It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's UNDERTALE time!

Today we get to laugh at Papyrus setting us some puzzles and failing miserably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwgJF9UXLIc
Here ya go Mintee

Who doesn't enjoy watching someone take a battering from some Balder Knights?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAYqZhsDSPw
Gede: I can see why Dark Souls has this reputation... Quite annoying having to restart the level.

I think I will stay away from it. I don't see any reward making it worth all the aggravation it causes.
ScouseMouse180: I can see how some people might feel that way. It can be very annoying at times for sure, but I still find it really fun.

I'm learning quickly it's definitely a lot more about strategy, and figuring out the specific tactics to beat baddies or bosses. Most games like this you can just charge in and bash buttons, heal yourself a bit and you're alright, but there's none of that in Dark Souls, and because of that you get a great sense of achievement when you finally manage to kill a tough boss or whatever.

So each time you die, there's usually something you can learn from it, something you'll do different next time etc. But yeah you HAVE to have patience to be able to play this game imo, I can very easily imagine how some people would rage quit and not go near it again within an hour of starting the game.

If you don't fancy going through all that pain though, you can always watch me do it :p
Well, yes, I don't entirely disagree with you. But you can only learn through trial and error. It does not seem to reward intelligence or planning. There are a lot of games like that. I remember playing Rick Dangerous. It was fun and had character, but starting from the beginning... oh so frustrating! Eventually I found better games to play.

I'm afraid that Dark Souls is dressed too much as an RPG, and delivers too little of that.

BTW, how many games are you playing now?
ScouseMouse180: I can see how some people might feel that way. It can be very annoying at times for sure, but I still find it really fun.

I'm learning quickly it's definitely a lot more about strategy, and figuring out the specific tactics to beat baddies or bosses. Most games like this you can just charge in and bash buttons, heal yourself a bit and you're alright, but there's none of that in Dark Souls, and because of that you get a great sense of achievement when you finally manage to kill a tough boss or whatever.

So each time you die, there's usually something you can learn from it, something you'll do different next time etc. But yeah you HAVE to have patience to be able to play this game imo, I can very easily imagine how some people would rage quit and not go near it again within an hour of starting the game.

If you don't fancy going through all that pain though, you can always watch me do it :p
Gede: Well, yes, I don't entirely disagree with you. But you can only learn through trial and error. It does not seem to reward intelligence or planning. There are a lot of games like that. I remember playing Rick Dangerous. It was fun and had character, but starting from the beginning... oh so frustrating! Eventually I found better games to play.

I'm afraid that Dark Souls is dressed too much as an RPG, and delivers too little of that.

BTW, how many games are you playing now?
Hey Gede,

Yeah I can totally understand how it's not a game for everyone.

As for how many games I'm playing... well the final episode of The Lion King goes up tonight at 8pm (UK time) and after that I'll only have 2 games on the go, Dark Souls and Undertale. I upload daily on my channel and like to have a bit of variety, it keeps it interesting for the viewers I hope and it keeps it interesting for me too, I don't really like sticking to just 1 game (whether I'm playing on camera or not).

I tend to have either 3 or 4 games on the go at any one time. I've got a little Halloween/horror series planned for near the end of October though so I might hold off on starting any new games until after that.

On another note... I recorded 2 more episodes of Dark Souls today and god I love this game! I honestly can't remember the last time I've played a game for the first time and enjoyed it this much where I just don't wanna stop playing it. Might have to go back as far as Oblivion when I had that feeling.

I won't spoiler the episodes too much, but they went pretty well, it was nice to make some solid progress and not be stuck on something for ages and I managed to take down another boss. Can't wait to play some more.
The Lion King finale is here

Watch me take down Scar once and for all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ybfABl_fpM
Hey Gede, I've just realised I totally forgot about another game I'm playing, I'm also in the middle of one of my childhood favourites, a GOG classic, Little Big Adventure.

