It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nijuu: good for you.I'm trying to work out why it keeps going to black screen.wondering if its a video driver issue
JudasIscariot: Try running the game as Administrator and use Windows XP Service Pack 2 or 3 as the compatibility mode. To note, I have an Nvidia card and the latest version, 1.31, ran flawlessly.
on windows 7 have latest updates.64bit.ati card.using 10.x version drivers as had problems with certain games on 11.x drivers.guess I could try 12.x ones.PC runs most current games no issues on medium.although I do get one bsod while playing path of exile beta most times (no boss any other time).game like grimoire shouldn't be causing issues
ET3D: Haven't checked this project for a while, but didn't he promise that only backers would get it DRM free? That would preclude a GOG release.
It seems like Mr. Blakemore has had a bit of a habit of making promises he doesn't keep.

The new demo works no problem on my laptop. Even the touchscreen controls work flawlessly. Hopefully the rest of the game is as good as the demo. I'd love to see this in GOG! I'm a little... uncomfortable giving money to the Indiegogo project
In Grimoire; you can ride on turtles.
Attachments:
suatmm.jpg (82 Kb)
the_bard: In Grimoire; you can ride on turtles.
Works great here, win7 x64, and only seems the updates are riding turtles :-)
Finally got it working. A reinstall fixed it.Not sure why. Ugh.
Looks ok
Plays ok...have to keep trying it further.
what happens if the indiegogo thing doesnt make it? Will we all have to buy it from his site or somewhere?
nijuu: what happens if the indiegogo thing doesnt make it? Will we all have to buy it from his site or somewhere?
Indiegogo campaign is Flexible Funding, so all that is payed goes to Cleve. He said that he will consider GOG and Steam Greenlight after he releases game for funders in May.
Post edited April 06, 2013 by Madmate
nijuu: Finally got it working. A reinstall fixed it.Not sure why. Ugh.
Looks ok
Plays ok...have to keep trying it further.
what happens if the indiegogo thing doesnt make it? Will we all have to buy it from his site or somewhere?
If you pledge there, you will get it regardless of funding.
nijuu: what happens if the indiegogo thing doesnt make it? Will we all have to buy it from his site or somewhere?
Madmate: Indiegogo campaign is Flexible Funding, so all that is payed goes to Cleve. He said that he will consider GOG and Steam Greenlight after he releases game for funders in May.
Good thing its pretty much a completed game. He did say he will only give game drm free to backers....so its a bit of a crapshoot whether it will be on gog :/
nijuu: Good thing its pretty much a completed game. He did say he will only give game drm free to backers....so its a bit of a crapshoot whether it will be on gog :/
He seems to have warmed up to the idea:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/grimoire-demo-availabe.75724/page-124#post-2588483
Well, I hope he does work out a deal with GOG to release it here. That would resolve the turmoil I currently feel over whether or not to back the indiegogo of a man, who obviously possesses the ability to create a brilliant game, but apparently can't distinguish the difference between a rat and a squirrel. -___-

I've been worrying over this ever since I saw the turtle. Should I give him my money now, or wait?...
the_bard: Well, I hope he does work out a deal with GOG to release it here. That would resolve the turmoil I currently feel over whether or not to back the indiegogo of a man, who obviously possesses the ability to create a brilliant game, but apparently can't distinguish the difference between a rat and a squirrel. -___-

I've been worrying over this ever since I saw the turtle. Should I give him my money now, or wait?...
In the case of Mr. Blakemore, I'm sure he would not want money of someone who doubts his ability to distinguish between a rat and a squirrel.
the_bard: between a rat and a squirrel.
Squirrels are rats! They're just the ones that spawn in the bowels of hell before they drag their fetid corpses to the surface to torment man for a few years. Fuck squirrels, seriously!
ET3D: In the case of Mr. Blakemore, I'm sure he would not want money of someone who doubts his ability to distinguish between a rat and a squirrel.
I didn't realize my Grimoire squirrel-rats comment would open up such a can of nuts.

orcishgamer: Squirrels are rats! They're just the ones that spawn in the bowels of hell before they drag their fetid corpses to the surface to torment man for a few years. Fuck squirrels, seriously!
Some folks from the mid 14th century would beg to differ.
orcishgamer: Squirrels are rats! They're just the ones that spawn in the bowels of hell before they drag their fetid corpses to the surface to torment man for a few years. Fuck squirrels, seriously!
the_bard: Some folks from the mid 14th century would beg to differ.
Only if they're in league with Satan.
the_bard: between a rat and a squirrel.
Whats a squirrel? ;).
the_bard: Well, I hope he does work out a deal with GOG to release it here. That would resolve the turmoil I currently feel over whether or not to back the indiegogo of a man, who obviously possesses the ability to create a brilliant game, but apparently can't distinguish the difference between a rat and a squirrel. -___-

ET3D: In the case of Mr. Blakemore, I'm sure he would not want money of someone who doubts his ability to distinguish between a rat and a squirrel.
He is a bit narky... but then he is getting on a bit ;)....He makes a good game with good ideas though. Wonder how long the sequel will take? ;)
Post edited April 07, 2013 by nijuu