It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tauto: Tooheys,Reschs,Fourex (xxxx) VB,Hanh, and on and on and on and on and too many to name.
PaterAlf: Any good idea for a recipe that includes beer? Maybe fish with a beer crust?
The only recipe,I know of is the ''technicolour yawn'' and usually an overindulgence of trifle and just about any beer of any make will work.The ''overindulgence'' is the key factor.
Terry's chocolate oranges are a christmas staple. I make a version of them to serve at Christmas gatherings. Their fairly simply to make.

4 ounces dark chocolate
3 ounces candied orange peel, finely chopped
2 cups slivered almonds

Toast the almonds in an oven for about 7 minutes at 350f
Temper the chocolate
Stir the almonds and the candied orange peel into the tempered chocolate
Place mounds of the mixture on parchment paper or a silicone mat
Set in the fride for 15 minutes
Falci: www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0JzRS0f9Zs

The video is an ad for a bank from when I was a kid. I'm not too much into Christmas stuff, but I love this song.

Also, thanks for the generosity! Happy Holidays everyone!
A Christmas-themed bank ad? Santa is astonished and left a present in your stocking. ;)
carpediem15: I'd have to say that my favorite Christmas carol would be Silent Night. It's just so peaceful.

I'm in for the giveaway. Thanks for doing this Skimmie and PaterAlf. I love seeing everyone elses Christmas traditions.
skimmie: I wholeheartedly agree with you on Silent Night. Any particular version or performance you like best? I'm always looking for versions of the traditional carols with as much 'warmth' as possible, if you know what I mean (yes fellow goglodytes, that is a question to all of you :)
My favorite version is the one Josh Groban did. I put it on repeat for about an hour. :)
Tauto: The only recipe,I know of is the ''technicolour yawn'' and usually an overindulgence of trifle and just about any beer of any make will work.The ''overindulgence'' is the key factor.
I had to look up what "technicolour yawn" means. Now I'm pretty sure I don't want that for Christmas. ;)
Tauto: The only recipe,I know of is the ''technicolour yawn'' and usually an overindulgence of trifle and just about any beer of any make will work.The ''overindulgence'' is the key factor.
PaterAlf: I had to look up what "technicolour yawn" means. Now I'm pretty sure I don't want that for Christmas. ;)
...Okay, now I have to look it up, too :P

-edit- Oh. Pretty sure I never had one for christmas. New year's eve is a whole other story, though :)
skimmie: I wholeheartedly agree with you on Silent Night. Any particular version or performance you like best? I'm always looking for versions of the traditional carols with as much 'warmth' as possible, if you know what I mean (yes fellow goglodytes, that is a question to all of you :)
carpediem15: My favorite version is the one Josh Groban did. I put it on repeat for about an hour. :)
This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA2i_Ujidoc
Post edited December 20, 2018 by skimmie
Kacey Musgraves have a Willie nice christmas
It's so cheesy I really dig it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCHXJojyys

I'm not a hotel but I am INN ;-)
skimmie: Thank you for a lovely contribution to the thread! It's a beautiful poem. Would you mind sharing the original, non-translated version?
BeatriceElysia: I lost my Croatian version a while back, only to save English one on piece of paper, but I can remember & translate it back.

Kad snjezi pobjele polja
i zvona zvone
i kuće ispunjavaju pjesmom
i ljudi posežu željom
za Božinom gozbom
tada Sv. Nikola će pokucati
u dječjim snovima
da donose poklone
da donese nadu
da donese sreću

kad hladni vjetrovi zapušu
i zvjezde zasjaju
kada su drvca božićna
i ljudi mole
za blagostanje
tada će Yuletide
i Božić
i Sretna Nova Godina
donjeti veselje u domovinu...

There's some discrepancy between Croatian version & English one. Croatian version had some other holiday besides Yuletide, but I can't remember which one, I remember I changed it to Yuletide when doing the traslation. I also changed Sv. Nikola to Santa, so Croatian version is bit diferent to English one.

