It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirm L F was passed.
ZFR: Confirm L F was passed.
I can't!!
JoeSapphire: But either trent or lifthrasil makes some sense as a chancellor? If we were to have one.
PookaMustard: Tell me briefly why they do make sense. I assume they were favorable choices before?
Because they've already been part of a government that passed an L policy, so they have a bit of reputation behind them... but maybe I'm putting too much stock into that. This is my first game, I don't know how uncommon it is for a Sashfist to pass an L.

It just occurred to me that our worst case scenario is that trent is a filthy liar who also uncovered LLF, so now we're at FFFFFFFF. It's not all that likely, but possible
blotunga: Would you trust pooka's investigation if he gets 3F? At this point I probably wouldn't. So a Lift government makes the most sense at this point.
I agree. While I do think that testing the new player right away by seeing how he performs in a government would be nice, right now it might backfire. If he's liberal he might get burned by the high 3F probability and if he's fascist, he might hide behind the high 3F probability. So we wouldn't know whether to trust his read if he does pass 2F. But perhaps we can come back to Pooka as a chancellor at a later point, if we feel the need to test him.
JoeSapphire: RT-CB is proven correct again.... hm.... I'd like be suspicious but I don't really see how I can,
3 Liberals in place... Now the odds aren't in favor of more Liberals coming out merely from the odds of FFF draws (new shuffle or not). And no veto power yet.

It's at this point i would start watching anyone voting, as i doubt the Fascist as president will hand over anything but FF and claim he/she/it drew FFF. And Facists working together can cleanly say even if passed a LF and working together that they got FFF and passed FF.

But the game is still young. I've seen some games with 5L's and few F's, and i've seen Hitler get into power and no one had a clue it was him (down to RNG really). So expect F's to start appearing now mostly due to no choice on the government picks; That's all i'm saying beep beep.
blotunga: I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if nobody lied so far, we have a 62.5% chance of drawing a FFF in the next round.
So our 3-0 might not be as great as it seems because it's likely that we will go 3-2 into the reshuffle. The question is whom do we trust to investigate who? Ie: do we trust Lift investigating someone? I do think that at this point a Lift/Joe government wouldn't be bad or Lift/trent, lift then investigating the chancellor. Though I would most welcome a Lift/me and him investigating me in case of a FFF.
I don't think we should base our selection solely on who should investigate. Although it's likely that the next government gets FFF, there is still a decent (almost 40% chance) they get the L, in which case if we have a liberal government we can guarantee a fourth L.

Sorry PookaMustard, welcome to the game and everything, but I think we need to skip you.

I think we pick Lift next, at the moment he is our most trustworthy bet (though far from being 100% cleared) and have him test one of the next stepping stones (scene, blotunga, rtcvb). If he gets an L he can test by passing the L. If the chancellor passes F (or if Lift gets FFF), he can use his investigation.

Thoughts?

I hate to say it, but SPF passing LF to me moves him closer to the liberal side of the scale in my eyes. More on that later, since I'm late for a meeting.
ZFR: I hate to say it, but SPF passing LF to me moves him closer to the liberal side of the scale in my eyes.
Why? If he really drew LLF, he didn't have the option of passing FF to you. Passing LL would be pointless for a fascist, if you are a Liberal. Especially since it was already established that at this point of the game it's better for the Liberals to test people than to enforce L by passing LL. So no matter what his alignment is, passing LF was his only reasonable choice after drawing LLF.
ZFR: Thoughts?
Well i think there's a ~75% chance that no one that has been in government so far has been Fascist. So... Could start re-electing those 6 people to try and push the last liberal policies.

Hanging parliament will do nothing but put F's on the board. So best scenario we get 1 F and 1 L passed before the deck is reshuffled. Odd's of L's improve but not by much.

But as before, with the sheer number of F's that are about to be drawn, doesn't really matter... The 'testing' phase is gone. So we gotta try and sprint for the finish once the deck is reshuffled.

As such I intend to vote yes for the next two governments, once the deck is reshuffled i'll vote no for anyone combination that hasn't been in government to this point (ZFR, JoeSapphire, trentolf and Lifthrasil, SirPrimalform). If they pass a F at that point i will have high suspicions and will vote no on that specific president/chancellor combo but may vote again with someone else as their partner(s)

And if given the bullet i will shoot Hitler.

I told you i'm not Hitler. What utter nonsense C3-PO can be heard in the background complaining, still smoking from the tazer shot, one shoulder blacked and not nearly as shiny as it used to be.
ZFR: I hate to say it, but SPF passing LF to me moves him closer to the liberal side of the scale in my eyes.
Lifthrasil: Passing LL would be pointless for a fascist, if you are a Liberal.
Why?

