It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A story grows (or wins) in the telling.

Gather around, wanderers, it is time. Time to share your tales with the world. Everyone has at least one or more to tell, so don't be shy. If you pour your heart into it or touch someone's heart with it, a GeForce GTX 1070 and a copy of Where the Water Tastes Like Wine might become yours!

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine, a narrative-driven game about harvesting tales from all across America, is a testament to the life-changing properties of storytelling. Now the fine people behind it have agreed to read and evaluate the short stories of the GOG community, before picking a winner who shall be awarded the new shiny GTX 1070, plus a GOG copy of the game.

The rules are simple: just use this thread to post your short story (in English) until March 9, 11PM UTC. There is no specific theme, genre, or character limit, but please keep the stories at a reasonable length and their content aligned with our forum posting guidelines.

So what are you waiting for? Those stories are not going to write themselves you know! Or are they...

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is now available for purchase on GOG.com.
ZEO! YOU DA MAN!
Well done Zeo, congratulations.
congrats zeo. I am proud of you.
Great story - congrats zeo!

Thanks for the nice contest, GOG & devs. It's been fun reading these stories. Cannot help but wonder if we'll be seeing a few of these crop up in a "Where the Water Tastes Like ... Whiskey" (sequel)?
congrats to the puzzlemaster! i would have liked some honourable mentions to read the top stories.
Sunuvagun. I didn't think I'd actually win.
Big thanks to GOG and the "Where the Water Tastes Like Wine" devs for hosting this and choosing me! I feel honored!
WAIT WAIT WAIT

I have reason to believe that zeo's story was actually written by Sir Francis Bacon.
tinyE: WAIT WAIT WAIT

I have reason to believe that zeo's story was actually written by Sir Francis Bacon.
Well, yeah. That goes without saying.

I don't think that should disqualify him, though.