It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ScouseMouse180: Dark Souls 3 is here and it's by far the most rage I've ever felt in episode

Hardest boss in the game so far by a mile

Editing is a beautiful thing but in reality I spent 2hr 30 mins on this guy and still only beat him with the ultimate cheese method

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7BztTUBb-s
If you're playing for the first time, and think the Abyss Watchers are the hardest boss fight in DS3 ... Oh boy, are you in for a surprise or two later on. :P
ScouseMouse180: Dark Souls 3 is here and it's by far the most rage I've ever felt in episode

Hardest boss in the game so far by a mile

Editing is a beautiful thing but in reality I spent 2hr 30 mins on this guy and still only beat him with the ultimate cheese method

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7BztTUBb-s
CharlesGrey: If you're playing for the first time, and think the Abyss Watchers are the hardest boss fight in DS3 ... Oh boy, are you in for a surprise or two later on. :P
Yeah it is my first time playing DS3 and funnily enough you're not the first person to say that exact same thing to me, not even close lol

======================

Here it is, the FINAL episode of Chrono Trigger!

I've completed my blind playthrough. It's a long one tonight but we got the good ending (I think) and it was so sad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBsKS91YA1M
CharlesGrey: If you're playing for the first time, and think the Abyss Watchers are the hardest boss fight in DS3 ... Oh boy, are you in for a surprise or two later on. :P
ScouseMouse180: Yeah it is my first time playing DS3 and funnily enough you're not the first person to say that exact same thing to me, not even close lol
Because it's true, hah hah. I could think of at least three more boss fights in DS3 ( if we include the DLCs ) which are much more challenging, and among the hardest in the whole series. But they're also very impressive, and it's satisfying when you finally defeat them. Have you already played the other Souls games?
ScouseMouse180: Yeah it is my first time playing DS3 and funnily enough you're not the first person to say that exact same thing to me, not even close lol
CharlesGrey: Because it's true, hah hah. I could think of at least three more boss fights in DS3 ( if we include the DLCs ) which are much more challenging, and among the hardest in the whole series. But they're also very impressive, and it's satisfying when you finally defeat them. Have you already played the other Souls games?
Yeah part of me thinks I was just having a bad day when I took on the Abyss Watchers, I have been working through the series on my channel, did a blind playthrough of DS1, then DS2 and now 3, and I've not struggled with any boss like I did with Abyss Watchers. Even things like O&S that people warned were really hard I killed in like 30 mins of trying.

I thought this was gonna be the end of the rage (soon) cos I don't have a PS4 but my girlfriend just bought me one today with Bloodborne so it looks like the pain will continue a little longer. People keep telling me that BB is harder than all the DS games as well :(

========================================

The summons are so different in FFX, you actually get to control these savage beasts... but not before completing our first Cloister of Trials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXQkI8Hgc0
Dark Souls 3 is back and I think tonight's boss has gotta be the coolest looking boss in the whole series so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXz_l-qUTHY
ScouseMouse180: Yeah part of me thinks I was just having a bad day when I took on the Abyss Watchers, I have been working through the series on my channel, did a blind playthrough of DS1, then DS2 and now 3, and I've not struggled with any boss like I did with Abyss Watchers. Even things like O&S that people warned were really hard I killed in like 30 mins of trying.

I thought this was gonna be the end of the rage (soon) cos I don't have a PS4 but my girlfriend just bought me one today with Bloodborne so it looks like the pain will continue a little longer. People keep telling me that BB is harder than all the DS games as well :(
All bosses with multiple phases and/or multiple opponents tend to be hard -- that includes the Abyss Watchers, as well as the other DS3 bosses I was thinking of. But they're often also the most impressive and most memorable boss battles, such as O&S in DS1.

As a first timer, what are your thoughts on Dark Souls 2? It gets a lot of crap from the fan community, but I always liked it, and after recently playing the enhanced edition on PC for the first time, I gotta say I enjoyed it at least as much as Dark Souls 1. Did you play the DLC areas of DS2? Some tough bosses in those, too.

I'm jealous, as I don't have a PS4 and thus Bloodborne is the only game of the series I haven't played, only watched video playthroughs. It's pretty damn good, too! I guess you still haven't played Demon's Souls, either?
ScouseMouse180: Yeah part of me thinks I was just having a bad day when I took on the Abyss Watchers, I have been working through the series on my channel, did a blind playthrough of DS1, then DS2 and now 3, and I've not struggled with any boss like I did with Abyss Watchers. Even things like O&S that people warned were really hard I killed in like 30 mins of trying.

