It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Make your purchases in PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK

Today we are adding six new local currency options to our store. From now on, if you are making purchases from Poland, Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, or Denmark, you will be able to pay in your local currency, i.e. PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK, respectively.

If you live in one of these beautiful countries, you're already able to choose between USD and EUR. Now, you get a third payment option: your local currency. Any store credit you may already have in USD or EUR remains unchanged and can be used for future purchases made in those currencies.
For more information on how our store credit works, check out this <span class="bold">FAQ</span>.

You can easily switch between your currency options using the drop-down menu at the website's footer or by going to Account → Orders & Settings → Account and Locale.

Having more options is always useful and a familiar currency can go a long way towards helping you plan your gaming budget. Now, you can do your DRM-free shopping in eleven currencies : USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, RUB, PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK. Enjoy!
JudasIscariot: It has a github but I seriously recommend playing the Windows version via Wine because the Linux version has serious UI issues....
It's an ASCII-based Roguelike -- they ALL have serious UI issues. :P
Gog just gets better and better. Thanks for this.
Good call guys, I noticed your prices were significantly lower than Steam's at times and it was helping but Steam still stole me for a few titles because they were providing a CAD payment option which gave them the most competitive price, but I expect I'll be choosing GoG much more frequently now.
Also great job patching Shadows of the Empire for modern OS', and making it widescreen because why not
Those, along with Star Trek 25th Anniversary + Judgement Rites, are four things off the GoG wishlist I made on Reddit, the others were the original 1999 The Typing of the Dead, Mechwarrior 2 and Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries
Azhdar: Next currency => Bitcoin
I'd be excited about that! These days I try to buy all my digital goods with that currency (whenever possible), it just seems like a perfect fit.
jiangshanruhua: CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA
ALIPAY ALIPAY ALIPAY ALIPAY ALIPAY ALIPAY
fishbaits: You mean I may finally have a use for that app on my phone?

/faints

;)
NO, My mean is that I hope GOG can open China Market and support Chinese-Yuan web payment tools directly such as Alipay, the largest webpayment tool in China-mainland.
A good idea but for Poland your prices are still too high. They do not take a typical Polish salary into consideration.
A 1:1 conversion EUR - PLN would make your site by far more appealing. As of now even promos are less then attractive. Perhaps for people living in countries where people earn their salaries in EUR or USD these prices are acceptable or even attractive (when compared to STEAM), but not Poles, not till a typical Polish gamer have the opportunity of a buying a game at 1:1 EUR - PLN conversion. Otherwise great site.
Post edited May 06, 2016 by DeathLorathor
DeathLorathor: A good idea but for Poland your prices are still too high. They do not take a typical Polish salary into consideration.
A 1:1 conversion EUR - PLN would make your site by far more appealing. As of now even promos are less then attractive. Perhaps for people living in countries where people earn their salaries in EUR or USD these prices are acceptable or even attractive (when compared to STEAM), but not Poles, not till a typical Polish gamer have the opportunity of a buying a game at 1:1 EUR - PLN conversion. Otherwise great site.
Let's get real though: it's not like we would expect them to actually make a 1:1 EUR-PLN conversion, this is pure make believe. But the PLN prices should be lower, say by 15-20%, that would be fair enough. The only other "poor country" currency we can compare this to would be the Russian ruble but I don't know how much on average the Russians pay on GoG. Things are pretty cool on Steam in that regard: I'm currently in China and the Yuan prices I have to pay here are so low compared to the West it's not even funny (got a bit of shopping fever at some point). I guess GoG ought to follow in that same direction if it ever wants to join the top digital distribution platform club.
fishbaits: You mean I may finally have a use for that app on my phone?

/faints

;)
jiangshanruhua: NO, My mean is that I hope GOG can open China Market and support Chinese-Yuan web payment tools directly such as Alipay, the largest webpayment tool in China-mainland.
你知不知道GoG.com在中国旅行吗?
Post edited May 06, 2016 by Jaro7788
Well a good addition, but still a lot of work must be done with pricing in different currencies and regions.

"Fair Price Package - Because $1 is not €1"
I would also like to see Bitcoin Support. GOG is literally the only one of the big PC games marketplaces that don't has support for it.

Microsoft, Steam, Green Man Gaming, Itch.io, HumbleBundle, Kinguin, G2A and 5 others support it now.
Post edited May 06, 2016 by AvatarX001
DeathLorathor: A 1:1 conversion EUR - PLN would make your site by far more appealing.
But why limit yourself? I say a 6EUR : 1PLN conversion would be even more appealing. One arbitrary exchange rate is as good as another.

Regional pricing was never an issue for me in general: if I think something is worth the price that's asked for it I buy it. Without looking at what others pay. But GOG.com (or rather Good Old Games) did make a point of no regional pricing. It was there together with DRM-free and 30-day-money-back guarantee. I remember those promotional videos where they decried the evil of regional pricing on other stores. And back then when the dollar was weak it brought them lots of supporters. So while I don't feel strongly about regional pricing per se, I feel strongly about keeping your word. You promise something: you keep it. Even when conditions are no longer favourable.

But now that the whole thing went to hell with introduction of Russian prices, I couldn't care less. So honestly: good luck. May you get whatever prices you want. There is no reason why only Russia should be favoured.
Post edited May 06, 2016 by ZFR
gamesfreak64: why do so many EU countries still have their own currency?
JudasIscariot: Because they can set their own fiscal policies rather than relying on Brussels :) There are quite a number of reasons but I know I heard that fiscal policy was one of them :)
I can't speak for other countries - geopolitics is not my forte - but Switzerland is simply not part of the EU. :) It's a European country geographically speaking, but not part of the European Union or the Euro Zone. Hence, the CHF is still in use.
That's awesome, thanks for that! :D
Lodium: Wow, its so weird seeing the local currency here on the store
Im so used to dollars now.
eiii: Did you really get dollar prices as the default in Norway even after the Euro has been introduced on GOG?

That makes me ask even more why we have been bothered with Euros as the default here in Switzerland. Do the (American?) designers on GOG really know so few about Europe that they have put Switzerland into the Euro zone?
Yes, i coud choose between Dollar, Euro and Norwegian kr once the local currency had been implemented.
Had to switch manually from dollar to get the norwegian kroner though.
The only reason i can think of why euro or dollar is default is because of the status as world currency Euro and Dollar have in many contrys.
Post edited May 06, 2016 by Lodium
eiii: Did you really get dollar prices as the default in Norway even after the Euro has been introduced on GOG?

That makes me ask even more why we have been bothered with Euros as the default here in Switzerland. Do the (American?) designers on GOG really know so few about Europe that they have put Switzerland into the Euro zone?
Lodium: Yes, i coud choose between Dollar, Euro and Norwegian kr once the local currency had been implemented.
Had to switch manually from dollar to get the norwegian kroner though.
The only reason i can think of why euro or dollar is default is because of the status as world currency Euro and Dollar have in many contrys.
But had you been using EUR or USD here before NOK was added? I think that gets to the heart of what he's asking.

And by the way, people, my question here was genuine, not rhetorical. : )
Post edited May 06, 2016 by HunchBluntley
HunchBluntley: And by the way, people, my question here was genuine, not rhetorical. : )
We can't pay in Euros, no. Up until now our only option was to pay in USD. I'm curious if any games will now get the awful regional pricing that Canadians have to deal with on Steam...