It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: You may have intended to be pretty open, but it wasn't very clear what you'd voted. As I remember it you said you didn't like ice cream, and when I asked you what you'd voted for you said you couldn't remember.

Is the reason you didn't trust ZFR because of his attempt to influence your vote? Have you stopped not trusting him?
I was pretty clear about my dislike of ice cream, everything after that was just being coy because I knew you'd find out soon enough.

And yeah, ZFR seemed to be trying too hard. If he was liberal he'd have no idea what you were and wouldn't have any reason to be so confident about getting you elected. Thus (continuing) distrust.
SirPrimalform: If he was liberal he'd have no idea what you were
As opposed to the other 8 candidates about which I'd have a good idea who they were??

We have to elect a government. You want me to choose someone and then vote no because as a liberal I have no idea what they are?
ZFR: So, who's OK with skipping to Lift?
That's what we did last game and it worked well as it turned out we had 4 Liberal players. However I think it's likely there is a Hitler in play in this game. If that's the case, sticking to 4 players is dangerous. If the 4 players are LLLL or LLLF we are in a strong position to win. If there's a Hitler or LLFF it increases the odds of Fascist victory. If there is LLFH then I'd pick a high likelyhood of Fascist Victory.

You have more insight into the picks than I do as you know your alignment. If you are Liberal it comes down to your read of Trent and Lift and to an extent Joe. Because even if the player you picked did pass the test he could be bagging Liberal Cred for later when he plans to twist everything and anything.

So then we ask is it worth testing SPF or Agent? Both are very hard to read due to little posting and analysis. SPF has joked instead of analysed. This isn't wholely different to SPF playing Liberal though. I think a Scummy SPF tends to throw more shade like he did with yourself in one of the last Mafia games. In town roles SPF who doesn't know who's who sits back and lets the game development from my recollection.

If we stick to Lift is it worth testing another player? Personally being Liberal I want to be in government to ensure the only Liberal I know has control over policy.

JoeSapphire: Come on SirP, suggest a chancellor so we can all ignore you.
SirPrimalform: No way, I'm fine with being skipped.
I'm not a fan of this because the only player who has something to gain from being skipped is Hitler as FFF = game over. And FFF has become increasingly likely.
SirPrimalform: If he was liberal he'd have no idea what you were
ZFR: As opposed to the other 8 candidates about which I'd have a good idea who they were??

We have to elect a government. You want me to choose someone and then vote no because as a liberal I have no idea what they are?
Exactly, you wouldn't know anything about any of them.

Also, I wasn't talking about your own vote, when I talked about your confidence I meant your "campaigning" to get your pick elected.
SirPrimalform: Also, I wasn't talking about your own vote, when I talked about your confidence I meant your "campaigning" to get your pick elected.
Yes, me wanting my own government to be elected is nefarious indeed.
SirPrimalform: Also, I wasn't talking about your own vote, when I talked about your confidence I meant your "campaigning" to get your pick elected.
ZFR: Yes, me wanting my own government to be elected is nefarious indeed.
Well, the only way you could be sure about Joe is...
ZFR: Are you setting up a "I'm-INNOCENT!-I-was-set-up"?
blotunga: You're the only viable alternative. Since you passed FL to joe, don't you trust him? (Ok, he still might be scum/hitler since the 1st round doesn't counts to much).
Saying he’s the only viable alternative is a little extreme in my opinion. The first round would be the ideal spot for Hitler or a fascist to be since a Liberal policy will probably be passed and the people in power get cred. For me from the way the game has gone so far I would have no issue with you or Lift being nominated as chancellor or president. I also think we still need to test more people and not put all our hopes on just 4 players.
SirPrimalform: I was pretty clear about my dislike of ice cream, everything after that was just being coy because I knew you'd find out soon enough.

And yeah, ZFR seemed to be trying too hard. If he was liberal he'd have no idea what you were and wouldn't have any reason to be so confident about getting you elected. Thus (continuing) distrust.
Why only explain this now, instead of yesterDay when you were asked why you voted no? At that point you detailed what it was you didn't like about ice cream. When the prospect of Lifthrasil electing ZFR as chancellor came up, you didn't voice your concerns. Why?

The game can't go on until you elect a chancellor. Have you an idea who you'll nominate?
ZFR: Yes, me wanting my own government to be elected is nefarious indeed.
SirPrimalform: Well, the only way you could be sure about Joe is...
I wasn't sure about Joe. I wouldn't have been sure about anyone else. I had to select someone for my government.

You're going in circles.
I have nothing against volunteering to be chancellor and if Lift passes me at least L policy, I could be safely a president, since I will pass a L.
I'm not following your question.

Agentcarr16 is next to be president after SirPrimalform.

With two liberal policies passed we're okay.
flubbucket: I'm not following your question.

Agentcarr16 is next to be president after SirPrimalform.

With two liberal policies passed we're okay.
It means sticking to the devil you know and voting no for the Primal and agent governments.
rtcvb32: I think that until 3 liberal policies, what gets laid down means nothing because Fascist will not play Fascist cards unless there's all 3 of them and there's no choice. Seems better to push 2-3 Liberal policies so there's more 3F draws.

JoeSapphire: oh buggerit I edited instead of posting how did I manage that? You can't quote yourself captain!!
rtcvb32: If it's within 15 minutes of your last post, it gets appended.
Just caught this on a re-read. It's a good point that even fascists may buy Lib-cred in the first 2 plays. But Fascists won't want to go 3-0 or 4-0 at this stage. So the next 2 tests are pretty big. Anyone cleared in the next 2 plays is probably Town certified. Where as any F card government gets locked from future governments
I don't think I should nominate Joe if we skip to me. As Scene said, it might be dangerous to play the 4-player game again. It works, if all of them are Liberal. But it is possible, even likely, that there is a Fascist among us 4. Also, it still makes me a bit wary that ZFR 'chose' a player from the very end. Sure, random and so on. But Joe being Hitler and ZFR being Fascist is still a possible alternative explanation for that nomination. Or in other words: if Joe is Hitler, the Fascists would have tried to get him into a government ASAP. So I guess it would be prudent to test someone else too. With 2 L policies in the lead we can afford to test someone.
What if SirPrimal nominated Agent and we vote yes to test them?