So now that The Lion King is out the way, and I recorded the final episode of Sonic Mania today, I have 3 games on the go and I'll be sticking with that until after Halloween
Collecting a shopping list of goodies tonight before heading off to war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GQh5A2I1sM
ScouseMouse180: On another note... I recorded 2 more episodes of Dark Souls today and god I love this game! I honestly can't remember the last time I've played a game for the first time and enjoyed it this much where I just don't wanna stop playing it. Might have to go back as far as Oblivion when I had that feeling.
Well, I'm glad you are enjoying it.
I think I'll play Spelunky instead.
ScouseMouse180: On another note... I recorded 2 more episodes of Dark Souls today and god I love this game! I honestly can't remember the last time I've played a game for the first time and enjoyed it this much where I just don't wanna stop playing it. Might have to go back as far as Oblivion when I had that feeling.
Gede: Well, I'm glad you are enjoying it.
I think I'll play Spelunky instead.
Just had a look at that Spelunky and it looks really cool, I really like the style of artwork. I'd never heard of it, I'm useless at keeping up to date with the latest cool games (which is probably a reallly bad trait in a Youtuber lol)

Sonic turns into a teeny weeny baby Sonic in this level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab1GL9c9zIE
Post edited October 11, 2017 by ScouseMouse180
Join me tonight for some doggy dangers in Undertale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODkOYCjzUwA
ScouseMouse180: Just had a look at that Spelunky and it looks really cool, I really like the style of artwork. I'd never heard of it, I'm useless at keeping up to date with the latest cool games (which is probably a reallly bad trait in a Youtuber lol)
I consider it a new version of the Rick Dangerous I mentioned before. ;-)

I'm still a bit stuck on the early 2000's games. We have nice games now, nicer still, but I don't think they have the same "soul".
ScouseMouse180: Just had a look at that Spelunky and it looks really cool, I really like the style of artwork. I'd never heard of it, I'm useless at keeping up to date with the latest cool games (which is probably a reallly bad trait in a Youtuber lol)
Gede: I consider it a new version of the Rick Dangerous I mentioned before. ;-)

I'm still a bit stuck on the early 2000's games. We have nice games now, nicer still, but I don't think they have the same "soul".
Lol I'm stuck way further back than the 2000s ;) Apart from Undertale and Darksouls, I think every single game I've ever played on my channel is from either the 80s or the 90s.

I agree, I know I sound like an old fogey but I dunno why they have to make all of the changes they do, like I was chatting to some people the other day about FF7 (and the upcoming remake) and they were saying that it's basically a must that they change the soundtrack. That makes no sense to me, imo FF7 is pretty clear and away the best game soundtrack ever made, possibly you could update it a little so it's not MIDI sound but use the same music, it's already been played by an orchestra, but I bet that soundtrack gets ditched.

I guarantee the new FF7 will be unrecognisable other than the character names, such a shame, I'd be happy with the same game, same music, same story, turn based fighting, same materia system, but just jazz up the graphics a bit, and the backgrounds aren't even that bad, it's mainly just the horrible character graphics lol, but I really think we're gonna get none of that, it'll be be totally different and a disaster.

I really don't know what it is, maybe it's 'soul' like you say, but I used to care about characters in games etc, now in modern games, I'm just going through the motions and I couldn't care less about the characters in most games.
ScouseMouse180: it's basically a must that they change the soundtrack
I could understand arguments about maybe there being gameplay changes or something like that, but why would somebody want the music changed? Just do modern arrangements with real instruments and maybe extend the loops a little but keep the same basic melody.

I don't think I've ever heard of people wanting the soundtrack changed for a remake, outside of being updated. That just seems bizarre.
ScouseMouse180: it's basically a must that they change the soundtrack
saldite: I could understand arguments about maybe there being gameplay changes or something like that, but why would somebody want the music changed? Just do modern arrangements with real instruments and maybe extend the loops a little but keep the same basic melody.

I don't think I've ever heard of people wanting the soundtrack changed for a remake, outside of being updated. That just seems bizarre.
Yeah it was on a FF7 subreddit (surprisingly cos I thought people there would be vv strong in favour of changing nothing). The thought process was, this game is gonna be totally different, different fighting style, very different feel to the game, therefore the original music won't fit that new style anymore.

====================================

The blind playthrough of Dark Souls continues and this time I felt like I was on fire! Very few deaths and made some solid progress. Finally felt like I was starting to understand how the game works!

No doubt it'll put a stop to me thinking that soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3odt-Ee8aE
An attack on Funfrock's factory in the Hamalayia mountains leaves us face first in the snow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FcBgBtK8Co