It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hey there, everyone.

Do you hate the holidays?
Does forced good cheer make you throw up in your mouth a little?
Are you sick and tired of getting people every little thing they say they want?
Are you willing to spend a little money in the name of making someone suffer, so you can have a playfully mean giggle at someone else's pain?

If so, then I offer an alternative - Secret Satan!

The general idea is similar to that of a Secret Santa, only rather than people saying what they want, I'd like to see people present the games they would like the least.

Anything that makes you cringe, causes annoyance, maybe a headache, preferably large amounts of anger and unhappiness, that's what you should post, along with why said games are so unpalatable to you.
(5 games or so should be sufficient, just to provide a range for potential purchases.)

I know what you might be thinking right now, "But, Carrion, what's the point of spending money if the person's not going to play them?"
Well, that's where the second part of the process kicks in. After items are passed around, I would ask that you take the opportunity to gently....browbeat....or guilt trip, rather...mentally abuse seems like such a strong term...your recipient into playing them.

Feel free to mention the cost of the items, that you could have spent that money on someone more appreciative but chose to spend it on their bitchy ass instead, how stupid and tasteless a person must be to think that whatever game is actually bad, and how wrong they are in general. Maybe mention that a dead loved one used to play it with you all the time, and as such their dislike of a title is a personal insult to your good memories. Whatever works.

There's still another GOG sale coming, I'm sure. So that puts a completion date up in the air a bit. After all, why buy bad games at full price when you can bombard someone with more items while they're cheap.
As such, will put this up for now, see how the turnout goes, then put down a completion date when the second sale ends. (Whenever that is.)

Additional - If you wish to inflict and receive pain in return, please state I'm in.
Should have mentioned that earlier. Whoops.

After all lists are posted, I will randomly match up people and pass that info along on the 7th.

Figuring codes can be passed here up until the 24th, just in time for me to make sure everyone gets a dose of unpleasantness under their tree for the day after.

Update - Times moved up so participants have more time to shop.

To recap -
Post here saying I'm in.
Post your least wanted list in the thread by December 6th.
Secret Satan matchup info will be completed and sent to all participants on the 7th.
Pass codes here by the 24th.
All codes will be passed out on the 25th.

(Hopefully that makes sense. Haven't done one of these before, winging it a bit.)

And now, let the suffering commence! >=)

Current list of sadomasochists -

CarrionCrow
Crewdroog
Dessimu
mkrgnao
Yezemin
Post edited December 05, 2015 by CarrionCrow
LOL

I am so IN. Give me a bit to make a list of hate.

Edit: I am not putting down a list b/c gnostic, the evil, has given me a game that will take me a century to get through
Post edited November 27, 2015 by Crewdroog
This should be good because every time someone posts something that sucks an army of fans for that game are going to descend into here. :P
tinyE: This should be good because every time someone posts something that sucks an army of fans for that game are going to descend into here. :P
Gods willing. ;)
tinyE: This should be good because every time someone posts something that sucks an army of fans for that game are going to descend into here. :P
CarrionCrow: Gods willing. ;)
Well unlike that asshat gamersgate thread, the arguments in here should be fun. I can't wait to get into it. :P
the only reason why i'm in. and i'm gonna be a brutal asshole about it too (not that im ever not...)
For me the Fallout series ends with part 2. Screw Bethesda! I heard Fallout 4 doesn't even have a skill system, what kind of Fallout game is that!? I will never ever play this game! Don't you dare gift it to me! :P

Seriously, what would keep Satan's sneaky disciples from presenting outright lies about their most despised games just to get what they secretly crave? ;)

And why would anyone agree to participate in a giveaway of games they really despise, unless they're secretly less close-minded than they claim and think they might actually end up enjoying the games? Not to mention that anyone participating in a Secret Satan event wouldn't be very credible as moral authority when trying to guilt-trip others ... :D
Post edited November 26, 2015 by Leroux
There I was wondering whatever happened to the rest of the posts from the Secret Santa 2015 thread.
Leroux: For me the Fallout series ends with part 2. Screw Bethesda! I heard Fallout 4 doesn't even have a skill system, what kind of Fallout game is that!? I will never ever play this game! Don't you dare gift it to me! :P

Seriously, what would keep Satan's sneaky disciples from presenting outright lies about their most despised games just to get what they secretly crave? ;)

And why would anyone agree to participate in a giveaway of games they really despise, unless they're secretly less close-minded than they claim and think they might actually end up enjoying the games? Not to mention that anyone participating in a Secret Satan event wouldn't be very credible as moral authority when trying to guilt-trip others ... :D
for me it is more genre, like turn-based and strategy. there are so many games i'd love to try, but i see the "turn based" and go no, screw that.

