It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: Im surprised so many people watchdd this.

Did zeo make an observer threat?
I did, but it was pretty much dead. Almost none of the people commenting right now signed up for the thread/asked me for a link to it.
@Scene: yes, I would be up for a quick chat-game in real-time. However, we would have to find a common time across the globe with all the different time-zones involved. That's going to be a bit tricky.
Lifthrasil: @Scene: yes, I would be up for a quick chat-game in real-time. However, we would have to find a common time across the globe with all the different time-zones involved. That's going to be a bit tricky.
Psssst. I know someone with discord links.
ZFR: Did you know from the start you were going to pass the 4th L when I selected you. Or was it a decision you made when you got the cards. Whom did you expect me to pick next. You knew that after passing the 4th L, if I pick a liberal for my next government, there was a good chance you lose.
Lifthrasil: The decision fell when you mentioned Scene as second choice to me. After you had already brought the argument 'Scene can't possibly be Hitler' into play, I knew we had a chance of winning the Hitler-way. So I had to stay in your good graces to be able to manipulate you - and by extension the other Liberals, since you were the leader of the pack. Apart from Joe of course who knew I was Fascist.
My reasoning was, that if I pass F, you would kill me and trust Joe and the game would be lost for the Fascists. So I had to risk the 4-th L and try to pave the way for a Scene chancellorship. I had expected trent to nominate Scene and I think that would have gone through. But then he selected me. But in the end it worked too. :-)
ZFR: @ Lift, @ Pooka

Did you get FFF or did one of you bury the L?
Lifthrasil: I buried an L.
I’m not sure a Scene nomination would have gone through as it was an unnecessary risk if I was really Liberal. I was pretty confident shooting ZFR would win it for us as you, Pooka, and Scene were playing a great game.

@scene, I did jump on you early as I thought you were over doing it.
Yes, if trent nominated scene I'dhave been suspicious.

He was getting a guaranteed FFF. As a liberal, trent has no reason not to nominate a sure non-Hitler.
PookaMustard: Also, if you don't mind me taking up a bit of your time; what did you think of my play now that everything makes sense? Was it good? Sloppy?
JoeSapphire: You did good. Maybe you got an easier start than we would have given Carr at that stage of the game, but you gave the impression that you were an interested participant in the game, and I variously believed I could trust you. As ZFR put it, you came across as intelligent enough to not make a stupid mistake, but not so intelligent that you would think one move ahead in the game.
Maybe I just need to think of how my actions would come across in the future, perhaps that will take me to even better results. Though at the same time, me wanting to investigate Scene was his tell that I was on his side, so I also have to be more subtle about letting Hitler know that I'm his bud.

Though to be honest, I am not sure what Carr did up to the point I took over.

JoeSapphire: Is the proposal to play a quick game but still with writing? I'd assumed a game over microphones so that you can get some sense of who's lying by signals and that. Is such a thing ever done?
Yes. With writing, we duke it out with arguments as you saw in this game. You have to be convincing to get the point across, and analyze what the heck happened and who was truthful and who was lying. With a voice chat setup, the game moves too fast for analysis to take place and then it becomes gut feeling that X dude is fascist.
JoeSapphire: Is the proposal to play a quick game but still with writing? I'd assumed a game over microphones so that you can get some sense of who's lying by signals and that. Is such a thing ever done?
Wouldn't work. I'm a better actor in person than via written word. :-)
Alright, since we really need the kickstart. If You want to play a faster paced text chat based game, you can join through this Discord server link here:

https://discord.gg/vCHSxm6

If you don't like the service, I can also arrange via other spots like Skype, riot.im, IRC, etc. I'm flexible when it comes too that. I can also do the next forum game.

Our latest join is Lift. We're missing one person to start a five-person game, and we're missing six for a ten-person game.
bjgamer: We mostly thought Joe was Liberal until Joe's post where he told ZFR, "I know you're my Friend." At that point and as Joe intensified we both wondered if that was a 'tell' that Joe was actually the H-man trying to let ZFR know that he had figured out ZFR was Fascist.
oooooh wow I didn't even think about that. I just meant it as "even though we want to kill each other in the game, I know that outside of the game everything's cool." It was a sort of apology for acting like a dick, without actually apologising.

ZFR: @ Lift, @ Pooka

Did you get FFF or did one of you bury the L?
Lifthrasil: I buried an L.
Arghhhghgggh we should have listened to Joe! Blotbucket might have saved the day. :p Stupid game. ;)

How did you feel when SirP turned to you and casually asked if you thought supplementscene was a good idea for chancellor? You would have won anyway I guess.

Zeo - Did you know if the top card was an L or F? Or did you cast it as it happened?

I'll have a look at this discord
JoeSapphire: How did you feel when SirP turned to you and casually asked if you thought supplementscene was a good idea for chancellor? You would have won anyway I guess.
That was always the question in my head: how much can I promote Scene without making it too obvious? So I was happy to agree that Scene was an OK choice, but always with some reservation.

But in the end, Scene was so dead-locked as 'guaranteed non-Hitler' that I could risk promoting him a bit more strongly.
Post edited March 09, 2019 by Lifthrasil
JoeSapphire: Yes, I think you might get the same problem with no-cardflip versions of mafia. As the game goes on you don't learn anything so it's never easy to know what to do. A small amount of people hold all the information and there's no way to verify it.
I've never played them but I'd guess you're right. I tend to feel pretty lost at the beginning of mafia games (either I have little to say or I find something in nothing *COUvitekGH*) and only really get going mid-game after we've had a few flips.
Alright, so there are now three seats left in the Discord server linked above! If I don't get any more players in the next few days, I'll jump straight into the action and start it.
PookaMustard: Alright, so there are now three seats left in the Discord server linked above! If I don't get any more players in the next few days, I'll jump straight into the action and start it.
I can play Monday
PookaMustard: Alright, so there are now three seats left in the Discord server linked above! If I don't get any more players in the next few days, I'll jump straight into the action and start it.
ZFR: I can play Monday
The game will take a couple days actually (unless all of you decide on a specific time to "speed play" ), so it's better to join in now. Still, I will be reserving a seat for you.

Two seats remaining!
ZFR: I can play Monday
I've requested Pooka sign you up on Discord. I hope that's not taking a liberty on your behalf. Hopefully you get a chance to get revenge on some of those that thwarted you this time or just be their teammate ;)