It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Make your purchases in PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK

Today we are adding six new local currency options to our store. From now on, if you are making purchases from Poland, Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, or Denmark, you will be able to pay in your local currency, i.e. PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK, respectively.

If you live in one of these beautiful countries, you're already able to choose between USD and EUR. Now, you get a third payment option: your local currency. Any store credit you may already have in USD or EUR remains unchanged and can be used for future purchases made in those currencies.
For more information on how our store credit works, check out this <span class="bold">FAQ</span>.

You can easily switch between your currency options using the drop-down menu at the website's footer or by going to Account → Orders & Settings → Account and Locale.

Having more options is always useful and a familiar currency can go a long way towards helping you plan your gaming budget. Now, you can do your DRM-free shopping in eleven currencies : USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, RUB, PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK. Enjoy!
Trilarion: Nice. I like more choice but I also think that "a familiar currency can go a long way towards helping you plan your gaming budget" isn't really that helpful. The amount you have to pay doesn't really change just because you use a different currency. So I guess the planning might be a bit easier but the outcome is the same amount of games you can buy as before unfortunately.
JudasIscariot: Because they can set their own fiscal policies rather than relying on Brussels :) There are quite a number of reasons but I know I heard that fiscal policy was one of them :)
Trilarion: That's an advantage but there are also disadvantages like higher volatility which are risks for investors, the need to convert, more difficult accounting (CDP for example displays it's earnings in the quarterly reports always in PLN and in EUR). In the end it's probably more of a political decision for some (kind of keeping the exit route open).

And for example in Danmark: they voted against the introduction of the euro but also follow strictly a fixed conversion rate to the euro. So no different fiscal policy but just different coins (with nice little holes in the center (or was that Norway)).
aha so more countries were neglected eventhough they said no to certain changes :D
welcome to the club, we dutch are being neglected since the birth of the EU , we had a little line in to help us remind when the euro would be in our wallets:

1 januari 2002 de euro in uw portemonnee
they distributed some example coins, on that date it was the start of the beginning of the end of things as we knew it.
i guess :D
PLN currency, yay! ^^

So...polish version of gog.com next?
你们会不会添加中国人民币?

Joking. :) If you guys were to invite the Chinese Yuan to the party, as Steam did not long ago, I wouldn't have the least bit of a problem.
Thanks GOG! Darn, store credit doesn't seem to transfer across currencies though, so I'll have to use USD for a little while longer... *grmbl grmbl*
Poor mrkgnao... I have a sneaking suspicion things are about to get messy in there:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/page57
Post edited May 06, 2016 by Lemon_Curry
Nice, finally I'm not getting bothered with Euros as the default anymore. :P

But first I have to check if I really pay less when I use francs instead of dollars or if your exchange rate eats up even more than I have to pay as exchange fee.
Let me start by saying thank you GOG for adding the CAD$ currency and other currencies for all the other regions. It is nice when people have choices on how they want to pay. I have been with you since beta, purchased a number of games from you, but not being able to pay in CAD was the main reason I have not purchased anything from you in quite some time.

While you have added CAD$, unfortunately I still will not be purchasing anything from you as your prices converted to CAD$ are too high. I had a quick look at a few of your offerings and compared them to Steam and Steam has the better converted price. For example:

Banner Saga 2 Deluxe
GOG - $31.49 Steam - $27.99

Kathy Rain
GOG $18.89 Steam - $16.99

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
GOG - $25.29 Steam - $21.99

Witcher 3
GOG - $62.89 Steam - $59.99

Cornerstone: The Song of Tyyrim

I am sure if I checked other tiles they would be much the same. Looks like I will continue to look at your titles here, check Steam, see a lower price and purchase there.

While I applaud your approach to gaming by offering DRM-free games, I would rather take the savings where I can. If you by chance offer a better price or provide a better conversion rate I will gladly return to making my purchases here.
GOG.com: Make your purchases in PLN, CAD, CHF, NOK, SEK, or DKK
Just a minor thing the Swedish currency is generally added at the end of the price instead of in front of it, currently it says "kr 235.00" like with USD's instead of "233,00 kr" like with Euros (also, currency in Sweden is often just written as ;- instead of kr or SEK, but that may be overdoing it).
Thanks for CAD, gog.

we're not a usual market for local currency, though.

I'll be watching for the currency BS.
anon_amos: Let me start by saying thank you GOG for adding the CAD$ currency and other currencies for all the other regions. It is nice when people have choices on how they want to pay. I have been with you since beta, purchased a number of games from you, but not being able to pay in CAD was the main reason I have not purchased anything from you in quite some time.

While you have added CAD$, unfortunately I still will not be purchasing anything from you as your prices converted to CAD$ are too high. I had a quick look at a few of your offerings and compared them to Steam and Steam has the better converted price. For example:

Banner Saga 2 Deluxe
GOG - $31.49 Steam - $27.99

Kathy Rain
GOG $18.89 Steam - $16.99

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

Witcher 3
GOG - $62.89 Steam - $59.99

Cornerstone: The Song of Tyyrim

I am sure if I checked other tiles they would be much the same. Looks like I will continue to look at your titles here, check Steam, see a lower price and purchase there.

While I applaud your approach to gaming by offering DRM-free games, I would rather take the savings where I can. If you by chance offer a better price or provide a better conversion rate I will gladly return to making my purchases here.
you'd get witcher 3 on steam for the sake of less than $3?

when the USD price converted is around $64?
Post edited May 06, 2016 by johnnygoging
Shouldn't the currency symbol for Switzerland use a big "F" instead of the small one or alternatively use the "CHF" you already use in the menu?
eiii: Shouldn't the currency symbol for Switzerland use a big "F" instead of the small one or alternatively use the "CHF" you already use in the menu?
Have to agree with that. Looks quite strange at the moment. But well, they also write Switzerland with a lower character on the checkout page in the small print instead of using an uppercase "S". Seems like they are fond of using small characters.
Makes me curious if the the thing on the checkout page is also the case of other countries.
JudasIscariot: Polish currency is only available while you're located in Poland so if you are in the U.S. then you won't see the PLN option.
Please keep the dollar prices available as an option for everyone also in the future, regardless of how many currencies you support.
No Philippine Peso? hehe
Lodium: Wow, its so weird seeing the local currency here on the store
Im so used to dollars now.
Did you really get dollar prices as the default in Norway even after the Euro has been introduced on GOG?

That makes me ask even more why we have been bothered with Euros as the default here in Switzerland. Do the (American?) designers on GOG really know so few about Europe that they have put Switzerland into the Euro zone?
Post edited May 06, 2016 by eiii
I'm happy to see the option to pay in Loonies. Good times, eh?