Also, i'm a masochistic crazy person :)
Oh dearie me.

Such wonderful pleasures you offer.
Ooh no I believe I'll sit this one out. The thought of being gifted a soccer game scares me. The damned sport bores the living daylights out of me, almost as much as cricket.
j0ekerr: Oh dearie me.

Such wonderful pleasures you offer.
Im really pissed that the wife in the first movie didnt die in a more painful way. :`(
Leroux: For me the Fallout series ends with part 2. Screw Bethesda! I heard Fallout 4 doesn't even have a skill system, what kind of Fallout game is that!? I will never ever play this game! Don't you dare gift it to me! :P

It all comes down to how much the person's willing to play, and how honestly they're willing to play it.
Someone can always lie, but isn't that the case for pretty much all interaction?

As for that willingness to get things you despise....well, I've got more than a few of those very items in my library.
tinyE: Well unlike that asshat gamersgate thread, the arguments in here should be fun. I can't wait to get into it. :P
Waiting to see someone talk massive shit about the Commandos series now...
Post edited November 26, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Not in but +1

I'm not risking adding MoO3 or HoMM4 to my library .
This is great. Something to look forward to on how much pain some games might really make. Like Leroux mentioned, it is possible to fool yourself into thinking "I hate the game" while secretly wishing to at least give it a try. After all, this thread is evil, so anything could happen.

Anyway, lets try to be honest one last time. I am definitely in! Though I shall edit this post later with them five games that honestly give me creeps, disgust or are just too darn stupid. As usually I take games seriously. I can watch a stupid video, but can't play an abomination. And most likely those games will be either simulation or strategy. I know for sure I may enjoy any rpg or adventure, I may give it a try for a shooter or racing games, but to play simulation or strategy ones... Least likely.

All in all, great idea! You are so full of evil...

That edit I promised about... So I did a very honest work in checking through games that give me worst feelings. Came up with 4 of 'em, just couldn't continue anymore.

- Democracy 3. I am not a fan of politics. I am not a fan of social goodness of the country. There is nothing in this game that gives me any joy or interest. But the worst part is that all those boring things are put in here like they were special. Diagrams, things like that? Just looking at the screenshots makes me feel like I am under a boot in some dusty, faul smelling office, full of mindless sick office workers. If I continue any further, I shall become some crazy extremist.

- Tropico Reloaded. Another politics related game. Blah!.. Politics have no spirit. I want the least part in it. War theme in some tropical island is not for my liking. Some dudes with guns in place, supposed to be for pleasure, just doesn't add up for me. And those guys on nearly every other Tropico game front are for some reason making me sick and angry.

- Locomotion, Chris Sawyer's. Other than the last name "Sawyer", reminding me of a great writer, there is nothing beautiful, nothing eye-catching, nothing fulfilling in this game. As I understand, I am supposed to run some train business? I would do a better job of reading on Google what the train is. Then I might get an idea on how to make money. Get a job? Become a millionaire, then buy and sell trains? That is something real. This game is not.

- Lula: The Sexy Empire. What kind of abomination is this? I mean, if you had to had sex with a game, this one would give you AIDS, HIV and then you would die before feeling any physical pleasure. What is the point in playing such a game? I'm sorry, but "DRM FREE PR0N" is just way too stupid for me to even want to try this.

There you go, my torturing list for Christmas. I am already regretting to be in this. But if I quit now, it shall be a sign of cowardise. So I stand my ground with some painkillers.
Post edited November 28, 2015 by Dessimu