It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: ZFR - what would you do in my situation?
ZFR: Keep quiet and, assuming my buddy rtcvb pocketed an L, hope for the best. Instead of writing a lengthy post that confirms to ZFR I'm a fascist.
wait, why are you assuming rtcvb is fascist?
supplementscene: Who was your preference for Chancellor, other than yourself, which wasn't likely to happen? Because while Lift probably is the Fascist, if you're the Fascist you fit the Hitler profile more than Lift who's too conflicted to be Hitler.
I think blotunga. I was hoping blotunga and pooka would answer my lift-or-joe question, because it would help me decide whether they are liberal or not.

Their reasoning should go something like this:

1. I know blotunga is liberal

2. I know one of Joe and Lifthrasil is fascist.

3. One of them blotunga in government, the other avoided my government to support a government that passed an F policy.

I think if I were liberal and had that position in these events I would come to the conclusion that Joe>Lifthrasil. But I was hoping they'd come to the conclusion themselves, because it would help me trust them, and it's probably less convincing coming from me.

I have been thinking about Trentonlf, too. I had a thought that he was hitler, because Lifthrasil passed his L policy, but then Lifthrasil put him in his "likely to be hitler so I don't want them in government" pile so I dunno.

supplementscene: Remember you might see ZFR as being scummy retrospectively, but consider:

1) There was no reason not to vote for Lift who had passed Liberal policy.

2) Choosing RTCVB over Blotunga made sense because A) Both were unknown B) RTCVB gave off Hitler vibes, so if he is Hitler he'd have to pass Lib policy or be ruled out of future government. This is good information despite F policy passing.

Now ZFR may have supported them because he is Fascist but like the rest of us just going along with that reasoning of what was known at the time.
Yes, dispite the worrying trend there's nothing unreasonable about any of the decisions ZFR's made. Which is why I am conflicted.
ZFR: Keep quiet and, assuming my buddy rtcvb pocketed an L, hope for the best. Instead of writing a lengthy post that confirms to ZFR I'm a fascist.
JoeSapphire: wait, why are you assuming rtcvb is fascist?
No reason. In fact if he's not fascist and genuinly got FFF it would explain why you suddenly got cold feet.
ZFR: No reason. In fact if he's not fascist and genuinly got FFF it would explain why you suddenly got cold feet.
cold feet about what?
ZFR: No reason. In fact if he's not fascist and genuinly got FFF it would explain why you suddenly got cold feet.
Oh do you mean 'suddenly' sarcastically? as in I was just saying that I'd support your government, but all along my plan was to use your terrible choice in governments to back out of the vote, and assume I could convince everybody else to also?
supplementscene: Who was your preference for Chancellor, other than yourself, which wasn't likely to happen? Because while Lift probably is the Fascist, if you're the Fascist you fit the Hitler profile more than Lift who's too conflicted to be Hitler.
JoeSapphire: I think blotunga. I was hoping blotunga and pooka would answer my lift-or-joe question, because it would help me decide whether they are liberal or not.

Their reasoning should go something like this:

1. I know blotunga is liberal

2. I know one of Joe and Lifthrasil is fascist.

3. One of them blotunga in government, the other avoided my government to support a government that passed an F policy.

I think if I were liberal and had that position in these events I would come to the conclusion that Joe>Lifthrasil. But I was hoping they'd come to the conclusion themselves, because it would help me trust them, and it's probably less convincing coming from me.

I have been thinking about Trentonlf, too. I had a thought that he was hitler, because Lifthrasil passed his L policy, but then Lifthrasil put him in his "likely to be hitler so I don't want them in government" pile so I dunno.

supplementscene: Remember you might see ZFR as being scummy retrospectively, but consider:

1) There was no reason not to vote for Lift who had passed Liberal policy.

2) Choosing RTCVB over Blotunga made sense because A) Both were unknown B) RTCVB gave off Hitler vibes, so if he is Hitler he'd have to pass Lib policy or be ruled out of future government. This is good information despite F policy passing.

Now ZFR may have supported them because he is Fascist but like the rest of us just going along with that reasoning of what was known at the time.
JoeSapphire: Yes, dispite the worrying trend there's nothing unreasonable about any of the decisions ZFR's made. Which is why I am conflicted.
If you genuinely are Liberal you should assume ZFR is Liberal. Think back to round 1. Scum ZFR would get either Hitler or another Fascist into the Chancellor role, in order to credit them with Liberal kudos. He wouldn't nominate a Liberal imo.

