It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

anybody know any good probability-calculation puzzles? :)
JoeSapphire: anybody know any good probability-calculation puzzles? :)
ZFR, probably.
Is Mafia always this slow also?
blotunga: Is Mafia always this slow also?
There are typically slow periods in our mafia games (like weekends, when everyone is doing RL things), but I suspect part of what is hurting the pacing here is that there are lots of breaks while waiting for specific players to do things. The nature of Secret Hitler has a lot of short (in RL, anyway) breaks, but being global and asynchronous is going to expand each of those breaks quite a bit since you need to wait for 3 people to each take actions and those actions can't be done in parallel.

Mafia can move a little faster because mainly you just need a majority to vote in order to end a Day phase, which can be done in parallel, while Night phases only last about 48 hours or so anyway. If a specific player is stalled out for a RL day or so, the others can keep going (unless everyone is agreed to wait for the absent person).
I’ve voted, I’ll go watch some more grass grow to pass the time
I voted about 20 hours ago but it still hasn't shown up in the list so... it's possible we've all voted an Zeo is asleep. :P
blotunga: I have no excuse. I was drunk when I posted,

Oh how I know that feeling!
I'm still very tied up at the conference I'm at. I will hardly have time to read or post until Friday evening. But on Saturday look to the east, to my coming.
Lifthrasil: I'm still very tied up at the conference I'm at. I will hardly have time to read or post until Friday evening. But on Saturday look to the east, to my coming.
If you have voted then it's fine with us.

@trent: any progress with that grass? Can we smoke it?
SirPrimalform: I voted about 20 hours ago but it still hasn't shown up in the list so... it's possible we've all voted an Zeo is asleep. :P
New rule: zeo sleeping is not allowed.
ZFR: New rule: zeo sleeping is not allowed.
Zeo-sleeping sounds like a practice engaged in by members of something like Scientology.
The votes are in! The results are as follows.

1. Zenefredi F. Rapoposculous, the Great (ZFR) - NO
2. Tap-Happy Trent (trentolf) - YES
3. Apollo "Prime Form" Jones (SirPrimalform) - YES
4. Grimsby "The Pooka" Mustard (PookaMustard) - YES
5. Liftin' Rasil and the Raisin' Hell Band (Lifthrasil) - YES
6. Supple Scene (supplementscene) - YES
7. The Mighty Blotunga (blotunga) - NO
8. RT-CB (v.3.2) (rtcvb32) - YES
9. Flub. (flubbucket) - YES
10. Captain Sapphire (JoeSapphire) - YES

The government is approved!
The president and chancellor (PookaMustard and Lifthrasil) are now bound to silence until a policy is passed.

Picture machine broke.
Post edited January 25, 2019 by zeogold
Ok, this starts to be confusing as hell.
My fellow liberals, you do realize that it's likely that pooka is scum (someone has to be) and that he probably will discredit Lift? I would've preferred a tested president instead of an unknown.
blotunga: I would've preferred a tested president instead of an unknown.
The testing phase is over, too high a chance for FFL and FFF.

I've given my thoughts and my laid out plan of who i would elect and why.