It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Make your purchases in PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK

Today we are adding six new local currency options to our store. From now on, if you are making purchases from Poland, Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, or Denmark, you will be able to pay in your local currency, i.e. PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK, respectively.

If you live in one of these beautiful countries, you're already able to choose between USD and EUR. Now, you get a third payment option: your local currency. Any store credit you may already have in USD or EUR remains unchanged and can be used for future purchases made in those currencies.
For more information on how our store credit works, check out this <span class="bold">FAQ</span>.

You can easily switch between your currency options using the drop-down menu at the website's footer or by going to Account → Orders & Settings → Account and Locale.

Having more options is always useful and a familiar currency can go a long way towards helping you plan your gaming budget. Now, you can do your DRM-free shopping in eleven currencies : USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, RUB, PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK. Enjoy!
jpambrun: Unfortunately, Canadian prices are not competitive at all. From what I can see, games are between 10 and 15% more expensive than the asking price on Steam. I like gog.. but not enough to pay a 15% tax..
I agree, steam should update its prices to reflect the current exchange rate.
I love the option of CHOICE between USD and CAD. Steam has a ridiculous mark up in many cases. The ability to switch between CAD and USD, as dependant on the exchange rate at that exact moment, is a competitive edge over Steam, which forces you to pay in CAD, whether it benefits you or not. Frequently, it benefits Valve instead of their Canadian customers. Remember, foreign companies: our money may not be the same colour as yours, but that doesn't mean it's worthless.
No Chicolinian Hexapennies? Sad...
Just dropping in to say thanks for adding CAD to the list of currencies, since it was my most wanted update. It'll make comparison shopping much easier and now I'll be able to make an informed decision rather than one based on guessing what the exchange will be when the transaction is processed. It is true, though, that you have to be competitive in pricing.
jpambrun: Unfortunately, Canadian prices are not competitive at all. From what I can see, games are between 10 and 15% more expensive than the asking price on Steam. I like gog.. but not enough to pay a 15% tax..
MightyPinecone: I agree, steam should update its prices to reflect the current exchange rate.
I see that level of intelligence of some of the commenters is already on par at least..
Bit late to the party, but thanks a tonne for finally supporting CAD!
To other Canadians, would it be a benefit to pay Gog.com in Canadian dollars rather than U.S. dollars when I usually pay for Internet purchases which are purchased in U.S. $, except for once in a while it's a Canadian company,Then I pay in Can. $. On my credit card it shows item in U.S. dollars, and converts it to Can $ and a small charge for conversion. I don't know how it would work on buying from Gog.com.
The only problem I have though is that EACH time I visit the GOG site or open Galaxy, it's asking me to switch to CAN$ (local currency). I already set that in the global settings, and clicked "Okay" several times... why does it keep on reminding me?
Sophia: The only problem I have though is that EACH time I visit the GOG site or open Galaxy, it's asking me to switch to CAN$ (local currency). I already set that in the global settings, and clicked "Okay" several times... why does it keep on reminding me?
If you clear your cookies when you close your browser, that's probably what's causing the reset.
Sophia: The only problem I have though is that EACH time I visit the GOG site or open Galaxy, it's asking me to switch to CAN$ (local currency). I already set that in the global settings, and clicked "Okay" several times... why does it keep on reminding me?
HunchBluntley: If you clear your cookies when you close your browser, that's probably what's causing the reset.
Thanks for the reply. I actually don't clear cookies... but... you provided the answer all the same :) I have a few devices and I guess once I had accepted the currency on all, I'm not getting the prompt any longer :D
Sophia, do you think there is a benefit is if you pay Gog in CAD? I am wondering what the benefit is if I paid Gog for any games in CAD or U.S. dollars, so I can figure out if I should pay in CAD next time I buy a game from Gog.
Book728: Sophia, do you think there is a benefit is if you pay Gog in CAD? I am wondering what the benefit is if I paid Gog for any games in CAD or U.S. dollars, so I can figure out if I should pay in CAD next time I buy a game from Gog.
The only benefit I can think of is that we can now finally compare prices with other services like Steam without having to convert to CAN$ first. Also the shock effect of what I really paid for my game is now diminished (unwelcome side effect: it's much easier to say to hubby "it's on sale, look, only $1.99.......................................... *cough* US) ;)
Book728: Sophia, do you think there is a benefit is if you pay Gog in CAD? I am wondering what the benefit is if I paid Gog for any games in CAD or U.S. dollars, so I can figure out if I should pay in CAD next time I buy a game from Gog.
Sophia: The only benefit I can think of is that we can now finally compare prices with other services like Steam without having to convert to CAN$ first. Also the shock effect of what I really paid for my game is now diminished (unwelcome side effect: it's much easier to say to hubby "it's on sale, look, only $1.99.......................................... *cough* US) ;)
I think a more (financially) tangible benefit would be that you avoid paying currency exchange fees via PayPal/credit card by paying CAD from the get-go (rather than CAD converted to USD), which can be around 2.5%.
Post edited May 28, 2016 by expopower
Sophia: The only benefit I can think of is that we can now finally compare prices with other services like Steam without having to convert to CAN$ first. Also the shock effect of what I really paid for my game is now diminished (unwelcome side effect: it's much easier to say to hubby "it's on sale, look, only $1.99.......................................... *cough* US) ;)
expopower: I think a more (financially) tangible benefit would be that you avoid paying currency exchange fees via PayPal/credit card by paying CAD from the get-go (rather than CAD converted to USD), which can be around 2.5%.
Good point Expopower.
Can you please add even CZK? Because our currency is weak and it's robbery for us paying in euros, difference between steam/gog (eur) and Epic (CZK) can be even 150 CZK on 40 eur game, that's difference! I like GOG and DRM free, but I don't want to feed banks when I can buy it on Epic in my currency.
I don't understand why is so big problem add more currencies in time when I can trade online in real time with stocks or gold or whatever. Steam could not add more currencies even after 15 years, gog is here maybe 10 years and still only few currencies, and boom, Epic starts immediately with all currencies, how is that possible? Why Epic can do that and others can't?
I am not fanboy of Epic, their client still needs some improvements, but paying in my currency is big advantage and if steam and others don't want to lose half of the world, they should do something for that, add our currencies is good start. It's really ridiculous when game on steam/gog cost 1750 CZK (after currency transfer), but same game cost 1500 CZK in boxed version in Czech shops. I know you can't satisfy all users on the world from small countries, but how you want to remove piracy when people from countries with lower buying power have to pay even higher prices than people in Germany, UK or USA? Steam don't care because Gabe is fat pig, but you should care, you are different!
I am not crybaby, I can handle another 10% of price, but it's so unfair that I have to pay higher price than people in countries with 3 times higher salaries.
Post edited October 06, 2020 by Pidalin