It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not sure if a normal game of Secret Hitler drags like this, but my interest keeps waning as it’s like watching paint dry or grass grow the pace this game has.

I’ve already said what chancellor selection I would vote yes for, I’ll check back in tomorrow morning to see if anything has changed.

supplementscene: ANDDDDD AAAAAAAAAhhhh we're brought back to earth again. That is a problem. Because 1. It gives fascists free reign to discard cards and 2. we can't really judge anyone off any call. This is a big stinking crapola in our game.
rtcvb32: Which is why if i played as a Fascist I'd be totally liberal until 3L's were down because then figuring out who is who after that would be nearly impossible, then there would be a lot of 3F's drawn; No one would be able to figure out who is lying, and who is telling the truth. And Liberals really would draw 3F's and everyone is an enigma, leaving it more to chance while the Fascist can probably avoid electing each-other making the President/Chancellor pair far more difficult to figure out which is the fascist rather than the pair of them.

Hmmm.... On a side note, this is like PBP roleplaying: It takes FAR TOO LONG!.
What is PBP role playing?

PookaMustard: .............

What do you think of Lift as chancellor?
flubbucket: Likely
Is
Fascist
Though
He
Really
Acts
Sorta
Ironically
Liberal
Is that a long acronym or an acrostic?
Imho SPF isn't cleared, he could still be scum and had a LLF draw. So far I trust Zfr and lift somewhat. Anyway, Pooka, time to nominate a chancellor because as others have said, this is taking far too long.
trentonlf: What is PBP role playing?
Play By Post.

Consider a D&D game, on a forum like this, and you usually wait for each person to post before posting again, and you generally get 1 post in per day. A game i did with a werewolf we did 24 hours in game, and in reality it was a bit over a year.

There were like 3 fights (which did one or two via virtual tabletop to speed things up) but it is so.. so slow.

On the other hand my posts were all novel quality/length, usually 3-4 paragraphs.
Post edited January 23, 2019 by rtcvb32
rtcvb32: On the other hand my posts were all novel quality/length, usually 3-4 paragraphs.
You're given bonus points for writing novel quality/length posts about your prior celebrity occupation. At the end of the game, these points can be redeemed for cookies.
You are currently at -5 bonus points for editing, however. If you are not careful, this will mean that you're legally obligated to buy me a cookie at the end of the game.
MODS: Excuse the edit but I've realized that I've posted what was here before. So think of it as a non-post.
Post edited January 23, 2019 by blotunga
blotunga: MODS: Excuse the edit but I've realized that I've posted what was here before. So think of it as a non-post.
No, it's fine to make a redundant post. It's not cool to edit though, and it sounds like you did that deliberately(?!?).
blotunga: MODS: Excuse the edit but I've realized that I've posted what was here before. So think of it as a non-post.
'¬_¬ ...

In other news, I'm absolutely convinced by flub's poem, and Pookamustard should just elect Trent and probably get voted out. (sorry!)
SirPrimalform: No, it's fine to make a redundant post. It's not cool to edit though, and it sounds like you did that deliberately(?!?).
I did. And it has no game-relevant anything.
zeogold: You are currently at -5 bonus points for editing.
Only edited within a minute of posting as i forgot to add a word or two. I certainly hope that isn't disqualifying.
Anyway, could we please get on with the game? Pooka. could you nominate someone so that we can vote? We are going nowhere at the moment.
rtcvb32: Only edited within a minute of posting as i forgot to add a word or two. I certainly hope that isn't disqualifying.
blotunga: I did. And it has no game-relevant anything.
The reason it's against the rules is because is to prevent someone making a mistake - revealing that they know more information than they should, or accidentally revealing a teammate etc. and covering it up. The reason you never want to edit posts is because once it's been edited there's no way to ever tell whether or not an initial 'slip up' of some kind was made, or not.

For example: It's very tempting to think that Blotunga wrote something that he thought was giving too much information about his scummy role, so he edited it and made vague lies about what the initial post was. Made more compelling by his continued vagueness and his eagerness to move on.

Is there any basis in this? I can never know, because he's edited his post! I have no way of verifying my mistrust.
SirPrimalform: No, it's fine to make a redundant post. It's not cool to edit though, and it sounds like you did that deliberately(?!?).
blotunga: I did. And it has no game-relevant anything.
It's still a big no no. There's no way to verify that you didn't accidentally admit to being Hitler. Given that you deliberately broke the editing rule I bet you owe Zeo a whole sack of cookies.

Also I think you're Hitler.
SirPrimalform: It's still a big no no. There's no way to verify that you didn't accidentally admit to being Hitler. Given that you deliberately broke the editing rule I bet you owe Zeo a whole sack of cookies.

Lol, I'm certainly not Hitler. I was in the last game though. Now I'm just a plain old townie, why would I volunteer to be chancellor/president if I were Hitler?
SirPrimalform: It's still a big no no. There's no way to verify that you didn't accidentally admit to being Hitler. Given that you deliberately broke the editing rule I bet you owe Zeo a whole sack of cookies.

blotunga: Lol, I'm certainly not Hitler. I was in the last game though. Now I'm just a plain old townie, why would I volunteer to be chancellor/president if I were Hitler?
There are no townies in this game. If you were liberal you'd know you weren't a townie. :P
blotunga: why would I volunteer to be chancellor/president if I were that guy?
Well I'm convinced. Thanks for satisfying all my worries.