It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

oigroig: i'm italian,ask me everything
AlKim: What do you people think of Berlusconi?
The italians I met dont talk nice about him.
Silverio13: what nation is a gog nation? I mean... Why the USA user thinks gog is USA?
Well, GOG owners are in Poland, are they not? Hence anyone who's not from Poland here is just a filthy foreigner.

What?
AlKim: What do you people think of Berlusconi?
Silverio13: The italians I met dont talk nice about him.
Maybe because he is an embarassment to the entire country.
Leroux: I've never heard that one before and wouldn't have believed it if not for the absence of protest from US GOG members here. So is it actually a fact? If so, how come?
timppu: I haven't performed empirical studies, my knowledge comes mainly from this piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLGcqPE7xu0
Heh, it turns out it was just a personal gap in education. My friends knew about it all along because of novels they read or US movies and TV series like Seinfeld etc. That's what you get for concentrating too much on games and neglecting your daily dose of TV and literature, thank you GOG! :P

(Would be interesting to find a game that even marginally treats this topic ... :D )
Post edited September 14, 2011 by Leroux
Silverio13: The italians I met dont talk nice about him.
Bonobo_Power: Maybe because he is an embarassment to the entire country.
As an American, this is all I know of him. He is a very rich Prime Minister of Italy and has kinky sex orgies with beautiful women young enough to be his grand daughter. He promotes beautiful women that he sleeps with to government positions. He would make any Roman Emporer proud. I wouldn't mind being invited to one of his parties, LOL.
oigroig: actually no,there are other things that make you dumb

no free healthcare for example,death penalty(more expensive that put people in jail),no restriction in gun laws

please,also you have to get rid of your oligarchy
Whoa there bud, I was being amusing and you turned into elitism. It's not like Italy is flawless either.
Leroux: Heh, it turns out it was just a personal gap in education.
I learned something else, like the Penn&Teller episode I linked said right in the beginning that about 60% of new-born male babies in US are circumcised. So it isn't quite "almost all" as I claimed earlier, maybe the percentage has gone down lately or something.

I think I confused it with that some parents fear their children will be picked on if they are not circumcised, which kinda let me to think that being born in US and uncircumcised is a rare occurence. May depend on where in the US you were born and your socio-economical status, or whatever.

But enough of dicks, the subject disgusts me.
Folks from Greenland & Iceland!

Do you call your countries something different in your native language(s), something more accurate that what English-speaking folks call them? Iceland is full of greenery, Greenland is full of ice...why don't your countries just swap names? ;-)
ChaunceyK: Folks from Greenland & Iceland!

Do you call your countries something different in your native language(s), something more accurate that what English-speaking folks call them? Iceland is full of greenery, Greenland is full of ice...why don't your countries just swap names? ;-)
Greenland used to be green in the Middle Ages.
Until it thaws again, I couldn't care less about "global warming". :)
I read about a delicacy in Iceland where they take a shark and bury it for a longtime for preservation and then dig it up months later and eat it. Is this dish still common in Iceland or is it just in the history books? Has anyone tried this dish? How does it taste?
grviper: Greenland used to be green in the Middle Ages.
I see, thank you. And what of Iceland?
ChaunceyK: I see, thank you. And what of Iceland?
Actually Greenland's name has a completely different and much more interesting origin - it is an example of very early marketing. When Erik the Red built the first settlement he called it Greenland in hope to attract more settlers. Wikipedia source, Erik the Reds saga (the south of Greenland is quite green during the summer, by the way, not only during the middle ages....)

Iceland is not so interesting, it is not the first name given to the island, but a man called Flóki Vilgerðarson came there during a winter, spotted some icebergs drifting and aptly named it Iceland - the name seem to stuck. (also a wikipedia source if interested)
Post edited September 19, 2011 by amok
oigroig: actually no,there are other things that make you dumb

no free healthcare for example,death penalty(more expensive that put people in jail),no restriction in gun laws

please,also you have to get rid of your oligarchy
StingingVelvet: Whoa there bud, I was being amusing and you turned into elitism. It's not like Italy is flawless either.
e.g. *cough*prosecuting geologists*cough*
ChaunceyK: Folks from Greenland & Iceland!

Until it thaws again, I couldn't care less about "global warming". :)
You should, because most of the places we do farming are getting fucked up. It may be fairly easy to get corn to grow but berry bushes and fruit/nut trees are a bitch. And unless you only like zucchini and potatoes (which will pretty much grow anywhere), you'll probably want to maintain some of the more sensible locations to grow other greens.
Post edited September 18, 2011 by orcishgamer
I have a question for South Africans. I know there are a few of you here, so show yourselves :P

If I want to go backpacking in South Africa, where's a good place to tour and visit locals without getting into trouble with militant groups?
I would like a little favor from some guys from the UK and couldn't think of any better place.

Here is the story: My girlfriend is a huge Laurie and Fry fan, so I wanted to buy her the "A bit of Fry and Laurie Complete DVD Box" (see here for example: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000I2IP2K). Unfortunately in german amazon is missing an age rating and therefore they will only send it in "special shipment", meaning identity control, I have to stay at home and 5€ extra to a price that's already 30% above the amazon.uk price. Now amazon.uk also doesn't want to deliver outside of UK. They say that their preferred merchant is not able to do so. All in all, hard to get my hands on this product so far.

Now the question: Since the series is originally from the UK, I would say that it probably can be bought from there best. Is there any good (trustworthy) online retailer (alternative to amazon) carrying TV series like the one mentioned above and shipping to the EU area?

Thanks for all replies!

P.S.
Okay, maybe ebay can help. Didn't think of them in the first place. However it's only good for buying single items since the seller varies all the times. I thought about buying several goodies that I always wanted and saving on shipment costs.
Post edited March 11, 2012 by Trilarion