It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: does that make sense with what I think about zfr's character? Maybe the last bit is a little fanciful.

hum...
All I know right now is that pancakes are nice when fresh.....I ate some for lunch awhile back and now i'm getting ready to take a small nap for a few hours.

(Also ZFR seems to want to prevent possible useful info from leaking to fascists....so he is likely a liberal, imo)
=============================================================

supplementscene: Joe could investigate Rager on the event of 3 fascist policies or a conflict.
That'd be fine and then maybe we could continue on with the game and finding the actual hitler.
==============================================================

Going to bed in a few hours or less....will do any needed actions and such when I get back.....have a good one, all. :)
ZFR: I'm not complaining about what you plan to do. I'm complaining about you telling GR that.
supplementscene: Joe could investigate Rager on the event of 3 fascist policies or a conflict. The only downside is if Joe is a fascist who got 2 Liberal policies when he was President and if Rager is Hitler. Also it maybe beneficial for Joe to investigate you for the special election.
Don't you get what I'm saying?

*You. Told. GR. That. He. Will. Be. Not. Frozen (by you at least). Even. If. He. Claimed. FFF*

You told GR he can claim FFF with impunity. After he asked you.

Even if you planned not to freeze him, you shouldn't have told him that!
supplementscene: If ZFR was Fascist and you were Liberal why would he not go into conflict with you and instead play a Liberal policy?
supplementscene: ZFR was forced to play Liberal policy if he was playing with a Liberal. But why would a fascist play Liberal policy by choice with a Liberal in the first place?
*If* I were fascist, and he were Liberal, then I was forced to play Liberal policy when I got LL?
supplementscene: ZFR was forced to play Liberal policy if he was playing with a Liberal. But why would a fascist play Liberal policy by choice with a Liberal in the first place? So the only way ZFR is fascist is if Joe is also fascist or if ZFR is Hitler is another possibility.

Also believe it or not I've played a good few games where 3 fascists were 4 of the players in play and they played all L Policy until they hit 4 Liberal cards on the table. While I'm not sure it's optimal it tends to give them Liberal credit when they start claiming 3 fascist policy cards
Once again within two paragraphs you contradict yourself. First you claim the only way ZFR can be Fascist is if Joe already is (or is Hitler), but then you explain how you have played games where 3 Fascists were among the 4 in play...

How did they do that? By sandbagging at first. I'm not saying it's true, but ZFR, stuck in the Chancellor position guaranteed to be a conflict in government 2, might have sandbagged because there would be zero doubt one of the Fascists is among the two. In the 4th government, when he might have planned to "conveniently" draw 3F, he drew 2L and was forced to pass one to his Liberal partner. And rather than confirm Joe as a Liberal, passing both Ls prevents Joe from becoming much more confirmed.

You seem to be making a lot of demands and trying to do a lot of convincing, but your reasoning is not thorough. The advantage of passing this government and the next rather than skipping is we might get information to go with the 2 Fs if both fail. Especially if one fails with a conflict.

But that's as far as I'm going with it. Should we not just win, we can analyze who might be more likely to be the problem at that point. Both this government, and the next should be given a chance to succeed since all we've done is pass 4 Ls.
supplementscene: While I'm voting for him and he might not be, my prediction is Rager is Hitler. It would explain him voting yes to every single goverment. If he's Hitler he's desperate for a fascist to rescue him. I'd predict his fascist buddies would be within Lift, Microfish, Redfire and Joe. Not aiming to shade anyone, but just some fun predictions, we'll see how far off base I was at the end of the game.
Not it. :P

These doubts cast on ZFR, who is prob L/H but not certainly, are starting to make sense of a ZFR/Scene F duo.

ZFR why object to Scene announcing what he's gonna do? Spell it out please. in detail.

Also, pancakes sound good.

Hypothesize please on the possibility that Pooka's bot messed up and everyone is L?
GameRager: What bothers you about that? The seeming exception he made or something else? Just asking before I make my pick in about 20 or so minutes.
ZFR: He told a player that if he's F he can lie about getting FFF with impunity.
I agree. That kind of reads like coaching... 'come on, you can play that F! You'll get away with it because there is a decent chance of FFF anyhow.'

Well, at least GR nominated the one he was urged to nominate. But I don't like the way he toyed with (potentially) prolonging the game. Making a bad decision just to drag the game out isn't good team-play. A random nomination would have it's place at the start of the game. Not towards the end, when we actually have data to base our decisions on.
RWarehall: But that's as far as I'm going with it. Should we not just win, we can analyze who might be more likely to be the problem at that point. Both this government, and the next should be given a chance to succeed since all we've done is pass 4 Ls.
Well if my govt succeeds there is a high chance of 3 F cards, and if we topdeck there is(afaik/iirc) a good chance of drawing an F policy.....so either way we'll likely have a F policy passed soon enough.....gotta make sure we don't pass any more after that. though, so we have a good chance to win.