I will just add I never do rhyme...
Thanks! I pulled it through Google Translate, and amazingly enough, the Dutch translation is pretty close to the English version at least. I was curious to see if there would be any differences if I translated directly to Dutch.
BenKii: My favorite Christmas song has definitely got to be "Wizards in Winter" by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I first heard this song from a Youtube video of someone who timed his Christmas light display to the music. Was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen. This song also reminds me of the times when me and my family would put up a big light display. Was always the best looking display in our neighborhood. Linked below is the song and also the same light display that I saw many years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWBjl-jPcVM

I'm in for the giveaway. Thanks Pateralf and skimmie for bringing the holiday cheer to Gog. :D
skimmie: Santa loves a good light show! He left a present in your stocking.
josh72718: Happy holidays friends!

:)

In for the giveaway, wishlist updated, and chat open.
here is one song I really like hope you enjoy

Campanas de Belén / The bells of Bethlehem

The Spanish lyrics:

Campana sobre campana
y sobre campana una
asómate a la ventana
verás a un niño en la cuna
Belén
Campanas de Belén
que los ángeles tocan
que nuevas me traés
Recogido tu rebaño
a donde vas pastorcillo?
Voy a llevar al portal
requesón, manteca y vino
chorus
Campana sobre campana
y sobre campana dos
asómate a la ventana
porque esta naciendo Dios
chorus
Caminando a media noche
¿a donde vas pastorcillo?
le llevo al niño que nace
como a Dios mi corazón

The English lyrics:
Bells, over Bells
And one bell above all
Look out the window
See a child in a crib
Bethlehem
Bells of Bethlehem
that the angels ring
Ringing in the new
Pick up your flock,
Where is your shepherd?
I'll take the portal,
cheese, butter and wine.
chorus
Bells, over Bells
And one bell above two
Look out the window,
because God is being born
chorus
Walking at midnight
Where are you going shepherd?
I bring the child that is born
Like God in my heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyRFHeNMoXA
skimmie: Santa thinks you've been nice this year! He left a present in your stocking.
wooo!, thank you friends. I very much love my gift. A very merry Christmas to you both and all GOGers.
cecil: Kacey Musgraves have a Willie nice christmas
It's so cheesy I really dig it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCHXJojyys

I'm not a hotel but I am INN ;-)
Good one!
BeatriceElysia: I lost my Croatian version a while back, only to save English one on piece of paper, but I can remember & translate it back.

Kad snjezi pobjele polja
i zvona zvone
i kuće ispunjavaju pjesmom
i ljudi posežu željom
za Božinom gozbom
tada Sv. Nikola će pokucati
u dječjim snovima
da donose poklone
da donese nadu
da donese sreću

kad hladni vjetrovi zapušu
i zvjezde zasjaju
kada su drvca božićna
i ljudi mole
za blagostanje
tada će Yuletide
i Božić
i Sretna Nova Godina
donjeti veselje u domovinu...

There's some discrepancy between Croatian version & English one. Croatian version had some other holiday besides Yuletide, but I can't remember which one, I remember I changed it to Yuletide when doing the traslation. I also changed Sv. Nikola to Santa, so Croatian version is bit diferent to English one.

I will just add I never do rhyme...
skimmie: Thanks! I pulled it through Google Translate, and amazingly enough, the Dutch translation is pretty close to the English version at least. I was curious to see if there would be any differences if I translated directly to Dutch.
Oh, interesting!
Post edited December 20, 2018 by BeatriceElysia
bjgamer: Well a variation on the Raisin Cookie recipe I posted is to soak the raisins in rum overnight. Not really sure how it would taste doing that with beer though.
Another wonderful recipe! And it sounds simple enough for me to try out with the kids :)
Out of curiosity, besides me, does anyone here have these as a Christmas dessert?

https://www.marthastewart.com/313038/chocolate-coconut-bars

They're delicious!
skimmie: (yes fellow goglodytes, that is a question to all of you :)
This is a fun jazz version of Adeste Fideles by our very own Joey Alexander.

Joey Alexander - O Come All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles) [In-studio Performance]
Falci: www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0JzRS0f9Zs

The video is an ad for a bank from when I was a kid. I'm not too much into Christmas stuff, but I love this song.

Also, thanks for the generosity! Happy Holidays everyone!
PaterAlf: A Christmas-themed bank ad? Santa is astonished and left a present in your stocking. ;)
Amazing! :D Thank you!!!
PaterAlf: I had to look up what "technicolour yawn" means. Now I'm pretty sure I don't want that for Christmas. ;)
Well, I doubt anyone wants one of those and now that is out of the way.