It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cleve says Grimoire is coming to Steam Greenlight next Friday!

Keep in mind that Cleve has been saying this for weeks now.

Meantime, the microissues count is down to 10 before the next excuse for not releasing it is released. I am looking forward to the entertainment that will follow with this announcement.

In other news, Cleve decided add new and improved NPCs to "ancient placeholders" and is busily animating them now.
dirtyharry50: At least I can poke fun at him when I am in the mood. He's the most arrogant fool I've ever come across.
LOL strong words from the guy who falsely berated others to not share the public superdemo link, the guy who would not even apologize for his idiocy even after being laughed at by the dev himself!

aww..I see you edited ALL your posts of that funny incident 2 months later! hehe that is awesome. too bad some of the stuff you wrote was quoted :D

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/so_grimoire/post374
dirtyharry50: At least I can poke fun at him when I am in the mood. He's the most arrogant fool I've ever come across.
jamotide: LOL strong words from the guy who falsely berated others to not share the public superdemo link, the guy who would not even apologize for his idiocy even after being laughed at by the dev himself!

aww..I see you edited ALL your posts of that funny incident 2 months later! hehe that is awesome. too bad some of the stuff you wrote was quoted :D

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/so_grimoire/post374
You quote a post that is a year and a half old and the quoted post is civil enough too I might add. You are of course free to disagree with me as you did then but I see no need to randomly pop up and dredge up stuff that old. Everybody else including me has left that issue behind a long time ago. I think you need to as well. I removed the old comments in anticipation of you seeking them out endlessly. Look at how I was right in expecting you to behave that way even all this time later.

By the way, the phrase "falsely berated others to not share (etc)" makes no sense in the English language.
low rated
I quoted the one that explains how wrong and arrogant you were. But since you edited all your posts, it is not possible to quote the really horrible ones.
And yes, if someone is as wrong as you were, I reserve the right to pop up randomly to bring it up.
jamotide: I quoted the one that explains how wrong and arrogant you were. But since you edited all your posts, it is not possible to quote the really horrible ones.
And yes, if someone is as wrong as you were, I reserve the right to pop up randomly to bring it up.
I disagree with you that I was wrong jamotide but I am not going back in time one and a half years ago to argue about something that only you seem to care about. I think you have some personal problem with me that goes beyond that old discussion for you to go to the trouble of finding old posts, etc. You need to get over that.

The only things I post here now are updates on the game's progress or lack thereof generally and I sometimes try to do that with a bit of humor.

You have no right to reserve, to pop up randomly and remind me forever how wrong and arrogant you think I was. That amounts to harassment, not meaningful discussion. You brought this up completely out of context. There was no need of it. It's as simple as that. So, I'll ask you to please stop doing that now. Thank you.
lol you still disagree? Even after the dev himself laughed you out? That is exactly why you need to be reminded, when you say things like "He's the most arrogant fool I've ever come across"
jamotide: Even after the dev himself laughed you out?
Sounds like a jerk of dev.
ET3D: Sounds like a jerk of dev.
That is not even close, this guy is extraordinary, there is so much drama around this guy, you could not make it up.
jamotide: Even after the dev himself laughed you out?
ET3D: Sounds like a jerk of dev.
He is. He takes the cake really and I have worked with plenty of real developers in my day. He is funny in his own way though. His antics and the constant bashing he takes in stride over on rpgcodex is funny stuff. I recently referred to him as the teflon dev since he is completely unaffected by his many detractors which is just as well I guess.
jamotide: lol you still disagree? Even after the dev himself laughed you out? That is exactly why you need to be reminded, when you say things like "He's the most arrogant fool I've ever come across"
That's a fairly legitimate assessment of Cleve Blakemore who has also taken people's money in two campaigns and never delivered the goods yet despite more broken promises than I can remember or probably anyone can at this point. This includes the promised pledges only perk of that superdemo which you either never knew about or conveniently like to ignore because it negates your arguments entirely. He did what he did and I called him out for it. That his response to me was to call me autistic does not change anything. That was just typical Cleve treating one his backers with scorn for expecting him to keep the promises made when he was taking our money. I didn't realize back then that no promise from Cleve means anything at all. I have yet to see any of them kept, the most recent being promises of the game being on Greenlight "this Friday" for I forget how many weeks now. I found that humorous which was why I mentioned it here.

I have called him out for other broken promises as well. Cleve doesn't reply to these anymore because I frame them in such a way that there is no comedic escape from the truth of his endless parade of broken promises and failure to deliver the goods.

Why you would ever think that Cleve "laughing someone out" has any credibility or meaning at all is beyond me. Few people remain in this world that would assign much weight or credibility to anything Mr. Blakemore has to say although it is often entertaining. I am guessing at what you mean by that phrase since I've not encountered it before and I am a native English speaker. He made an insulting remark is what he did. If you found that amusing well that's your business.

Now, this should be done. Not that it should have come up at all again a year and a half later out of the blue but since it did, this should be the end of it. You do not have any right to keep bringing up old hate and spewing it. Stay that course and it's only a matter of time before you earn yourself a ban. Do yourself a favor and just let it die. You and I really don't need to be talking to each other about anything. No good will come of it, so why do it?
Post edited May 26, 2015 by dirtyharry50
jamotide: lol you still disagree? Even after the dev himself laughed you out? That is exactly why you need to be reminded, when you say things like "He's the most arrogant fool I've ever come across"
You know, people are allowed to change their opinions on things over time. Just saying.

dirtyharry50: I don't consider anyone who paid some years ago, including me, to be a supporter for some time. I also don't think Cleve deliberately scammed us. He's just a delusional idiot posing as a professional software engineer. These things happen sometimes with crowd funding.

