It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have been playing Settlers II Gold Edition without problems, until today.
The game launcher offered a dos menu that it never showed before, and up to here no problem, I just went for option 1 (Launch Settlers), but the resolution (1024x768) appear compressed horizontally, as if it was 4x3.
Tried changing it, setting it back, changed monitor ratio, changed resolution from the dos setup, nothing worked.
Then I saw that today the game has been updated, just to add Polish language.

Well, it changed something else too, as now the resolution is screwed up. And the dos menu was not present before.

Could you please revert the game to previous version and add the Polish support upgrade when is it sure it doesn't affect the resolution?

Thank you
I don't know about this problem, BUT 1024x768 IS a 4:3 resolution, so it's not clear what graphical issue you're seeing exactly.
Post edited July 08, 2019 by phaolo
I mean, it looks compressed horizontally, with large black bands on the sides, and it doesn't go fullscreen.
But now you made me think it may actually be the correct ratio...

Why I always see it stretched to fit the screen in every other videogame?
I got used to see it that way.
phaolo: I don't know about this problem, BUT 1024x768 IS a 4:3 resolution, so it's not clear what graphical issue you're seeing exactly.
MrZ-Zero: I mean, it looks compressed horizontally, with large black bands on the sides, and it doesn't go fullscreen.
But now you made me think it may actually be the correct ratio...

Why I always see it stretched to fit the screen in every other videogame?
It probably is. Black bars aren't ideal, but still better than horrible stretched graphic IMO.
Anyway, you could try to change that behaviour in the game's Dosbox config.
Post edited July 08, 2019 by phaolo
MrZ-Zero: Why I always see it stretched to fit the screen in every other videogame?
You stop seeing the black bars after a short time, and as noted it's better than ridiculous stretching. However there is a widescreen mod that you can try.
The main differences I notice, are that
fullresolution=original
has been changed to
fullresolution=desktop

and
aspect=false
to
aspect=true

in dosboxSettlers2.conf
So maybe change those back for the original behavior

(and maybe see which of the two is the one you dislike)
Post edited July 09, 2019 by Qbix
I remember years ago before Steam and GOG era I played Settler II and stumbled upon one of the silliest bug/glitch ever. If I remember it right it's gold smelter rather than producing gold it produced meat. I was flabbergasted at first then having a good laugh.

"Ah yes sir as an alchemist I'm trying to create gold, but I accidentally found a way to create bacon from gold!"