It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tauto:
PaterAlf: I think he was talking about his prize, but about his way to spend Christmas.

Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful time with their loved ones.
Merry Christmas and I will go and eat some humble pie.
Post edited December 24, 2018 by Tauto
This thread has been a lot of fun. Thanks!
Awesome! Merry Christmas to all of you, especially the two "santaspawns"! ;)
Silent Night history :-)

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-This-Day-in-History-Class-29520957/episode/silent-night-performed-for-the-first-30340659/
Merry Christmas to all!
cecil: Actually Sarah McLachlan has 2 albums Wintersong (2006) and Wonderland (2016)
gogtrial34987: Ooh, nice! I haven't been keeping track of her these last few years, so didn't know about Wonderland. I'll have to look it up!
I'm with gogtrial, I didn't realize she had done Wonderland either. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll have to go look it up also!

Merry Christmas everyone! May your holidays be joyful, filled with close friends and family, and love and laughter.
Thank you PaterAlf and skimmie for this holiday thread. :)
And may the kids have stayed off the Christmas tree, skimmie. ;)
Merry Christmas! I somehow haven't seen this thread until just now. We have some crazy traditions.

When my son was one, we had the worst birthday party for him. He got so upset about opening presents that he threw up. That in combination with the Advent season and the fact that we are often gone for Christmas to relatives' homes lent itself for a full December Christmas.

So we open presents, do a Bible story/lesson (birth of Christ, the prophecies about his birth, etc), and light a candle each Sunday.

We just did our Jesus birthday cake, which we do every Christmas Eve.

This year, we're not going to relatives, so we were thinking of cleaning our neighborhood or something. We try to give a gift to Jesus in some form (usually a donation) but an activity is good, too.

We love the candlelight service on Christmas Eve too, but churches don't seem to know how to do them anymore. They never brought the lights down, candles were out for just one song, and the band was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves sing.

That's about it. We like our little traditions. They're a mix of my family, my wife's, and done stuff we just made up.

Merry Christmas!
gogtrial34987:
bjgamer: I'm with gogtrial, I didn't realize she had done Wonderland either. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll have to go look it up also!
Your welcome and thank you :-) glad I can share my love and knowledge of Sarah Mclachlan christmas music.
cecil: Your welcome and thank you :-) glad I can share my love and knowledge of Sarah Mclachlan christmas music.
I really like her music in general, I don't know why I didn't think to check sooner, but after 2015 and dealing with back to back terminal illnesses in the family, I just didn't look into it.

On a more Christmassy note - we just got the family kids down snug in their beds after introducing them to "The Santa Clause" movie. :) It is a fun comedy if any of you have not seen it yet. The wife (of course) loves the "elves, with attitude".
Post edited December 25, 2018 by bjgamer
Thanks PaterAlf and Skimmie for a fun giveaway, and Happy Christmas to all:)
Merry Christmas! Ho ho ho! :)
Merry Christmas to Pater and Skimmie and the thread
May there be joy and happiness for all in your head
from the tinyist to the biggest of boxes
from things you hopefully wanted
to the things you needed like new sockses
What it is doesn't matter that much
it's the communal vibe that matters so much
cecil: I was inspired to make a retelling

‘Twas the time zone before Christmas
When all though the forum
What did we see but two lovely goggers
They sparked such lovely discussion and brought holiday cheer
One on snowmobie and one on ski no riendeer here
Handing out holiday cheer from their hearts and under the tree

I’d just like to say
A warm Merry Christmas to all and thank you everybody :-)
Santa likes your creativity. He left a gift in your stocking. :)
cecil: I was inspired to make a retelling

‘Twas the time zone before Christmas
When all though the forum
What did we see but two lovely goggers
They sparked such lovely discussion and brought holiday cheer
One on snowmobie and one on ski no riendeer here
Handing out holiday cheer from their hearts and under the tree

I’d just like to say
A warm Merry Christmas to all and thank you everybody :-)
PaterAlf: Santa likes your creativity. He left a gift in your stocking. :)
Thank You very much :-)
laucha17: wow nice, im in for the giveaway and i hope santa is feeling generous
Santa is feeling generous. He left a present in your stocking!