CharlesGrey: All bosses with multiple phases and/or multiple opponents tend to be hard -- that includes the Abyss Watchers, as well as the other DS3 bosses I was thinking of. But they're often also the most impressive and most memorable boss battles, such as O&S in DS1.

As a first timer, what are your thoughts on Dark Souls 2? It gets a lot of crap from the fan community, but I always liked it, and after recently playing the enhanced edition on PC for the first time, I gotta say I enjoyed it at least as much as Dark Souls 1. Did you play the DLC areas of DS2? Some tough bosses in those, too.

I'm jealous, as I don't have a PS4 and thus Bloodborne is the only game of the series I haven't played, only watched video playthroughs. It's pretty damn good, too! I guess you still haven't played Demon's Souls, either?
Yeah I never thought I'd get round to playing Bloodborne and a bunch of other exclusives cos I have an Xbox One so I couldn't justify buying a really expensive console just to play 4-5 games that aren't on Xbox, but my girlfriend has went and done it now.

I really liked DS2, I agree I don't understand why it gets all the hate. It is a bit different from DS1 and people don't like change but then if anything DS3 is even MORE different than 1 and 2. I enjoyed that there were quite a few more bright and beautiful areas rather than EVERYTHING being really dark. But yeah I played the Scholar of the First Sin version and really enjoyed it... I must say my enjoyment levels dropped a little when I got to the Old Iron King DLC lol cos some of that was just ridiculous. The Fume Knight is a nightmare and even reaching the boss room for the Blue Smelter Demon is a joke.

Nope, not played Demon Souls yet, mostly cos as far as I know it's the hardest one to find a way to play. I never had a PS3 and now I have a PS4 but it isn't backwards compatible.
Tonight in Final Fantasy X we start to get a few teasers today about Tidus's father and his backstory..... that and fight a giant jellyfish!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DE2hI2aAYk
ScouseMouse180: Yeah I never thought I'd get round to playing Bloodborne and a bunch of other exclusives cos I have an Xbox One so I couldn't justify buying a really expensive console just to play 4-5 games that aren't on Xbox, but my girlfriend has went and done it now.

I really liked DS2, I agree I don't understand why it gets all the hate. It is a bit different from DS1 and people don't like change but then if anything DS3 is even MORE different than 1 and 2. I enjoyed that there were quite a few more bright and beautiful areas rather than EVERYTHING being really dark. But yeah I played the Scholar of the First Sin version and really enjoyed it... I must say my enjoyment levels dropped a little when I got to the Old Iron King DLC lol cos some of that was just ridiculous. The Fume Knight is a nightmare and even reaching the boss room for the Blue Smelter Demon is a joke.

Nope, not played Demon Souls yet, mostly cos as far as I know it's the hardest one to find a way to play. I never had a PS3 and now I have a PS4 but it isn't backwards compatible.
Personally, I think I like the cast of characters in DS2 best, overall. I also really liked the bonfire ascetic mechanic -- so much potential, I still don't understand why they completely scrapped it for DS3. DS2 does have some legitimate flaws, but so does DS1 or any game of the series really. It's a shame that people just jump on the hate bandwagon and completely ignore all the positive aspects of DS2 or DS3. I think there's a bit of elitism involved, especially as DS1 was the first Souls game for many fans of the series, as it wasn't platform exclusive like Demon's Souls.

The Fume Knight was... Fun! Hah hah. At least they provided us with a bonfire right next to the boss arena, so that made it much less frustrating.

I think I heard of a re-release or something of Demon's Souls. Is it available via Sony's digital store? There's also an emulator for PS3 games, but apparently it is still very inefficient.

When you're done with the Souls series, you could also give Nioh a try. ( If you haven't gone hollow by then. :) )
I went to Insomnia on Saturday, the UK's biggest gaming festival and wanted to try making my first ever vlog.

Sadly Insomnia was far too loud to vlog inside so here's a mini vlog/highlights of it all

BONUS GIVEAWAY!

I picked up a present at Insomnia for the viewers... be the first person to guess what it is and it's all your's

I'm not totally harsh... the prize is shown on one of the stalls in THIS video and it's something very fitting for the channel/related to games a lot of us like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuLI4N1s6Lw
Got some more body shattering Superhot for you

Tonight we find out a lot more about this sinister story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efI8MROYQ-8
ScouseMouse180: Yeah I never thought I'd get round to playing Bloodborne and a bunch of other exclusives cos I have an Xbox One so I couldn't justify buying a really expensive console just to play 4-5 games that aren't on Xbox, but my girlfriend has went and done it now.