(I hope I got all the above correct, being new and all)
===============================================================

Microfish_1: Also, pancakes sound good.
Mine were good, at least. I used box mix but good brand, and also real butter(not margarine) and actual maple syrup.....fun times & yum yum in me tum. :D

Too bad I cannot ship some yer way or I would. :)

Microfish_1: Hypothesize please on the possibility that Pooka's bot messed up and everyone is L?
I don't think Pooka(who seems to be very careful with stuff) would make that sort of mistake.
===============================================================

Lifthrasil: Well, at least GR nominated the one he was urged to nominate. But I don't like the way he toyed with (potentially) prolonging the game.
I didn't/don't want to make the game overly long....I just want to have fun, as I said before(i.e. I play for fun, as that's what games are for, not mainly to win ;)).

If I win and my team wins it is great, sure, and I try to win....but it is not my priority #1.

Also as for dragging the game out/making it a bit longer.....tbf the lack of posting by some players(this isn't a jab on anyone, btw, just me listing such), slow posting by others, etc has delayed the game more than I ever could or would.

Lifthrasil: Making a bad decision just to drag the game out isn't good team-play.

A random nomination would have it's place at the start of the game. Not towards the end, when we actually have data to base our decisions on.
Fair enough

Note(again) though that I play for fun, not to play it 100% safe...especially not when we have so many L policies on the board. I could see if I did it every time and/or we were close to having many F policies on the board...then it'd be bad, imo.
===========================================================

Now we wait and wait till votes are cast.....

Hey OP....who has yet to vote, if I may ask(wanna see how much longer this might take potentially/etc)?
supplementscene: Joe could investigate Rager on the event of 3 fascist policies or a conflict. The only downside is if Joe is a fascist who got 2 Liberal policies when he was President and if Rager is Hitler. Also it maybe beneficial for Joe to investigate you for the special election.
ZFR: Don't you get what I'm saying?

*You. Told. GR. That. He. Will. Be. Not. Frozen (by you at least). Even. If. He. Claimed. FFF*

You told GR he can claim FFF with impunity. After he asked you.

Even if you planned not to freeze him, you shouldn't have told him that!
At 4 L Policies down it wouldn't make any difference to his play anyway
supplementscene: ZFR was forced to play Liberal policy if he was playing with a Liberal. But why would a fascist play Liberal policy by choice with a Liberal in the first place?
ZFR: *If* I were fascist, and he were Liberal, then I was forced to play Liberal policy when I got LL?
Yes but you weren't forced in the first government

supplementscene: ZFR was forced to play Liberal policy if he was playing with a Liberal. But why would a fascist play Liberal policy by choice with a Liberal in the first place? So the only way ZFR is fascist is if Joe is also fascist or if ZFR is Hitler is another possibility.

Also believe it or not I've played a good few games where 3 fascists were 4 of the players in play and they played all L Policy until they hit 4 Liberal cards on the table. While I'm not sure it's optimal it tends to give them Liberal credit when they start claiming 3 fascist policy cards
RWarehall: Once again within two paragraphs you contradict yourself. First you claim the only way ZFR can be Fascist is if Joe already is (or is Hitler), but then you explain how you have played games where 3 Fascists were among the 4 in play...

How did they do that? By sandbagging at first. I'm not saying it's true, but ZFR, stuck in the Chancellor position guaranteed to be a conflict in government 2, might have sandbagged because there would be zero doubt one of the Fascists is among the two. In the 4th government, when he might have planned to "conveniently" draw 3F, he drew 2L and was forced to pass one to his Liberal partner. And rather than confirm Joe as a Liberal, passing both Ls prevents Joe from becoming much more confirmed.

You seem to be making a lot of demands and trying to do a lot of convincing, but your reasoning is not thorough. The advantage of passing this government and the next rather than skipping is we might get information to go with the 2 Fs if both fail. Especially if one fails with a conflict.

But that's as far as I'm going with it. Should we not just win, we can analyze who might be more likely to be the problem at that point. Both this government, and the next should be given a chance to succeed since all we've done is pass 4 Ls.
Citing a case study is not contradicting yourself. I'm 90% sure ZFR is Lib. In terms of Liberalness I'd go with 1. ZFR 2. RWarehall...........the other 2

Why are you so sure there's a fascist amongst Joe and ZFR though?