As for ZFRs voting, I think I voted the same way on the same logic. Except ofcourse when I was unhappy about his random vote in round 1. If Lift shows up as Scum and you as Liberal it almost certainly confirms ZFR as Liberal. Unless you and he are Scum and have us all fooled. In which case you'll win anyway as I'd have to go with the likelyhood that ZFR is Liberal.

I scumread Lift myself and you can go back a page or 2 to read my analysis. But I tend to think Blotunga and Pooka should have scumread him before me because they had more information than us. As mentioned previously it makes me ask if they could they be a 3 man Scumteam.

But I could have tunneled and be completely wrong about Lift. It could be you and Pooka who are Scum and by extension Blotunga. We'll see which of you is Scum shortly. No point posturing or second guessing at this point as the truth shall come out soon enough.

The only problem is, yes we know one of you is Scum but can we identify partners from that? We can make links but the Fascists maybe better hidden, hard to say.
supplementscene: If you genuinely are Liberal you should assume ZFR is Liberal. Think back to round 1. Scum ZFR would get either Hitler or another Fascist into the Chancellor role, in order to credit them with Liberal kudos. He wouldn't nominate a Liberal imo.
If he said he used random.org, he probably did. I don't think he'd lie about that.

Why's it important to you that I believe ZFR is liberal? Or that ZFR believes I am?

Are you just being nice?? That hurts my head.

Alright. I'll go with you. Maybe playing nice is a good idea.
JoeSapphire: Oh do you mean 'suddenly' sarcastically? as in I was just saying that I'd support your government, but all along my plan was to use your terrible choice in governments to back out of the vote, and assume I could convince everybody else to also?
Yes. It does feel to me like you accepted the plan of Lift being chancellor, because it is a good plan, but you're actually were trying to make it fail, hoping others won't vote it in.

Look (assuming you're liberal), if not this then what is a good alternative? This is the best way to decrease the chances of getting Hitler as chancellor while at the same time answer many questions. Even if you don't trust me, don't you think this government will ensure we don't get Hitler into office and narrow down possibilities of who scum/Hitler might be? If not this, then what is the alternative. flub, who'll choose blotunga, or you who not many would trust? And whom do either of you choose as chancellor that you can be certain will be a safe bet?
ZFR: Even if you don't trust me, don't you think this government will ensure we don't get Hitler into office and narrow down possibilities of who scum/Hitler might be?
There's lots of things I'm afraid of: Lifthrasil being hitler; you using lifthrasil just to pass another F then execute a liberal player; you and lifthrasil passing an L so that when you're next president you can come up with a good reason why hitler should be nominated as chancellor.

But supplementscene want us to be friends so I'm going to take things as they appear and try not to worry about being deceived and embarasssed and losing the game.

But, also I reckon a flub/blotunga government would pass a liberal policy. And I'd like to be president. So the alternatives aren't that terrible from my perspective. Shame no-one listens to me.
ZFR:
JoeSapphire: Is it possible that lifthrasil, playng hitler, got into government for a second time and passed a second F policy, saw that the plan was to be blotunga-zfr then joe-trent government which, if it were allowed to happen, would have a very excellent chance of passing the 4th and 5th liberal policies, and so thought "well I've passed two fascist policies so it's unlikely I'm going to get into government again, I may as well take the opportunity to derail the liberal's best hope and play for the 6 fascist policies victory"?

It's possible but writing it out makes me think it's not-so-likely.
Funny. Even you yourself realize that you can't make up a convincing scenario where I would be Hitler. I mean, of course you know that I'm not Hitler, so I wonder what that little thought exercise was supposed to achieve.

