm: ...
You mean you can leave without making a heartfelt topic about it? How does that work?
Post edited February 18, 2016 by Fenixp
Tarm: ...
Fenixp: You mean you can leave without making a heartfelt topic about it? How does that work?
"Just walk away".
Kind of. :)

I lose interest and realize it starts to feel like work to constantly check the forum for interesting things. I get burned out and bored in a combination so a little while after I've left I feel relief.
drealmer7: 2.) tinyE and I have learned to be civil to each other, even friendly!
Fenixp: Good. I was considering telling you to give tinyE a chance, but then I figured he eventually grows on just about anyone. And he did. Right, tiny?
just like any old fungus i see

snowkatt: sadly we are all weak
look at me i fucked off for 6 months and here i am up to my ass in this forum again
Fenixp: It's kinda evil. I was tired of getting things done in my life anyway.
i came here on new years day cause iw as bored and the bastards got their hooks in me again

Fenixp: You mean you can leave without making a heartfelt topic about it? How does that work?
very easy
you just stop posting
Post edited February 18, 2016 by snowkatt
Fenixp: ... turns out the rest of the internet sucks more than you assholes. ...
Umm, the rest of the Internet? You mean there is more?
I better stay on GOG island. If I surf out too far, I'll probably drop over the edge.
Fenixp: ... turns out the rest of the internet sucks more than you assholes. ...
DeMignon: Umm, the rest of the Internet? You mean there is more?
I better stay on GOG island. If I surf out too far, I'll probably drop over the edge.
Gog island is round I tell you, ROUND!
jefequeso: ...
drealmer7: ohman, that's funny

translates to - "didn't even notice you were gone, but, adios! .... oooooops, let me just eat my foot"

silly cheese-head! it's all good though! we still love you!
I tell ya what, both my feet are scarred with teeth marks at this point :P