Also ZFR giving a choice to Joe would be frowned upon by everyone at secrethitler.io - you're risking 2 Liberal policies being dropped. I know you were annoyed when I didn't give you a choice when we were both Liberal in the last game I played with you. But imagine if you lose 2 Liberal policies, who does that help?

I've already said I want to pass this government. Although the idea of top decking has some merit
ZFR: He told a player that if he's F he can lie about getting FFF with impunity.
Lifthrasil: I agree. That kind of reads like coaching... 'come on, you can play that F! You'll get away with it because there is a decent chance of FFF anyhow.'

Well, at least GR nominated the one he was urged to nominate. But I don't like the way he toyed with (potentially) prolonging the game. Making a bad decision just to drag the game out isn't good team-play. A random nomination would have it's place at the start of the game. Not towards the end, when we actually have data to base our decisions on.
Yes a fascist needs coaching in order not to play the 5th Liberal Policy. How old is this fascist I'm coaching? 1 or 2?

Your shading is blatant here Lift. This isn't Mafia, where you get someone lynched off shade, it's a trust based card game where the liberals are trusting 4 players and your shading a player who isn't in play. You'd have serviced yourself better arguing for more players to be in play.
Beatrice began printing a bunch of papers, 8 in total. She gave one to each member of the cast, before printing one for herself. "PLEASE RAISE YOUR PAPER IN THE AIR LIKE THIS." She held hers with both hands and raised it above her head. It showed nothing. However, the papers given to the cast did show a lot of things.

The government has been accepted!

1. GameRager..................ja!
2. JoeSapphire.................nein
3. RWarehall.....................ja!
4. Lifthrasil........................ja!
5. Microfish.......................ja!
6. ZFR................................ja!
7. trentonlf........................ja!
8. supplementscene........ja!

President GameRager and Chancellor RWarehall are now in office. They are bound to silence until a policy is enacted. The rest of you, STAAAAAAAAAAAAARS, can keep talking.
Lifthrasil: I agree. That kind of reads like coaching... 'come on, you can play that F! You'll get away with it because there is a decent chance of FFF anyhow.'

supplementscene: Yes a fascist needs coaching in order not to play the 5th Liberal Policy. How old is this fascist I'm coaching? 1 or 2?
No, you still don't get it.

He doesn't need coaching on not to play 5th policy, but he might need coaching on what to do if he passes FF to RW.
Should he claim FFF? Should he create a conflict with RW?
You just told him what to do.
Both The Shadow and Darth Roberts were taken to a mayoral office. Just like the rest of the studio, it was cheap, with the desk even dusty. Three pieces of paper laid prominently on top of it. The Shadow took away one of them and passed the other two to Roberts. "Which one's you going to sign?"

"Execute order 33." said Darth Roberts in an serious tone as he signed the one on the left.

"Oh, you chose that one? I was a fan of the other policy!" Protested The Shadow.

"Well if you really wanted it, why did you give me the choice?" Roberts crossed his arms.

"I didn't think of that!" yelling, Shadow stood up.

"Oh really?"

Suddenly, a door slammed in the studio so hard and violently, that the dust went up in the air, hiding the door behind a small fog. Everyone was frozen. This surely must've been Grimsby, surely he must've been upset, no, he must've been enraged! Everyone thought he'd demolish the whole studio with his bare hands. He soon emerged out of the dust. Everyone held their breath.

"MAGNIFICENT!" Grimsby danced over to the two stunned stars, laughing happily along the way. "This is what I wanted in the movie! Conflicts! Not all that crappy superhero jazz."

"You what?" Puzzlemaster emerged from the crowd. "I thought this was a pretty good scene for the villains! I was going to have them yell and kick and punch-"

"LAME!" Grimsby boomed with his voice. "This," he opened his hand in the direction of the office, "is perfect. This is what people want to watch. Not moronic antics."

"Well! I think that's-" Puzzlemaster couldn't continue, for Bookwyrm and Beatrice held his sides. "What's wrong with you two!?"

"DON'T SPOIL THE BIG MAN'S FUN." Beatrice's eyes displayed "HE DID GOOD."

"I enjoyed this bit. He's gonna be a great director." Bookwyrm said.

"Fine. Just wait. I will craft my most impressive superhero act yet, not this fascist stuff. Just wait!" Puzzlemaster tried turning around, forgetting that he was still held by the two. "At least take me to the door instead of standin' around like this!"
----

President GameRager and Chancellor RWarehall have enacted the first fascist policy!
The President has no executive power this turn.

JoeSapphire: ...
JoeSapphire must nominate a Chancellor!

