It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Real treasure can't stay buried for long.

Are you guys interested in digging up a mother lode of charm, engaging spelunking and precious fun? Then make sure to grab your pickaxe and come to El Machino - it's where all the steampunk/western action is these days! A band of reviewers has been going at it ever since Steamworld Dig 2 was released last week and they're having a blast. Here's what we've heard them saying, all flustered from the gold rush and covered in sparkling dirt.

"There's an overwhelming sense of momentum that runs through the adventure; as if developer Image & Form sifted the original in a pan, removing its redundancies while expanding upon what made it so fun to persistently play. [...] Where the first game was a diamond in the rough, Dig 2 is a polished jewel."9/10 Gamespot

"SteamWorld Dig 2 retains the original’s addictive resource-gathering gameplay, but supplements it with a gorgeously detailed, handcrafted world. Its heady mix of exploration, combat, platforming, and puzzle solving, alongside an expansive set of abilities and mods gives it plenty of variety and a great gameplay rhythm.8.8/10 IGN

"SteamWorld Dig 2 fairly pours on the secrets and the optional caves ripe for exploring. Some of its best puzzles lurk far from the main path, and there are even a range of artefacts to find and return to town in exchange for exotic gadget blueprints."Recommended - Eurogamer

Steamworld Dig 2 is now available for purchase, DRM-Free on GOG.com
The game comes with GOG Galaxy cloud saves support.
Dig it or not, you are going to dig a lot with this, or something like that.
I'm not a fan of Gamespotl but the quote above is pure poetry.
I'm playing it right now, and it's fantastic. Worth every cent I've paid.
Post edited September 27, 2017 by seppelfred
Already 100%-ed it over the weekend. Pretty good stuff.

I was hoping for better extra "content", which turned out to be merely extra hard (finnicky and frustrating) platforming sections in which some of your upgrades are taken away. I didn't bother with it because it just wasn't much fun and in counter to the spirit of the rest of the game.
Post edited September 27, 2017 by mistermumbles
Adding review(s):

Gamekult https://www.gamekult.com/jeux/steamworld-dig-2-3050865027/test.html
FYI 7/10 is pretty decent already and the subtitle means "does almost everything better"
I'm quite confident that Steamworld Dig 2 deserves the praise it gets, I already liked the first one a lot. Still, "Review Roundup" is kind of a fishy news item category. If I want a trustworthy review roundup, I wouldn't expect it from the same party who has an interest in selling the game to me, even if it's GOG. Just saying. ;)
Post edited September 28, 2017 by Leroux
This was a fantastic follow-up to the original! Finished with nearly 100%!

However, I will say that the bonus levels at the end of the game are extremely hard. Brace yourself.