It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

http://steamcommunity.com/games/233130/announcements/detail/168097436241913123

Will this patch be applied to the GOG release?
Shadow Warrior has a new update that brings the game up to version 1.5.0. Patches and updates are generally not a big deal, but this one happens to be: it adds DirectX 11 based graphics support, SSAO, Mirror Effects, 64-bit optimization and a host of other features to the game.

Is a 5 gig patch.
Nightmarekiller: Shadow Warrior has a new update that brings the game up to version 1.5.0. Patches and updates are generally not a big deal, but this one happens to be: it adds DirectX 11 based graphics support, SSAO, Mirror Effects, 64-bit optimization and a host of other features to the game.

Is a 5 gig patch.
Check some reactions. The visuals are downgraded, the bloom is off the charts and definitely not an improvement.

"Shadow Warrior Patch Notes:

Shadow Warrior 1.5.0
- Available for Windows Vista/7/8 and above.
- Added Mac OS X and Linux support.
- Added additional bossfights with Zilla in chapters 13 and 16.
- Added ingame artbook.
- Added DirectX 11 based graphics.
- Added optimization for 32 & 64-bit build.
- Added optimization for SSAO.
- Added optimization for Mirror Effects.
- Fixed many gameplay bugs and minor level bugs.
- Fixed minor bugs for pad controls.
- Fixed minor localization bugs.
- Fixed rare crash when using alt-tab.
- Fixed rare Gozu crash.
- Fixed saving weapon fx's when using non standard katana.

Please note that version 1.5 is not available for Windows XP.

If you have already completed the game - In Shadow Warrior 1.5.0 only the initial save for each level will be available.
All your stats and upgrades will remain the same in the saves, but all your quicksaves and checkpoint saves will become unavailable.

We are sorry for the inconvenience but this was the only way to introduce gameplay changes."

So, no, not so great.
The patch hasn’t been without it’s share of hostility, however, as people have equated far better performance and a difference in graphics with a downgrade. The differences, of course, are due to the change from DX9 to DX11. it handles a lot of the effects differently, and they’ll probably look a bit different as well. One user even made the conclusion that because they can now play at 4K without frame drops, that it can’t possibly be due to optimizations alone.

Flying Wild Hog has responded to those claims by saying that the SSAO and shadow filtering algorithms were completely re-written in DX11. Lighting, too, was changed due to making the jump to DX11. Thankfully, KriS, one of the developers on the DX11 version was able to explain the graphical differences and why the massive performance increase is seen.

I was doing programming for DX11 Shadow Warrior version.

1. Foliage. We did replace foliage (grass, junk etc.) placement algorithm, so it distributed a bit differently now. Just as previously, foliage is placed randomly, so in some places it can be a bit less or more dense in DX11 version. We didn’t decrease the draw distance nor average foliage density.

2. Lighting. All lighting changes were made by our graphic artists, who decided to improve looks of this game by tweaking lighting and post processing.

3. Shadows. Shadow filtering algorithm was improved, so now shadows have less jaggies and look better. It’s mostly visible when you compare tree shadows from the beginning of the game.

4. SSAO. SSAO was totally rewritten. DX9 version had a lot of awful SSAO artifacts (especially in motion), which now are gone. Additionally it was tweaked to be softer and more realistic.

5. Performance. Performance is much better, because we got a bunch of new engine programmers who have totally rewritten the entire engine. It took us more than a year, to do that. Because of the sheer magnitude of changes we have introduced there will be inevitably some differences between versions, but we didn’t cut anything, we just worked really hard for a long time just to squeeze every cycle we could.
The lightning is too bloomy. Reminds me of EA's Syndicate shooter. That bad. Also removal of certain antialiasing options like FSAA.

Before:

cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/711903286860933595/5E540EEA30AA4FC8B4CAE6BDAF3F54A09471E3AC/

After:

cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/710781191342003638/0203F4DF0403084CC5A1CF3ACF0E84FA24EDCE53/
Post edited April 14, 2015 by wolfsrain
wolfsrain: The lightning is too bloomy. Reminds me of EA's Syndicate shooter. That bad. Also removal of certain antialiasing options like FSAA.

Before:
http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/711903286860933595/5E540EEA30AA4FC8B4CAE6BDAF3F54A09471E3AC/

After:
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/710781191342003638/0203F4DF0403084CC5A1CF3ACF0E84FA24EDCE53/
Uhm 404 on both links for me...
Post edited April 14, 2015 by ElTerprise
Try without the http
wolfsrain: Try without the http
Thanks. It worked. Is it me or does it look a bit cartoony in the "after" screenshot (The tree - but maybe it's just the brightness...)
It's the new lightning. And yes is the kind that affects people in extensive playing.
wolfsrain: It's the new lightning. And yes is the kind that affects people in extensive playing.
It just looks a bit weird at least for me... (I haven't played the game yet but definitely want to)

In that case the patch may not be the best thing. Same goes for the quicksave thing....the linux port though....
I just hope they will tweak the graphics a bit more. I got the same nauseous sensation while playing the PC version of Enslaved recently, until i tweaked the ini files. Not sure if we can do this in SW.
wolfsrain: The lightning is too bloomy. Reminds me of EA's Syndicate shooter. That bad. Also removal of certain antialiasing options like FSAA.

Before:
cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/711903286860933595/5E540EEA30AA4FC8B4CAE6BDAF3F54A09471E3AC/
After:
cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/710781191342003638/0203F4DF0403084CC5A1CF3ACF0E84FA24EDCE53/
I haven't tried the game yet, but I indeed prefer the first image.
However, the difference isn't that extreme.. is it maybe more noticeable in other places?
As long as the publisher allows any development or support for the team fixing a game it may as well be put even onto Origin.....if it was destined to an eternal circle jerk of shitty buseness practices and DRM..

Before:

After:

The after is a bit better when they tone down the lightning. It's just too bright. Is there a setting to make it a bit darker?
That's what i'm looking for. I always keep my games free of bloom, overlightning and motion blur, as those thing always end up making me sick in a rather short time. Kind of light sensitive, so i need to turn off or tone down the things that are making me sick.