Also, the policy deck has been reshuffled!
Post edited January 21, 2020 by PookaMustard
Well dammit guess what I got handed.....yup. 3 bloody F cards....*grumbles*

Everyone is free to think as they will...in fact it's be good liberal policy by fellow liberals to trust me somewhat less now, and I agree with those that hold that stance.

That said:
================================================

supplementscene: At 4 L Policies down it wouldn't make any difference to his play anyway
True, but he's right to suspect such and me no matter what I say, as is anyone else. Imo it's proper play for our side.

supplementscene: I've already said I want to pass this government. Although the idea of top decking has some merit.
Why did you think this, and now that I had no choice but to pass 2 F along, do you still think we should go the topdeck route?

supplementscene: Your shading is blatant here Lift. This isn't Mafia, where you get someone lynched off shade, it's a trust based card game where the liberals are trusting 4 players and your shading a player who isn't in play. You'd have serviced yourself better arguing for more players to be in play.
I agree it does seem a bit suspicious.....will be watching lift a but more from now on.
================================================

PookaMustard: The government has been accepted!

1. GameRager..................ja!
2. JoeSapphire.................nein
3. RWarehall.....................ja!
4. Lifthrasil........................ja!
5. Microfish.......................ja!
6. ZFR................................ja!
7. trentonlf........................ja!
8. supplementscene........ja!
Hmm so Joe was the only one not to vote for my govt....TRAITOR! He shall be dragged to the roof and shot at onc....I mean hmm, that is odd.

@Joe: Why the nein vote, if I may ask?
==================================================

Also done with all posts till now......if anyone has any questions/eggs to throw at me after the policy pass and to the above replies lemme know.

(Also plz throw no eggs.....I hate the mess you see o.0)

(Pre post edit: Also @OP/Pooka: Great flavor as always)
GameRager: Well dammit guess what I got handed.....yup. 3 bloody F cards....*grumbles*
So, either you followed Scene's instruction on what to claim, or you actually drew 3F.

But whether or not we can trust you again, we'll have to decide when (if) RW nominates you back on his turn. Unless the next government enacts the final L, now that the deck has been reshuffled.

@RW: just a formality, but do you confirm that you got 2F?

supplementscene: Your shading is blatant here Lift. This isn't Mafia, where you get someone lynched off shade, it's a trust based card game where the liberals are trusting 4 players and your shading a player who isn't in play. You'd have serviced yourself better arguing for more players to be in play.
GameRager: I agree it does seem a bit suspicious.....will be watching lift a but more from now on.
Why? ZFR already explained, why it did look like coaching. Did you ignore that? Or are you just going along with Scene? That he doesn't understand what I mean (intentionally or not) doesn't surprise me. He isn't good at understanding what others mean but very good at (intentionally) misunderstanding. But that you go along with him so unquestioningly is either bad play, or a bad sign.

On the plus side, we know now for sure which cards are in the pile. On the minus side, the F cards dominate by far. We have 2L and 10F, if I have counted correctly.
Lifthrasil: So, either you followed Scene's instruction on what to claim, or you actually drew 3F.
People are gonna assume the worst, and tbf I don't fault them.

Lifthrasil: But whether or not we can trust you again, we'll have to decide when (if) RW nominates you back on his turn. Unless the next government enacts the final L, now that the deck has been reshuffled.
If it happens i'll be glad to get tested.

Lifthrasil: Why? ZFR already explained, why it did look like coaching. Did you ignore that? Or are you just going along with Scene?
I am new and playing with a loose idea of the rules/etc and also playing a bit by ear. Also that doesn't mean I suspect you fully just a bit more leaning you towards fascist......still, for now you seem mostly liberal.

Also take note: I think everyone might be fascist unless proven otherwise...so it's not just you I consider partially possibly fascist.

Lifthrasil: But that you go along with him so unquestioningly is either bad play, or a bad sign.
Might be a bit of bad play due to being new and how I play these games.

Lifthrasil: On the plus side, we know now for sure which cards are in the pile. On the minus side, the F cards dominate by far. We have 2L and 10F, if I have counted correctly.
Is that count with or without the L some will likely think I hid?
So we actually have a choice here. We can play Joe and ZFR or RWarehall and ZFR. Who do we trust most to be Liberal? RWarehall and ZFR definitely played Liberal policy by choice. Where as we don't know that for sure with Joe as Joe could have received 2 Liberal policies.

So do we trust RWarehall more than Joe to A) Not drop B) carry out an honest investigation? I think there's a case for that.

The downside of that is if either ZFR/Joe or RWarehall/Rager are a fascist pair and they conflict someone from a Lib pair