It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: More on the might-F-pooka-have-enchancellorated-F-lifthrasil? debate:

The F team wanted to prevent 4L 1F by the time the re-shuffle came round. If that was building a government of two Fs then that was how it had to go.
There. Was. Only. One. L. Left. In. The. Deck.

No way was building a government of two Fs necessary.
ZFR: No way was building a government of two Fs necessary.
The. Government. Was. Under. Threat. Of. Being. Skipped.

He needed a chancellor that the people would vote for, or maybe have no government at all.
ZFR: No way was building a government of two Fs necessary.
JoeSapphire: The. Government. Was. Under. Threat. Of. Being. Skipped.
Skipped. To. Lift.

So if Lift was fascist there was no danger anyway, right?
JoeSapphire: The. Government. Was. Under. Threat. Of. Being. Skipped.
ZFR: Skipped. To. Lift.

So if Lift was f there was no danger anyway, right?
If Lift DIDN'T get the L then the next guy might. Dangerous.

Have a read from here till Pooka's nomination:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/secret_hitler_2_everybody_is_a_star/post380

see what you can make of it.
ZFR: Skipped. To. Lift.

So if Lift was f there was no danger anyway, right?
JoeSapphire: If Lift DIDN'T get the L then the next guy might. Dangerous.
That's just too convoluted.

If fascist Pooka selected fascist Lift for government I'm more inclined to believe it was a newbie who just joined a game in progress and didn't have time to think it through mistake.
trentonlf: I was hoping to hear from SPF
ZFR: But he's already used up his three words for this month.
Two left.
ZFR: That's just too convoluted.
Whut??

There's 8 cards left - two government's worth of cards. The Fs want to avoid the next two governments being L president L chancellor or risk ending up with 4L 1F

AND

Blood and Sand we're forgetting the fucking INVESTIGATE power!! More incentive to avoid Liberal presidents!!

AND

I have it on good authority that it was a newbie who just joined a game in progress and didn't have time to think it through
JoeSapphire: ...
Dude, congrats.

Your persistence paid off. For the first time since Lift passed the fourth L policy you managed to plant in me a genuine tiny seed of doubt that Lift might be F.

Very small, but it's there.

Well done, really.

Probability-wise, the alternative that Lift is Liberal is way more likely. So sorry, but I'm going to stay with that plan. I admit though that my 100% confidence that we'll win if we stick with that plan is gone.
ZFR: my 100% confidence that we'll win if we stick with that plan is gone.
Glory Be!

I ain't quittin now
JoeSapphire: AND

I have it on good authority that it was a newbie who just joined a game in progress and didn't have time to think it through
Yes, that's what I meant. If there is a reason I'm more inclined to believe that was it. Rather than it being a planned out strategy.
ZFR: Yes, that's what I meant. If there is a reason I'm more inclined to believe that was it. Rather than it being a planned out strategy.
You aren't enamoured with the investigate-power argument? It's got me all aquiver
ZFR: Yes, that's what I meant. If there is a reason I'm more inclined to believe that was it. Rather than it being a planned out strategy.
JoeSapphire: You aren't enamoured with the investigate-power argument? It's got me all aquiver
No. I'm just friends with it.
Ok, onto the March word quota. Very few opinions on anything other than being 99% sure Joe is a fascist. The little game of "misquote Lift" pushed me nearly all the way. Too lazy to read Joe's subsequent walls of text.
JoeSapphire: You aren't enamoured with the investigate-power argument? It's got me all aquiver
ZFR: No. I'm just friends with it.
Good enough for me.

ZFR: 1) Joe's reaction. I'll admit I might have still suspected Lift even after passing the 4th L, but Joe's reaction pre-government, his inexplicable 180 degrees turn, really struck me as a f who realized he's in deep crap and was doing his best to prevent the government. I just don't see lib!Joe doing it. Lib!Joe would have known it's a good plan and went along with it.

2) Pooka's subsequent reveal as f bring's me back to my theorem. There is no way, barring a blunder on his part, that f!Pooka who knew that as President who's going to pass a f policy, is going to select a fellow f as his chancellor and tarnish him further.
There are two points preventing you from believing Lifthrasil MIGHT BE scum.

The second seemed inexplicable to me as well, but I think I've managed to clear that somewhat.

Can we address the first? Are you still of the opinion that Liberal Joe should not have trusted ZFR's plan one moment, and then severely mistrusted it the next?

What about this question: Why would F Joe have gone along with the nominate-lifthrasil idea, rather than support a blotunga-or-whoeveritwas chancellorship which didn't implicate him thoroughly?

Ah, I remembered what you thought now. You reckon that F Joe pretended to be fine with ZFR nominating lifthrasil as chancellor, in order to fake a change of heart and lead everybody to vote for flubbucket-blotunga government.

Do you still think that?

ZFR: That's just too convoluted.
My thoughts exactly, past ZFR! Unfortunately, we are only concerned with what present ZFR thinks...
JoeSapphire: Can we address the first? Are you still of the opinion that Liberal Joe should not have trusted ZFR's plan one moment, and then severely mistrusted it the next?
I don't know.

Honestly.