It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall:
JoeSapphire: oh man I was sure you were my final fascist!

Sorry guys.

ZFR you came so close I was really hoping you'd pull it back at the last moment.

We were lucky with cards and placement. I think gamerager did a great job - I was surprised to discover he was fascist in the investigation. I spent the whole game dreading I'd have to fake conflict with someone so I wimped out on a couple of chances, but then the cards played out in our favour.

Should have listened to scene guys! :)
I would have been much more likely if he would make a cogent argument. He provided a lot of cover to get you elected as the 2nd government. And as the game progressed, he made himself look so Fascist, I wanted to do the opposite of anything he wanted to do. I'm shocked GameRager didn't conflict the 3rd government. He really should have, but that misstep made me worry he was your Hitler, not the other way around.

Joe, I thought you had a good chance to be a regular Fascist, it just wasn't likely you were Hitler.
Post edited January 28, 2020 by RWarehall
gogtrial34987: Hurray! Captain Sapphire for the win!
JoeSapphire: Little bro!

Did you know all along?
You were in my remaining pool of suspects, but not with any confidence, alas. The only ones whose alignment I was "certain" of were scene, ZFR, RW and Lift. And I was wrong about RW.
RWarehall: I'm shocked GameRager didn't conflict the 3rd government. He really should have, but that misstep made me worry he was your Hitler, not the other way around.

Joe, I thought you had a good chance to be a regular Fascist, it just wasn't likely you were Hitler.
Gamerager done good! And as I say, we were lucky :)

JoeSapphire: Little bro!

Did you know all along?
gogtrial34987: You were in my remaining pool of suspects, but not with any confidence, alas. The only ones whose alignment I was "certain" of were scene, ZFR, RW and Lift. And I was wrong about RW.
Ah I am disappointed. I think I left a LOT of clues that I was not liberal Joe.

JoeSapphire: Probably I should be panicking right now... Maybe I should start?

...aah seems like effort though
^Eg. Joe deciding NOT to panic? Whaaaaat??
gogtrial34987: You were in my remaining pool of suspects, but not with any confidence, alas. The only ones whose alignment I was "certain" of were scene, ZFR, RW and Lift. And I was wrong about RW.
why didn't you take part in this game?

congrats to the scum, apologies to Scene for doubting him.

At least i was kinda right for a while about Lift. Pity ZFR noticed that Joe hadn't waited for ZFR to announce the draw, or i woulda voted & argued against him.

the sad thing is Scene saw it clearer than any of us, even if the math-wiz said his numbers were wrong--so none of us believed him.

Joe, idk you hoodwink me, and i find it hard to recall L!past- from F!past- performances. I honestly thought Scene was F coaching his newish scumbuddies at risk of blowing his own cover.
Post edited January 28, 2020 by Microfish_1
JoeSapphire: oh man I was sure you were my final fascist!
But GR told you it was me, after you investigated him. He said something like 'I think lift is as liberal as I am' ;-)

Yay! We won. You were right, we should listen to you, when we are in the same faction. :-)

@Scene: thank you for helping us win. ;-)
If you want, I can give you a few hints for this kind of non-meta games. Now that it's game over you may be able to accept my opinion without suspecting an agenda behind it.
...a couple months later.

Released by Grimsby under his pseudonym "Horror Man," the movie called "The War-Torn Village" was received with...let's read a couple of the reviews first.

"It's the worst movie I have ever seen, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it."

"The War-Torn Village has so many plotholes which it addresses by a mere handwave at its end. What a sham."

"Is it a war movie or a superhero movie, make up your mind pls."

"What are visual effects?"

"Eh. I'd rent it for a laugh or two with your best pals."

Mixed reviews. Didn't stop Grimsby from holding an exquisite banquet along with his main actors and even the ones Puzzlemaster brought too, who starred in the final movie as side characters. Chickens, beefs, hams, all kinds of expensive meats.

The movie was playing during the banquet. The village's soldiers fell one by one in front of the enemy soldiers as dramatic music was playing. The tone immediately shifted as Zenefredi and Captain Sapphire appeared on screen, shouting their signature attacks before poorly rendered effects took over the screen. A couple of the soldiers flew off the screen, while the remaining were punched by the heroes as exciting rock music took over.

"We done well, boys." Grimsby cracked open the champagne bottle next to him. "Oh Shadow, champagne is very special. Don't just crack it open randomly."

"I was-"

"Yes, I know you were hungry. We couldn't afford it, right Puzzlemaster?"

