It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rolling with the punches.

The summer is on its way out, most people's holidays are behind them and what we needed right now is something exciting, punchy, and awfully addictive to get ourselves sorted.

That's Absolver in a nutshell.

Since yesterday's release, we've been roaming the servers getting beaten to a pulp, learning new moves the hard way, then returning the favor. We're not alone either - everybody is kung-fu fighting and some kids out there are definitely fast as lightning.
Thinking of joining or challenging them? The reviews are in, and they say that you totally should.

"There's no other game quite like Absolver. Parisian indie developer, Sloclap, has defined it as an online melee action game, which is appropriate but doesn't quite tell the whole story. Dig a little deeper and you'll uncover an intriguing marriage between 3D fighting games, deck builders, and online open-world RPGs, with a broad spectrum of influences ranging from Tekken, to Dark Souls, God Hand, and even Journey."8/10 Gamespot

"That tone is, above all else, focused. Directed. Though ambitious, Absolver doesn’t let itself get caught up in trying to shove in too many details or make things too complicated. It’s about one thing — proving your hand-to-hand skills by beating up other “prospects” — and it does that one thing incredibly well."8.5/10 Polygon

"Absolver is a game about mastery. Even exploring its pastel-colored, hauntingly quiet world becomes second nature as you play - the three main areas, each overlapping and folding back on themselves, eventually feel like a second home. You can only see a simple map - a stripped back overview of the three zones and its central hub - at rest points called shrines, but the real map is the one you create in your mind as you explore Absolver’s fallen empire, kicking people in the head as you go."8/10 PCGamesN

Get Absolver now with a GOG-exclusive bonus: a copy of Furi for free.

The game supports crossplay between GOG and Steam players.
Post edited August 31, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
Okay...game is awesome but i need more offline content.
So,open more items,boss and world to soloers.

I'm not against online only content (I play Conan Exiles and Citadel:Forged with Fire on Steam) but...I HATE TO PLAY WITH PEOPLE!!!
I'm happy alone and dislike to have to deal with assholes.
high rated
You seem to have forgotten several of the lower scores.
Reglisse: Okay...game is awesome but i need more offline content.

I'm not against online only content (I play Conan Exiles and Citadel:Forged with Fire on Steam) but...I HATE TO PLAY WITH PEOPLE!!!
In this I'm with you, I'm enjoying the game a lot, but it need offline content so badly, it's pretty empty after a while.

About the online if you didn't try it, the community is pretty nice, and there isn't any chat or voice over ip (so you don't have to worry about people being an asshole or whatever) and everyone has a good behaviour.
Post edited August 31, 2017 by CarbonSeed
Smannesman: You seem to have forgotten several of the lower scores.
Don't come on a store for objective opinions on the games sold there. :P
Smannesman: You seem to have forgotten several of the lower scores.
What did you expect ? This thread was sponsored by Devolver Digital . I don't understand this kind of hype if the game sells well .
Post edited August 31, 2017 by Painted_Doll
Painted_Doll: This thread was sponsored by Devolver Digital .
This and the 5 other news posts and updates withing the last 6 weeks to hype the game.

This is the very reason why I detest multiplayer, LAN/Co-op great, but fuck relying on a third party utility in order to play a game!

Totally agree with you. I don't like to be forced to play with other people i don't want to play. It's even more sad when a game is perfectly playable single player or Coop.

As a note, it's "funny" how Devolver added an extra paragraph to the game description just for GOG (a paragraph that doesn't exist on the Steam's store page despite all the rest being the same word by word):

"Offline Single-Player Experience Available: Journey on an adventure that will take you from Prospect to Absolver in an exciting campaign, available both online and offline. The single-player mode pits you, and you alone, against lost Prospects and legendary warriors in the ruins of the Adal empire - complete with all content, free of interactions and encounters with other players."

But game is region locked for MP and SP seems to be "heavily dependent" on online grind and then you are not "you, and you alone" :P

Disappointed.
Post edited September 01, 2017 by Kakarot96

Kakarot96: Totally agree with you. I don't like to be forced to play with other people i don't want to play. It's even more sad when a game is perfectly playable single player or Coop.

As a note, it's "funny" how Devolver added an extra paragraph to the game description just for GOG (a paragraph that doesn't exist on the Steam's store page despite all the rest being the same word by word):

"Offline Single-Player Experience Available: Journey on an adventure that will take you from Prospect to Absolver in an exciting campaign, available both online and offline. The single-player mode pits you, and you alone, against lost Prospects and legendary warriors in the ruins of the Adal empire - complete with all content, free of interactions and encounters with other players."

But game is region locked for MP and SP seems to be "heavily dependent" on online grind and then you are not "you, and you alone" :P

Disappointed.
Couldn't agree more with the both of you.

I really hope they will do something about PVE, I hate to be forced to play against others for so much, just to unlock loot etcetera :/
Kakarot96: Totally agree with you. I don't like to be forced to play with other people i don't want to play. It's even more sad when a game is perfectly playable single player or Coop.

Disappointed.
Gurlok: Couldn't agree more with the both of you.

I really hope they will do something about PVE, I hate to be forced to play against others for so much, just to unlock loot etcetera :/
They definitely need to do something with the PVE mode of the game
Gurlok: Couldn't agree more with the both of you.

CarbonSeed: They definitely need to do something with the PVE mode of the game
Will they do though?
CarbonSeed: They definitely need to do something with the PVE mode of the game
Gurlok: Will they do though?
If they are a good developers they must to hear their community (if there are many people complaining about the same thing) so we'll see
Gurlok: Will they do though?
CarbonSeed: If they are a good developers they must to hear their community (if there are many people complaining about the same thing) so we'll see
There is already a lot of people complaining about it. If not only you are forced to grind online, but you have looong waits for loading a 1vs1 game match and also now there are cheaters on those online matches (more and more each day, it seems), well, they need to do something.

I have read a lot of reviews and seen a lot of gameplays, and apart from crashing bugs, the main problem is that link between offline/online gameplay. As people is saying, offline is just a big tuto for going online. It is too short and for "advancing" (ie fight the same boss/bosses again with different cinematics) you need to grind a lot online to be able to level up.

I am not sure if the are goint to do something about it. They are fixing and they will probably add something to counter cheaters, but if the game is done just to do online fights and there are no more bots to fight offline, there is little they can do now. Adding another campaign with more AI bots is probably too much work at this point. Maybe for a DLC if they sell enough, i don't know.

I am going to say that "offline" is just marketing for attract buyers. There is no offline in this game, really. It's just like a lot of online games that have a offline tuto and nothing more, because a proper offline part needs a good AI, a map, locations, a story...so you just make some bots and the rest is online and you call it offline/online game. No, not really, imho.
Kakarot96: I am going to say that "offline" is just marketing for attract buyers. There is no offline in this game, really. It's just like a lot of online games that have a offline tuto and nothing more, because a proper offline part needs a good AI, a map, locations, a story...so you just make some bots and the rest is online and you call it offline/online game. No, not really, imho.
Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament come to mind.
The single-player mode was just the maps with good bots and it worked well.
Of course all the content was available offline including multi-player since both games had proper LAN / direct IP options - unlike Absolver - which also made them future-proof.

BTW: Does Galaxy do authentication checks / need to be connected to an account or is the game more or less DRM-free although relying on some master server?
Post edited September 04, 2017 by Klumpen0815