It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yeah, what I meant is that I still have v1.1 installed (in Program Files, no less) and changing the fullscreen setting, saving the game, etc, would crash the game...until I ran as administrator.

No idea what makes v1.2 work correctly.
johnki: Yeah, what I meant is that I still have v1.1 installed (in Program Files, no less) and changing the fullscreen setting, saving the game, etc, would crash the game...until I ran as administrator.

No idea what makes v1.2 work correctly.
For me it's the other way around. v1.1 was working in the option screens but v1.2 was crashing.
Grimoire certainly is an interesting project. It's old school through and through whit UI elements that I'm glad aren't used anymore. Nice thing is though, that the game seems to recall your battle settings, so after the first comabt you can just hack away the battle button if you so choose.

And I do like how colorful the world looks. A lot of modern games try to avoid the use of color, which results into rather boring environments.
Sielle: Well, I decided to give the v1.2 a shot, and it's now crashing even more often. Any time I try to change anything in the configuration menu (even the music volume) it crashes.
johnki: If you're on Win7 64-bit, are you running as administrator? I had that problem with 1.1 and by checking the "run as admin" box, it's running perfectly fine.
I've noticed that, as well (v1.2). The demo still insist on crashing somewhat randomly from time to time, but definitely not as often as it used to.
A proper beta test before release feels like a necessity, unless Cleve manages to track down the source of these problems.
http://lightbox.time.com/2013/02/28/baby-henry-flies-again/?hpt=hp_c3#1
Any word on this?

I was looking into seeing if Redshift would be selling stuff on GOG (apparently they were rejected?) and was reminded of Grimoire.
ShadowWulfe: Any word on this?

I was looking into seeing if Redshift would be selling stuff on GOG (apparently they were rejected?) and was reminded of Grimoire.
A new (Win7 64bit-compatible) demo is being worked on.
$3,915

Raised of $25,000 Goal

23 days left

Im not sure if he will reach his goal. What happens if it doesnt? (game is pretty much complete isnt it?)
Cleve has stated previously that regardless of what happens with fund raising that he will be releasing in May. The fund raising was to hopefully fund some extra polish for the game but the things he mentioned at the time all sounded purely optional (new music, etc.).

He posted recently that a finished demo was about a week away since he'd discovered some new bug he wanted to fix before releasing it. The superdemo for those who pledge is supposed to follow shortly thereafter.
ShadowWulfe: I was looking into seeing if Redshift would be selling stuff on GOG (apparently they were rejected?) and was reminded of Grimoire.
Rejected? :-( Why?
RaggieRags:
Because we haven't complained or wishlisted enough!
RaggieRags:
ShadowWulfe: Because we haven't complained or wishlisted enough!
I'm more worried about Al Emmo and The Dutchman's Mine http://www.himalayastudios.com/postcards.php
Made by people well-known to GOG too, the creators of the King's Quest remakes and the upcoming Mage's Initiation.
Post edited March 28, 2013 by McDon
McDon:
Are any of the things mentioned in this thread on the wishlist? I would love to see Redshift, Dutchman's Mine, and especially Grimoire on GOG.

The Grimoire thing started as a joke, but it looks to be really shaping up quite well.
yet to try the demo but I like the looks and what I know so far. unsure about 25bucks.is the price likely to be more on release?
This just in from our good friend Cleve Blakemore. A new demo with fixes is now available!

Grimoire Version 1.31 is now available for download at:

http://www.filedropper.com/grimoiredemov131

Please note that it is a good idea to uninstall any old versions of the demo before installing this new one.

Please report any problems with a description of how to reproduce them so we can fix them. This version has been tested on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7 in 32/64 bit flavors with no bugs found in the public demo. Running pretty solid. Please keep in mind there are still many placeholder graphics in the game that will be replaced with better versions in the final release.

Tooltips were disabled in this version but they have been implemented, time was not available to test them thoroughly yet. They will certainly appear in the next version in some form.

Certain modifications to various parts of the demo and full game have resulted from feedback, one of the most notable is a means to recover dismissed party members in the game.