CharlesGrey: Personally, I think I like the cast of characters in DS2 best, overall. I also really liked the bonfire ascetic mechanic -- so much potential, I still don't understand why they completely scrapped it for DS3. DS2 does have some legitimate flaws, but so does DS1 or any game of the series really. It's a shame that people just jump on the hate bandwagon and completely ignore all the positive aspects of DS2 or DS3. I think there's a bit of elitism involved, especially as DS1 was the first Souls game for many fans of the series, as it wasn't platform exclusive like Demon's Souls.

The Fume Knight was... Fun! Hah hah. At least they provided us with a bonfire right next to the boss arena, so that made it much less frustrating.

I think I heard of a re-release or something of Demon's Souls. Is it available via Sony's digital store? There's also an emulator for PS3 games, but apparently it is still very inefficient.

When you're done with the Souls series, you could also give Nioh a try. ( If you haven't gone hollow by then. :) )
Yeah I quite like the fact that all 3 Dark Souls games have fairly big noticable differences, and all 3 of them are great in different ways. Yeah the bonfire right next to Fume Knight definitely made it a little less painful... they weren't so kind with the run to the Blue Smelter Demon!

I'll have to have a look and see if Demon Souls is available on the Sony store, I've heard people say they think it's the hardest of them all, would you go along with that? Ahh yeah I've been recommended Nioh once I finish with Dark Souls, I wanna give that a go, but Bloodborne is up first
Dark Souls 3 is back and it's another painful one. On the bright side though, I discovered the ultimate cheese so now you can all find out a super easy way to kill a tough mini boss :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zHq0eWVBaU
ScouseMouse180: Yeah I quite like the fact that all 3 Dark Souls games have fairly big noticable differences, and all 3 of them are great in different ways. Yeah the bonfire right next to Fume Knight definitely made it a little less painful... they weren't so kind with the run to the Blue Smelter Demon!

I'll have to have a look and see if Demon Souls is available on the Sony store, I've heard people say they think it's the hardest of them all, would you go along with that? Ahh yeah I've been recommended Nioh once I finish with Dark Souls, I wanna give that a go, but Bloodborne is up first
I think Dark Souls 3 could be my favorite overall, as it has the best combat ( due to the addition of charge moves and weapon arts ), it's much more up to date than the old games, and it has a great game world, with lots of little Dark Souls 1 & 2 references. However, I didn't like the characters quite as much in DS2, the soundtrack isn't as memorable as in Demon's Souls and DS1, and I wish they would have kept the bonfire ascetic feature. That's why I find it hard to pick a favorite, because they all have some flaws, but also their own strengths. That said, I love how the final DS3 DLC ties it all together, not just the story of DS3, but the entire series. With that in mind, I feel like it doesn't really matter which game of the series is better or worse, because it all feels like one long, epic adventure.

Anyhow, as for Demon's Souls, I like to think of it as a rough diamond. From Soft had a unique vision, and Demon's Souls is their uncompromising take on that vision. That means it arguably stands out even more, when compared to modern AAA games, but it also doesn't feel as refined as its sequels/spiritual successors. It's actually easier than Dark Souls in some ways, because you can cheese the hell out of most boss fights and many regular opponents. On the other hand, the game is also much more punishing and unforgiving when you screw up. Just to give you an example: In Dark Souls 1 you can ask the pardoner to forgive you for your sins, when you accidentally attack an important NPC. In DS2 and 3 you can even revive them/interact with their grave stones if you killed them. In Demon's Souls? If you kill a blacksmith or important trader, they're gone for good. You just made the game a lot harder on yourself -- Good luck! Also, did you get used to the convenience of bonfires in the Dark Souls games? Demon's Souls doesn't really have those. You only unlock a checkpoint/warp point when you defeat a boss. You can still unlock shortcuts in some areas, but generally you'll have to overcome longer distances to reach the boss of an area again if you die.

If some of that sounds negative, let me add that I still think it's a great game, and absolutely worth playing for anyone who got hooked on this remarkable series. Demon's Souls has the most original ( sometimes weird ) soundtrack of the series, almost every boss fight is unique in some way, and it has some rather iconic characters such as the Maiden in Black, or the first appearance of "Patches". And there's just something about the atmosphere of the game... It's the shortest of the series, too, but that makes it well suited for multiple playthroughs.
Post edited August 29, 2018 by CharlesGrey
deleted