It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So that was quite the dick move but I've got to say; if he intended it to be for backers only, maybe he should have called it a "first slice" or a "preview." Calling it a demo implies that it's something everyone should be able to get for evaluation purposes.

Also, I'm not sure what to think of a 30-40 hour demo. My better judgement says that most people will have had their fill after the demo so I'm hoping that it never becomes a demo available on his site or something. Backers, having paid to play the full game, will probably be a different case, and had I backed the game, I'd probably be hoping that he makes sure the saves transfer at least.
In his replies to the news with the PUBLIC download link the dev prides himself about that and says it is shareware tradition to release 20% of the full game.

I see Mister Dirty edited out the Fs and Yous and other harsh words from his posts, I guess that is as good an apology as anything.
Post edited November 03, 2013 by jamotide
low rated
Grimoire will never be a finished game worth playing and Cleve Blakemore has stolen money.

This is how it stands today and based on 17+ years of bullshit odds are it isn't going to change.

Retracting my other comments about this vaporware, it's bug infested super demo, etc.
Post edited January 03, 2014 by dirtyharry50
Nope I meant the post where he QUOTES the link to a newspost that posts the PUBLIC download link where he does not complain about it like you did. In fact he does not mention the fact that it is public at all.
Gamebanshee and other sites posted it,too. Maybe you go whine there, or alternatively, just apologize to the guy who posted it here.
Grimoire will never be a finished game worth playing and Cleve Blakemore has stolen money.

This is how it stands today and based on 17+ years of bullshit odds are it isn't going to change.

Retracting my other comments about this vaporware, it's bug infested super demo, etc.
Yes I am his lover, what's it to you, jealous?

dirtyharry50: No. You aren't getting out of this that easily. I just showed you three instances of the guy clearly starting it was for pledges only in addition to the other one I previously posted where he also says the same thing. His not complaining does not equal him reversing his position and saying so. Nice try.
So why don't you tell this poor dev you have taken up to defend in your crusade here that he accidentally released his demo to the greedy public then? Afraid to be laughed at by the superhuman with 183 IQ? Come on, just contact him, he has a website and everything. Contact him through indiegogo, leave a comment on his vault-co blog, or more hilarious for everyone, post at that rpg forum and complain that they posted that link openly like crosmando here!
Why don't we all love each other? :-D
Stop it, you two.
Download link is on front page of the Codex, and DRM is honor only, and it is roughly 20% of the game and somewhat a shareware demo.
Cleve explained it here:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/grimoire-superdemo-available.75724/page-191#post-2940103

dirtyharry50: You just conveniently ignored me pointing out to you no less than four total recent instances of him clearly stating the download is for pledges only. I understand too. You can't argue that. That right there makes posting the link here wrong.
Can't argue that? Hahaha, don't you think the dev might have said something in his reply to the newspost if it bothers him that his secret link was posted there openly? No mention at all, clearly he is furious! Almost as furious as you!
Madmate: and DRM is honor only
dirtyharry50: Oh, Lord. "Honor only?" I am afraid to ask what you meant by that. In fact, please don't even tell me. I am getting really tired of this now. Hopefully GOG or Crosmando edits the relevant post and if not, oh, well.
I understand that you don't like it, but download link is on THE front page of RPG Codex.

dirtyharry50: So what? Most of the project's backers if not all are visitors to rpgcodex. I disagree with posting it there since the pledges would have gotten emails with it and it was available to them on indiegogo page as well. People doing whatever they feel like because they can doesn't impact whether it happens to be right or wrong unless I missed that memo somehow.
As I see it, you have a problem with Cleve, because he has no problem, or he doesn't care about download being free for all. Link was there from yesterday, and he didn't post a single word for removal. I don't want it, cause I'm waiting for full game, but it is there, whether you like it or not.
dirtyharry50: Where have I ever made any mention of Cleve's emotional state in response to all of this. Oh, wait! I haven't.
Where have I claimed you did mention that? OH wait I haven't. Because I made that mention. Come on, put some effort into this.

Lol wut, someone has their panties in a knot, you don't even need to be a Indiegogo backer to see the link, see for yourself (well if you're a backer log-out and see):
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grimoire-heralds-of-the-winged-exemplar?c=activity

The Codex are also posting it on their front-page news:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-golden-baby-is-back-grimoire-superdemo-released.87519/

I don't see the problem, more people who play the demo more people who (might) buy it, and also more people testing it for bugs (which apparently is a problem in the game).