It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Maybe the OP can ask a blue to close this thread before,if not already it gets out of hand.
Tauto: Maybe the OP can ask a blue to close this thread before,if not already it gets out of hand.
I'm guessing that was sarcasm...?
low rated
Tauto: Maybe the OP can ask a blue to close this thread before,if not already it gets out of hand.
Wishbone: I'm guessing that was sarcasm...?
No,just Aussie humor:)
low rated
Breja: I don't care about being on anyone's shitlist, I'm sure I'll be on plenty of people's even after the trolls are all banned. What I do care about is not seeing things like these anymore. And this is just a sample, I can't attach more to one post.
RWarehall: So you are claiming to be such an outstanding citizen, supporting Vain and his Misogyny, Transphobic, Racist neo-Nazi Stormfront insults as you call out a whole bunch of forum members in this post, call me out in a thread you joined just to insult me and continue to insult me here. You've called many people names in threads from Marvel fanboy to worse, as well as butted into many other discussions to do the same, but somehow think you are "entitled" to call anyone out you wish. Explain to me how you aren't selectively going after your personal enemies again?
Really? This is what you pick to attack me for? Directing attention at people who are literally calling others "subhuman animals" and saying they support Breivik's attack? Really? That's who you want to defend? That's the hill you want to die on?

I know you hate me with a passion, and I really don't care. I have no intention to even dignify your continued attack's on me with a rebuttal. But please, PLEASE, try to let go of that hatred for just a moment, and see what you are doing.

You don't have to like me, or respect me. But surely if you have any decency you want people like that gone from here just as much as I do, as anyone who wants this to be the place it once was.

RWarehall: I have not used foul language since the new moderation regime,
I am sincerely happy to hear that and to see that the moderation is having such results already. As long as you keep to that I promise not to call you out for your past behaviour and I hope we can just ignore one another in a civil manner.
Post edited February 28, 2017 by Breja
Breja: snip
Yes! I'm calling you out for your continued attempts to get others booted from the forum. Do you even get the point of this thread? That there is a new policy people are expected to follow. But the holier-than-thou Vainamoinen and Breja aren't satisfied with that...nope both of you think it has to be taken further and continue to lobby for bans for their own personal enemies creating a hostile environment. Vain is linking posts from 2015 and leaving out all his posts calling everyone under the sun misogynists for having an opinion which disagrees with his. You are posting old posts demanding a ban.

You two are the one's who don't seem to get it. You two cannot accept how you have been a big part of the problem.

And both of you two have been extremely abusive to others for years...pot...kettle...black...
Vainamoinen: That's what you did to me, unprovoked, right here, and you were of course the starting point. This is your copyright strike on Breja for your own practices. No one even mentioned you. Before yesterday, I hadn't even mentioned you since last year, and back then only after the same personal assault you eagerly rendered in this thread.
Unprovoked? I suggest you look at your own posts. You are the one crying about all the misogynist, xenophobic Nazis you want to be banned...

I rightly pointed out how your speech is every bit as much divisive as those you are complaining about...

Besides, no one cares about your stupid file filled of misinformation. There is a reason you left out the context for every post (summarizing it with how everyone was right but me). Everyone can go back and read the inflammatory posts by you and others calling everyone misogynists and worse in lieu any any decent argument...
low rated
I'm all for neglecting transgressions from way back when. I only ever need to unpack archived shit from two years ago when others attack me out of the blue on the basis of old massively fictionalized war wounds from those same two years ago, which basically only one person on this forum even does.

I'm also not "lobbying" for any particular ban (though, to be honest, that's probably because Fable's first picks were in no way misplaced). That of course means that Tauto and Kleetus can stop their theatrical whining about having their families insulted in mere 'yo momma' style while dealing out abuse themselves that's based on actual, personal, real-life family and medical history.

Clean new start goes for everyone, including myself. Of course, if you post homophobic manifestos on the forum directly after the clean new start, you should be fucked. Can we agree on that. Thank you.
low rated
My post announcing what day it is got low rated.