But what I think I do understand is your little 'support Lift's nomination but then find reasons to vote against the nominated government'. So far, most players seem to be set on circling the government back to ZFR as quickly as possible after this one. If the assumption that ZFR is Liberal is true, this strategy would be very bad for the Fascists. But you know that probably the only way to prevent that strategy is the danger of a random policy. If the current government is denied, then we would have to vote either flubb or you in office to avoid a random policy. If my assumption that flubb is Fascist too is true, then that would be the straw your grasping right now.
"Try to prevent this government and force the Liberals to go along with either me as president or my scumbuddy flubb"
Does that about sum up your plan? Because that is what it boils down to. If we don't vote this government in office, we can't cycle back to ZFR directly. We would have to vote one government in between into office or accept a random, probably Fascist, policy.
Lifthrasil:
I only read the first few words and substituted 'blahblahblah' for the rest. You'll get no rise out of me.
Lifthrasil:
JoeSapphire: I only read the first few words and substituted 'blahblahblah' for the rest. You'll get no rise out of me.
I'm not trying to get a rise out of you. I'm trying to gauge whether my assessment of your motivation was correct and since you don't have a reply, it seems to be.
ugh. I managed 4 minutes without going back to read it.

It's enraging, but I shall try to remain calm.

Lifthrasil: Does that about sum up your plan? Because that is what it boils down to. If we don't vote this government in office, we can't cycle back to ZFR directly. We would have to vote one government in between into office or accept a random, probably Fascist, policy.
Why shouldn't I get to do that? You did.

RTCVB's lifthrasil-supported government turned over a Fascist policy.

Now we're going with his choice of president and putting lifthrasil in power. Why do I keep suppressing my gut reaction against that? It's a patently idiotic thing to do.

I'm changing my vote.

Lifthrasil & ZFR wanted to skip blotunga and flubbucket: this forced us to choose RTCVB and ZFR and they passed a fascist policy.

Don't give them the chance to do the same again. They say flubbucket and blotunga is a bad idea. I say we go with that.
So, now you're trying to make ZFR look fascist-y too? And you pretend to be all enraged as excuse for your change of vote? I call BS! You planned to vote NO from the beginning and just needed an excuse to do so.
Lifthrasil: Ah, so I'm on the right track with my reads? Thanks for the (involuntary) confirmation! Obviously, you would try to use the conflict between us as a means to discredit my reads and push for a fascist buddy as candidate.
Lifthrasil: Your theory has a major flaw (as is natural, for a theory concocted by a Fascist).
JoeSapphire: ...
Lifthrasil: No reply to my question? You don't know what to vote before I have stated what I will vote? Do you need to pretend to always do the opposite of what I am doing for 'The Greater Good'?
Lifthrasil: I wonder where Joe disappeared to. He probably will use whatever I say to promote the exact opposite, if it fits with his agenda. And use my assurance that I'm not Hitler to convince you that I am. :-)

But banter aside, I'll be AFK for the rest of the day. See you tomorrow.
Lifthrasil: Funny. Even you yourself realize that you can't make up a convincing scenario where I would be Hitler. I mean, of course you know that I'm not Hitler, so I wonder what that little thought exercise was supposed to achieve.

But what I think I do understand is your little 'support Lift's nomination but then find reasons to vote against the nominated government'.
JoeSapphire: I only read the first few words and substituted 'blahblahblah' for the rest. You'll get no rise out of me.
Lifthrasil: I'm not trying to get a rise out of you. I'm trying to gauge whether my assessment of your motivation was correct and since you don't have a reply, it seems to be.
^ Don't vote for this guy. Since his investigation he has repeatedly used challenging languange to put words in my mouth and belittle my musings.
Will you approve that behaviour by giving him his 4th government position?

Lifthrasil: Something different: I don't trust flubb. His 'investigate Joe' might have been a joke or just a statement of his liberal opinion. But it might have been support for his fellow fascist Joe, who wanted to be investigated.
Lifthrasil doesn't trust flubb. Lifthrasil was in the two governments that passed our first two fascist policies. Lifthrasil voted against Blotunga & Flub's government, which forced us to elect RTCVB and ZFR who passed our third fascist policy.
The enemy of our enemy if our friend. Don't vote for Lifthrasil. Vote for flub.

Change your votes!

---

Lifthrasil: So, now you're trying to make ZFR look fascist-y too? And you pretend to be all enraged as excuse for your change of vote? I call BS! You planned to vote NO from the beginning and just needed an excuse to do so.
ZFR's done enough himself. If he wanted to look not fascist-y he should have listened to me before.

Lifthrasil's angry. This is good. Vote Flub.