It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Nameless Hero returns to GOG.com.

<span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, legendary open world RPGs return to GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span> are the two final (and increasingly greatest) entries in the overarching "Nameless Hero" saga of the vast, open-world RPG series. Whether you go a bit retro with the quirks of <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span>, or with <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, which still puts open world RPGs to shame, you're about to venture into a world that stands open before you, ready with its reaction to your every single action. Explore the land filled with nooks and crannies, side with whoever you want, destroy anyone, or don't, and deal with the consequences. If that's not enough for you - make sure to try <span class="bold">Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods</span> for more hours of adventure.

The Gothic series may not be perfect, but with years of community effort it gets darn near close. <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> can be modded up to modern standards with improved mouse controls, graphical updates, and various improvements - just check out our own forum thread on Gothic series patches, mods, and tweaks. <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span> had its share of issues at launch, but the immense Community Patch solves nearly every single one of them. The patch is incorporated into the GOG.com release!

Return to the DRM-free land of Myrtana in <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, available once more, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will end on Sunday, April 19, at 12:59 PM GMT.
Welcome back.

phaolo: Re-added games are always good news : )
I'm assuming you don't mean GOG's definition of "Good News!"(TM) right? :D
Lose Multilanguage support vs old retail version. Pls if gog.com can add them in some way...
Very, very nice to see this back.

Still, I didn't these leave the catalogue due to regional pricing shit? I guess that now that 1$ is starting to be 1€, they don't mind to bring them back. Will they leave again if the € goes back up?
Gothic 2 and 3 has Piranha Bytes as a publisher. They acquired those titles from Nordic or it's an error?
Nice to have these RPGs back in the fold where they belong. Let's keep getting more lost titles back while you fill the coffers with new ones!
P1na: Very, very nice to see this back.

Still, I didn't these leave the catalogue due to regional pricing shit? I guess that now that 1$ is starting to be 1€, they don't mind to bring them back. Will they leave again if the € goes back up?
They're back with Piranha so you should ask them about such things :)
vsr: Gothic 2 and 3 has Piranha Bytes as a publisher. They acquired those titles from Nordic or it's an error?
All is as designed :)
Post edited April 17, 2015 by JudasIscariot
P1na: Very, very nice to see this back.

Look at the publisher. It's not Nordic anymore.
Dray2k: Glad to see those two legendary games back. Thank you so much gog.com!

tinyE: Seriously 1 and 2 are MASTERPIECES! Never played #3 but I honestly doubt my PC will handle it but one day.....one day! :D
Dray2k: Gothic 3 is kind of a Skyrim meets Diablo/Torchlight.

The core gameplay is more akin to Diablo then it is to the Gothic series itself, yet its kinda similar to true open world gameplay without many restrictions and the story is a little bit odd.

Still, the freedom that Gothic 3 gives to you is almost unmatched. Its one of a few games where you actually have no real direction (even the story doesn't hand out any direction, its mostly running from one hint to another) and most quests are nothing than minor stepping stones for the big accompishments (which have almost nothing to do with the minor quests, you can basically play through the game by just killing good and evil).

Theres LOTS of minor stuff to do though. About 400 quests as far as I remember, not counting the ones from the user quest mod (which are basically canon because all they do is flesh out some plotholes between Gothic 2 and 3.)
You need the Community and Content and Quest Patches though or otherwise it is still a bit bland.

Gothic 3 is great, but it is its own great.

It also runs on late with a late 2004-spec PC. A single core 3 GHZ and a GeForce 8600 is enough to run it on medium greatly. If you ever find a PC that at least reaches these specs you should give it a try.
Well shit, then I must consider it. Thanks Dray. :D I don't mind different so long as the different is something I also love and your description is very very nice.
The Gothics are back, nice!

And I see Pirhana Bytes has publishing rights now. I hope this means that the full series will go on sale from now on (though strangely Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods does not partake in the Tower Bundle Promo), and not that the later games will follow the tradition of Gothic 1 that hardly ever goes on sale.

Anyone interested in them should probably get them now, just in case.
Grargar: Look at the publisher. It's not Nordic anymore.
Well, for the time being, I'll go "Yay!" on that
vsr: Gothic 2 and 3 has Piranha Bytes as a publisher. They acquired those titles from Nordic or it's an error?
JudasIscariot: All is as designed :)
Nice! :)
Congrats, Piranha Bytes!
Welcome back guys, welcome back...
JudasIscariot: They're back with Piranha so you should ask them about such things :)
All is as designed :)
Uhm, Fallout is gone again...
Welcome back my favorite series.
Great news! Hopefully more titles can be resurrected.