At least I can poke fun at him when I am in the mood. He's the most arrogant fool I've ever come across.
Hmm. I wonder how he'd stack up to David Cage, Derek Smart, and Peter Molyneux.
rampancy: You know, people are allowed to change their opinions on things over time. Just saying.

dirtyharry50: I don't consider anyone who paid some years ago, including me, to be a supporter for some time. I also don't think Cleve deliberately scammed us. He's just a delusional idiot posing as a professional software engineer. These things happen sometimes with crowd funding.

At least I can poke fun at him when I am in the mood. He's the most arrogant fool I've ever come across.
rampancy: Hmm. I wonder how he'd stack up to David Cage, Derek Smart, and Peter Molyneux.
In some ways, he'd probably fit right in but I think his level of crazy extends beyond any of them.
low rated
rampancy: You know, people are allowed to change their opinions on things over time. Just saying.
Luckily for the fun of everyone, dirty harry is obviously not one of them!

dirtyharry50: Why you would ever think that Cleve "laughing someone out" has any credibility or meaning at all is beyond me.
The fun part is that he laughed at you for needlessly defending him. And even afterwards (even now!) you thought you were right to do so.

dirtyharry50: No good will come of it, so why do it?
Are you serious? Yours was one of the funniest posting screwups ever, I will joyously think about it everytime I see your name. Plenty of good fun will come of it.
jamotide: Luckily for the fun of everyone, dirty harry is obviously not one of them!

dirtyharry50: Why you would ever think that Cleve "laughing someone out" has any credibility or meaning at all is beyond me.
jamotide: The fun part is that he laughed at you for needlessly defending him. And even afterwards (even now!) you thought you were right to do so.

dirtyharry50: No good will come of it, so why do it?
jamotide: Are you serious? Yours was one of the funniest posting screwups ever, I will joyously think about it everytime I see your name. Plenty of good fun will come of it.
Cleve never laughed at me. He just insulted me. You seem to selectively remember things as suits you in dredging this up for no legitimate reason. I went after Cleve for going back on his word and giving away a perk he'd promised to paying backers only such as myself. That is what he did. In retrospect after all of this time though, I don't care. He did it. It's done. Whatever.

So, everything I said back then revolved around the fact that Cleve did that and there is no debating that Cleve did that. Therefore, yes I was and still am right about what went on there.

For reference, Cleve posted this apology for being late (again) nearly two years ago on the Indiegogo page for the first pledge drive that I contributed to:

almost 2 years ago

First of all, I want to apologize for my game being late. I knew at the start of May there was too much piling up to finish it by the end of this month. I could tell you about the work I have had to do this month, including relocating my entire family … but I don’t want you to think that I believe that is any reason for it not to be completed as quickly as possible .

I am now working on it every night, usually until midnight. I have tooltips working pretty well and have worked my way through a hundred bugs and glitches. There isn’t much left to do in terms of bug fixing but there still remains a lot of testing and walkthrough.

I will promise a new update video in early June, a superdemo for the pledges only (which I am trying to make compatible for any saved games in the final version) and a new target date for the release.

Again, I apologize. The game is looking good enough to fulfill most of the expectations for it but there still remains some work to get it into a release state. I also promise at this time to do far more regular updating until the game is out and the pledges are met. I have early draft versions of the manual and the hint guide which still need some editing to complete.

Thanks,
Cleve Blakemore

On the front page of that Indiegogo campaign Cleve also made the following promise to people pledging to the campaign:

"COMPLETION NOT SUBJECT TO FUNDING!! THIS GAME WILL SHIP IN MAY 2013 WITH OR WITHOUT ENHANCEMENT!! A PLEDGE HERE WILL BE FULFILLED. THIS CAMPAIGN IS NOT A FUNDING FOR COMPLETION, IT IS A FUNDING FOR ENHANCEMENT!!! COMPLETION IS GUARANTEED HERE!"

As it turned out, none of that was true. This was why he was offering the superdemo to pledges to make up for being so late and the first quote above is about that.

Sometime later, Cleve ran a second campaign with the following promise on the front page:

COMPLETION NOT SUBJECT TO FUNDING!! THIS GAME WILL SHIP IN MAY 2013 WITH OR WITHOUT ENHANCEMENT!! A PLEDGE HERE WILL BE FULFILLED. THIS CAMPAIGN IS NOT A FUNDING FOR COMPLETION, IT IS A FUNDING FOR ENHANCEMENT!!! COMPLETION IS GUARANTEED HERE!

It is now May 2015 and Cleve is still fixing bugs and adding new NPCs to the game or so he says. The game is still not complete if what he says is true about adding new content to it. Even if it was, he was stating it was pretty much done and just needed testing some two years ago now.

Basically, it's been two years of broken promises and excuses following the first crowd funding he did. He has not kept his word to those who backed him. That is the fact of the matter.

I don't know why you would want to keep going back in time to something you were so clearly incorrect about.
Post edited May 27, 2015 by dirtyharry50
Fuck me sideways, is this scenario still a thing? Isn't it safe to assume that this game will never be released?