It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PaterAlf: The giveaway is officially over now and Santa says goodbye!

skimmie and myself had a great time with this thread and really enjoyed all the videos, recipes and stories that were posted. A big thank you to everyone who participated and helped to bring the Christmas spirit to the forum!

Feel free to post more Christmas-related stuff in this thread. Giveaway might be over, but that doesn't mean that the thread has to day (at least not for some more days). ;-)
Indeed! Thanks to everyone who participated and helped make this one big thread filled with holiday warmth and cheer!
I'm off shortly to start my New Year's Eve preparations (gotta go pick up the fireworks I ordered). On to the next festivities :)
Indeed. Thankyou to our generous hosts for their hospitality (and generousity).
And thankyou to our participants, whos interesting posts of tradition, songs and foods that open our eyes to the weird and wonderful outside of our little echo chambers.
ConsulCaesar: Christmas officially ends on January 6th here, with the arrival of the Three Wise Men (our traditional gift bearers). So nobody in their right mind would even think about taking down Christmas decorations until January 7th.
I never take down my Christmas decorations before the coming of the Three Wise Men, but I'm probably the last in my relatives. Most of them already take down the Christmas tree before the New Year :(
Dear skimmie and PaterAlf,
this is a lovely thread and I want to thank you both for creating it and for your generosity.
You are awesome paladins of Christmas spirit and I wish you both an happy 2019.
Post edited January 02, 2019 by dr.schliemann
Happy new year to everyone! May all your wishes in 2019 come true. :)
PaterAlf: Happy new year to everyone! May all your wishes in 2019 come true. :)
LOL, bit late, but happy new year you too, especially to skimmie.
Happy New year to you too.
Btw, how many people here celebrate the epiphany?
j0ekerr: Happy New year to you too.
Btw, how many people here celebrate the epiphany?
We used to, now we just acknowledge it :P
Happy new year to everyone!
Happy New year to everyone too! :)
j0ekerr: Btw, how many people here celebrate the epiphany?
I wouldn't say that we celebrate it. But there's a tradition that kids dressed as the three wise men walk around in the community, sing a song and bless the house. And the owners donate some money in return.
j0ekerr: Btw, how many people here celebrate the epiphany?
PaterAlf: And the owners donate some money in return.
Or a rock comes through the window:)