It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: Piss on global norms. I start millenniums on xx20 because that's the kind of person I am.
Fair enough and keep on keepin' on....I admire an independent thinker. :)
Hi - sorry I'm away for new year so not much time. I voted and read a bit of what's been going on.

Skipping my presidency is tempting. I'll have to think about it.

ZFR mentioned that working out a system for selecting a president is a good way to make it hard for the fascists to choose Hitler once three policies have been passed. Can we discuss what that would be? (did we do that already and I missed it?)
Beatrice suddenly whirrs into life.

"ALL VOTES HAVE BEEN RECEIVED!" she exclaims in her super robotic voice as she prints a paper. The paper slowly slides out of her chest (she looks like a gray metal human with a fancy patterned dress you'd see the super rich ladies wearing), and ultimately floats down to the ground face up. The paper read as follows:

1. GameRager..................ja!
2. JoeSapphire.................ja!
3. RWarehall.....................ja!
4. Lifthrasil........................ja!
5. Microfish.......................ja!
6. ZFR................................ja!
7. trentonlf........................ja!
8. supplementscene........nein

She pointed with both of her hands towards The Shadow and Darth Roberts. "YOU TWO ARE NEXT FOR THE TEST SCREENINGS."

This government has passed and it is now in office. President GameRager and Chancellor RWarehall are now BOUND TO SILENCE (read: no posting allowed here) until a policy is enacted.

The remaining players may continue talking as usual. Please wait warmly.

OP has been updated.
Post edited January 02, 2020 by PookaMustard
We might need to meld the powers of the doctor's brains in order to combat the anti-matter forces holding him back in the twenty-teens!

(As I recall, except perhaps in The Mind Robber, I never did see Troughton actually play his flute before The Three Doctors)
supplementscene: But ultimately you and Lift talk about the game as a social reads game.
Lifthrasil: Well, at least you understood that part correctly. It is a social reads game and I want to play it as a social reads game. You want to turn it into a 'card and logic' game by imposing additional rules. But I don't want to play it as a 'card and logic' game. We don't play it at the hectic pace of secrethitler.io. We have ample time for discussions and deductions here. Therefore we can play it as social reads game, which I am going to do. You may of course base your votes on some inane, fallacious meta-scheme. No one can stop you. But I won't follow any meta-scheme. And I won't let the excuse 'Meta said so' count, should you 'happen' to repeatedly vote for Fascists. After all, what your meta tells you to do is entirely up to you. So I will hold you accountable for all of your votes and nominations.
It's still a social reads game to an extent. However social reads are actually quite unreliable in game. Many times Liberals seem more fascist or suspect than actual Fascists. So in a meta game 1 player in the game wanted to break meta (only fascists tend to do this when it's pre-agreed play style), didn't fight his cause seemingly at all and didn't sound like he was trying to solve the game. That all made him appear fascist to the table but he wasn't.

Social reads on a forum are also very different to in person or secrethitler.io We just won a game on there when a player slow claimed by about 20 seconds. It was a tell that they were thinking about the claim. You can't get that on a forum. It's much easier to appear Liberal. Confrontational players will often be seen as fascist by the table.

The best fascist tactic is usually to divide and conquor. The best Liberal strategy is to try to figure out who is solving the game and who isn't. There are other good tactics like top decking for Liberals when the deck is a low blue count or top decking as fascist when it is level game. Although that won't be possible in this game because of the fascist/liberal numbers. It maybe this game is unbalanced because it's 5v3 and some gamemakers may have put a fascist policy down to balance the game.
The Puzzlemaster seemed to be happy about the office signing take. "See, Grimsby? That's a scene you were missing out on!"

"Seriously?!" Grimsby said disgustingly. "An office scene? You've got to be kidding me!"

"How many films depict offices and their boredom, eh?"

"They don't have them because they're boring you buffoon! And this is the most boring office scene I've ever withnessed!"

"Well, it don't have to be all guns and explosions!" Puzzlemaster leaned on a wall.

"The Shadow and Darth Roberts are wastes of talent for this scene, they work better with guns and explosions!"

The two of them bickered for hours on end. In the meantime, Bookwyrm attends to the commotion, with a notepad and pencil in his hand. "Judging from what's going on with these two, it's Zeo's kinda thing. Don't ask me. He's super liberal with his directing, you'll get used to it."

"Sorry but Grimsby has a point." Darth Roberts stood up. "An office? It's not even a good one."

Bookwyrm shrugged.

A LIBERAL POLICY HAS BEEN ENACTED!

JoeSapphire: ...
JoeSapphire is now President! He must now pick a Chancellor.

OP will be updated shortly.
What policies did you get?
Choice of Liberal and Fascist.
What's the initial number of policies? I don't want to dig through the rulebook.

8L+11F?
ZFR: What policies did you get?
Do you mean me as well?

I got 2 fascist and a liberal(cards)

ZFR: What's the initial number of policies? I don't want to dig through the rulebook.

8L+11F?
It says 6 liberal and 11 fascist in the PDF
So. If the draw that GR reported is true we have 5L and 9F left.

No big surprises so far. It's the most likely draw. GR tested RW and RW passed L. But I guess even most Fascists would pass an L in the first round and not create conflict so early.

Let's see how things develop further.
Lifthrasil: Let's see how things develop further.
Speaking of this, I wonder when Joe will grace us with his decision(skip or no...and if yes, who his chancellor pick is).
Enforcement of Rule 4 will now resume.
GameRager: Speaking of this, I wonder when Joe will grace us with his decision(skip or no...and if yes, who his chancellor pick is).
he must pick a chancellor, will or no. Regardless of what he wants, he must stand to be voted on, and it is us, the people, who choose whether or nay to support Joe/whoever.

Even if Joe wanted to skip, a majority would have to agree before such a thing could be done.
Microfish_1: he must pick a chancellor, will or no. Regardless of what he wants, he must stand to be voted on, and it is us, the people, who choose whether or nay to support Joe/whoever.

Even if Joe wanted to skip, a majority would have to agree before such a thing could be done.
Some of that I wasn't up to speed on...thanks for that.

That said, though, I wonder when he will get around to picking and who it will be.