Here is my thought: I'm a liberal who's been tested once but is by no means close to being confirmed. scum!SPF, much to his chagrin, pulls LLF, so he knows he has no hope of passing F. What would he do in such a case? A liberal policy is going to be passed anyway, so why would he give LF to me in order to further confirm a person whom he knows is a liberal? Isn't it better to give me LL, thus preventing me from getting confirmed further (while also giving himself a "Look at me, I'm so liberal I passed 2L to ensure a liberal policy is passed, instead of risking ZFR being fascist").

Of course a WIFOM or a blunder on SPF's part is always an option, but I'm still leaning further on him being liberal.
ZFR: ...
I suddenly wonder how much different the game might be if 5 cards were drawn (and 2 passed)... then again 99% of the time you can pass LF and liberals would always win... meaning there might be an extra type of card to throw out there, like 'kill the president/chancellor, advance token 2 points, play next random policy card' which would then make for a more tense game of Russian roulette...

Meh...
blotunga: I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if nobody lied so far, we have a 62.5% chance of drawing a FFF in the next round.
So our 3-0 might not be as great as it seems because it's likely that we will go 3-2 into the reshuffle. The question is whom do we trust to investigate who? Ie: do we trust Lift investigating someone? I do think that at this point a Lift/Joe government wouldn't be bad or Lift/trent, lift then investigating the chancellor. Though I would most welcome a Lift/me and him investigating me in case of a FFF.
ZFR: I don't think we should base our selection solely on who should investigate. Although it's likely that the next government gets FFF, there is still a decent (almost 40% chance) they get the L, in which case if we have a liberal government we can guarantee a fourth L.

Sorry PookaMustard, welcome to the game and everything, but I think we need to skip you.

I think we pick Lift next, at the moment he is our most trustworthy bet (though far from being 100% cleared) and have him test one of the next stepping stones (scene, blotunga, rtcvb). If he gets an L he can test by passing the L. If the chancellor passes F (or if Lift gets FFF), he can use his investigation.

Thoughts?

I hate to say it, but SPF passing LF to me moves him closer to the liberal side of the scale in my eyes. More on that later, since I'm late for a meeting.
I think a Lift/me government could be beneficial. If Lift is lucky enough to get a LFF, we could go 4-0. Else he can investigate me, i think he has some cred after passing the second L. So far Zfr and Lift have the most cred in my book.
So for my money ZFR has to be most Liberal at this point. So my first questions are with all this info......How have Scum voted to this point and are there paterns?? When I wasn't happy about ZFR did 2 Scum players look to jump on that vote because he was Liberal or did they merge into the background?

SPF voted with me against ZFR and has also passed a Liberal policy to go 3-0 down but he says he got 2 Liberals cards. If he was Scum I think he would of said he only had 1 L Card, to confirm himself and to make us more judgemental of future governments.

It's unlikely he did get 2 Liberal Cards, but if he did he wouldn't have any choice but to test ZFR. So my read, probably SPF Liberal, but who knows?

Out of game but also in game. Is it a bit mean to deprive a new player in PookaMustard a chance to be in government ?As I believe this is a new player. At least I haven't come across Pooka in Mafia games before. There's still fun to be had in voting and discussing @Pooka and welcome to the community if you are indeed new. If you are new like other games, it's a fun distraction to life.

Woohoo so we're upto 3-0, just 2 more policy passes and we're over the line and it's looking strong

ANDDDDD AAAAAAAAAhhhh we're brought back to earth again. That is a problem. Because 1. It gives fascists free reign to discard cards and 2. we can't really judge anyone off any call. This is a big stinking crapola in our game. I mean you put tried and tested people in government and they come out stinking terribly because of odds.

Thoughts?
Well, I'm...not sure what to do at this point. I'm leaning towards putting ZFR or SPF as chancellor (putting aside his comment about skipping me), but he was already part of the previous government. From what I read, it seems the next best one is Lift, as I saw his name come up several times from people who regard him as trustworthy.

I'm also heavily leaning on the high probability of a FFF. With three liberal policies already passed and zero fascist, I can see the next combination of cards will be unsavory for all, and as others have already said, for my government. I'd pretty much ask to keep the whole thing with testing trust until later, when the odds are more or less even for liberal and fascist.

What do you think of Lift as chancellor?
supplementscene: ANDDDDD AAAAAAAAAhhhh we're brought back to earth again. That is a problem. Because 1. It gives fascists free reign to discard cards and 2. we can't really judge anyone off any call. This is a big stinking crapola in our game.
Which is why if i played as a Fascist I'd be totally liberal until 3L's were down because then figuring out who is who after that would be nearly impossible, then there would be a lot of 3F's drawn; No one would be able to figure out who is lying, and who is telling the truth. And Liberals really would draw 3F's and everyone is an enigma, leaving it more to chance while the Fascist can probably avoid electing each-other making the President/Chancellor pair far more difficult to figure out which is the fascist rather than the pair of them.

Hmmm.... On a side note, this is like PBP roleplaying: It takes FAR TOO LONG!.
PookaMustard: .............

What do you think of Lift as chancellor?
Likely
Is
Fascist
Though
He
Really
Acts
Sorta
Ironically
Liberal