Oh yeah, no problems here. :P

Let me know when this gets cleaned up. My friends here know where to fine me. :D
Post edited February 28, 2017 by tinyE
Reading through this thread I recalled that on another forum (of completely different website) the moderators were able to move posts from one thread to another. They were also able to move a thread from one forum (um, group of threads?) to another. And, they sometimes created a new thread then moved the posts from a previous thread into it.

All of that was done for managing obvious derailments of a thread. Also, it enabled a way to lock (if it eventually came to that...) a different thread than the original thread that might have gotten derailed by a different, um, "discussion" emerging within it. I mean it wouldn't necessarily have to be an argument, but even it was an argument then it could be given the opportunity to be worked out separately and without drawing in (as many) extra participants to such a tangent. In fact, sometimes the participants of the side-discussion would make the request of having their posts shifted out of thread into their own for continuing it separately.

I'm getting the impression moderators on this forum don't have the means for doing such rearrangements of posts, threads, forum (er, groups of threads?), etcetera? I mean, I haven't noticed any such rearrangements in the GOG forum. In my mind, that's what I expect a moderator would be helping to do: keeping things organized. That in itself would help keep threads from getting excessively long from rapid-fire responses to triggered tangents, while maintaining a greater relevancy for threads. I mean, it'd be easier to skim through a thread of posts not having to skip over lengthy unrelated discussions or arguments (and especially without a means for hide/show of posts, threads, etc.). Admittedly, the OP of a thread generally were expected to call for help (or for advice) when needed rather than the moderators having to read everything, though I got the impression it was still a lot of work for the moderators.
Post edited February 28, 2017 by thomq
tinyE: Let me know when this gets cleaned up. My friends here know where to fine me. :D
Can you tell me where to fine you? Because I could use some extra pocket change! ;)

Edit: When making fun of someone's typo, try not to leave a glaring typo in the very same post.
Post edited February 28, 2017 by Bookwyrm627
Bookwyrm627: Edit: When making fun of someone's typo, try not to leave a glaring typo in the very same post.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry's_law
Too true.
low rated
thomq: moderators on this forum
Hah! That was a good one. :)

tinyE: My post announcing what day it is got low rated.
Well, I mean, it's factually incorrect today, isn't it. Contains outdated information. Surely members have the right to downvote gross misinformation like that.
low rated
In the meanwhile, let's keep this as a symbol of the issue of gog forums and their subculture.

People want to know what's the dea with gog, check its community, get a taste of it ? Well, they see this downrated by the local population.

"Ah, it's that kind of place ?"

Guess what sort of people stay, and what sort of people shrug and leave ? Well yes, that's the point. It plays a bigger normative (and identifying) role than the content of a formal "code of conduct" somewhere. Good luck with that, GOG...
Attachments:
gog2017.jpg (31 Kb)
Telika: In the meanwhile, let's keep this as a symbol of the issue of gog forums and their subculture.

People want to know what's the dea with gog, check its community, get a taste of it ? Well, they see this downrated by the local population.

"Ah, it's that kind of place ?"

Guess what sort of people stay, and what sort of people shrug and leave ? Well yes, that's the point. It plays a bigger normative (and identifying) role than the content of a formal "code of conduct" somewhere. Good luck with that, GOG...
Funny because the post you link which you show as low-rated and claims has something to do with attitudes on the forum is nothing but name-calling. I'm not surprised that someone might downvote that post especially given the way Vain seems to call EVERYTHING problematic names. So let me guess Milo is misogynistic and Islamophobic because Breitbart?

Maybe you can explain to me why the code-of-conduct somehow enables you and Vain and many others to call everyone and everything misogynists, Islamophobes, Nazis, racists, xenophobes? Why? Because you see it everywhere and think you are right? You clearly do not see your name-calling as part of the problem...

So, I agree with you. Posts like that and your support of them do make the forum look bad (just not in the way you think).