"I...I-I-I'm surprised what you managed to do with the budget. Guess you're staying?" Puzzlemaster held his glass of champagne.

"Indeed. If only to keep this studio from collapsing."

"Pffft whatever, the studio almost collapsed cause of you."

"It definitely did." Grimsby said mockingly.

Bookwyrm broke in, followed by Beatrice.

"Huh, you missed out the banquet, Book."

"I got news that may interest you- huh where's my FOOD!?" he rushed over to his plate, which was halfway ravaged by a very hungry Shadow.

"RUMOR SAYS THE HORROR MAN IS THE ACTOR KNOWN AS THE POOKA. NEW FANS ARE EMERGING. YOUR OLD MOVIES ARE BEING DISTRIBUTED BOTH LEGALLY AND ILLEGALLY."

"No no no not this again, not my horror legacy no no nO NOOO"

Fin.
----

Link to the observer thread: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/YGYk5zTTyLn
I will release my monolog- I mean commentary on this game later today. If you're interested in anything I may have related to the game, please reply to this post!
Lifthrasil: snip
For the record, I had you as Fascist from the beginning of the game. Another reason I didn't want to let the game out from the Core 4 because too many people were L reading you. I don't even remember what exactly it was now, but you said something that said to me, scum Lift, I've seen this before.
Lifthrasil: snip
RWarehall: For the record, I had you as Fascist from the beginning of the game. Another reason I didn't want to let the game out from the Core 4 because too many people were L reading you. I don't even remember what exactly it was now, but you said something that said to me, scum Lift, I've seen this before.
Well, if you remember what it was, please let me know. I'd like to improve my game.

But the fact that I was scum read by some was also the reason, why I put myself forward as an alternative to the Joe government. That was intended to make the Joe government look better by comparison. :-D

I got off to a bad start due to that mechanics discussion with scene. I got too emotional there which at least he read as scummy. Even though that was the one thing where I didn't argue with a scummy agenda but meant what I said. From pure benefit view, I should have supported scenes stupid meta game. The meta here proposed was centred on Joe, which would have put Hitler in a very good position. So that meta would have given us a good start... but it would have been so boring! So I argued against it, even though my faction would have benefited from it.
Microfish_1: why didn't you take part in this game?
In general I don't have the time to spare for forum games very often, and in particular I'm not a fan of SH.

PookaMustard: Link to the observer thread: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/YGYk5zTTyLn
That's some impressive bragging rights predictions from Joppo!
gogtrial34987: That's some impressive bragging rights predictions from Joppo!
Scary isn't it? Without any interaction with them, he guessed TWO of the scumteam correctly, including who is Hitler. It impressed me to hell. I wonder how he got there.
Lifthrasil: ...
I'm curious, did you point Joe to investigate GR specifically so he could find his fascist buddy? Did you hope he'd connect the dots and figure you were on his side as well?
Post edited January 28, 2020 by PookaMustard
gogtrial34987: That's some impressive bragging rights predictions from Joppo!
PookaMustard: Scary isn't it? Without any interaction with them, he guessed TWO of the scumteam correctly, including who is Hitler. It impressed me to hell. I wonder how he got there.
Lifthrasil: ...
PookaMustard: I'm curious, did you point Joe to investigate GR specifically so he could find his fascist buddy? Did you hope he'd connect the dots and figure you were on his side as well?
A bit, yes. Of course it was risky to connect Hitler to a regular fascist in this way, but I reckoned that the benefits outweighed the risks. Falsely soft- clearing both our agents within that 'less hands on the deck' group was going to be helpful.

And yes, Joppo was impressive. He should definitely play with us!
Well, congratulations to the winners.
Were there any L's actually discarded? Like GameRager in the 5th government or Joe?
RWarehall: Were there any L's actually discarded? Like GameRager in the 5th government or Joe?
Governments 9 and 10 had both presidents drop Ls (both of them drew FFL). The final F-passing government was the only one to actually draw FFF.

EDIT: Wait a minute that's wrong, let me look at the data again.
EDIT 2: Disregard above edit, I thought both governments were on the first deck.
Post edited January 28, 2020 by PookaMustard
So top decking would have worked at the end of the 1st shuffle, at worst if the L was the 3rd card, Joe would have had to conflict it as Hitler. If only it weren't so painful to cycle through 7 governments to get to an 8th to vote on...

I know what you meant, governments 5 and 6...
Post edited January 28, 2020 by RWarehall