It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SCPM: http://games.on.net/2013/07/gearbox-cco-wanted-more-people-to-love-homeworld-the-same-way-as-i-have/
Another article from Games.on.net, they mention again that GOG.com will be receiving the original games.
That's heartening. Hopefully the comment is originally sourced and not just regurgitating what they wrote in the previous article (unless that instance is indeed authoritative). I choose to be optimistic in this case.
SCPM: http://games.on.net/2013/07/gearbox-cco-wanted-more-people-to-love-homeworld-the-same-way-as-i-have/
Another article from Games.on.net, they mention again that GOG.com will be receiving the original games.
Nice, I'm staying cautiously optimistic. (If Gearbox comes on board, perhaps we'd get Borderlands 1&2 [I don't know how much multiplayer and other Steam elements play into it, though], which would make the fans of new games very happy I'm sure.)

I'm wondering, though: do you GOG should pursue the HD remakes instead of the originals, unless Gearbox plans on making any serious changes in Homeworld HD? I'm just wondering, aside from DRM-free and perhaps a different price ($20 or $30 for remakes vs. 9.99 for each original+soundtrack?), why should GOG bring the originals? (I'm guessing Steam will have both the HD remakes and originals available.)
cool!

-------

here's another article (with some of the same quotes) but also mentions the competitors who tried to buy HW (Aspyr and Paradox)

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/23/4551528/gearbox-candidly-shares-story-of-homeworlds-acquisition?utm_source=GameAgent+News&utm_campaign=508a96b4f2-Weekly_Roundup_28&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_51457f1248-508a96b4f2-49093781
low rated
anjohl: Sometimes autocorrrect is just autocorrect.
JMich: And sometimes insulting the language of others while still failing the spelling undermines the effect of any arguments.
So, let's ignore your language mistakes (have you had a post without any mistakes so far?).

Let's start again then. Can you show me your source that the resources GOG is currently using to acquire older licenses is less than the resources GOG used 3 years ago? I never claimed GOG is using all of its resources to get old licenses, I claimed it's using more resources than it did 2 years ago. Feel free to present your arguments.

Oh, and let me point out post 52, where someone starts the "You don't understand me, get a dictionary". So no, if you wish to start insulting us, make sure you are infallible, and so far you've proven the opposite. Start argumenting as a rational being, and not one disconnected from reality, and I'll stop correcting your language failures. I'll stick to correcting your rational ones instead.
No, spelling mistakes are always extraneous to an argument, and of no concern, provided they do not impede the other parties ability to understand the language as intended. Pointing out spelling errors in an argument is as overt a submission as a martial artist tapping on the mat, or a samurai destroying their intestines with their own swords.

And I insulted nobody. The truth never does. I simply illustrated a basic math principle that if a company has X resources, and devotes X-Y to acquiring their primary business, but then decides to devote Z to new foreign ventures, that the resulting X-Y-Z MUST be lower than X-Y. This is plain, irrefutable logic, and any argument you have to pose relating to it has nothing to do with me or my argument, and everything to do with your uncivilized pride.
SCPM: ...
As you mentioned at some point earlier, Games.on.net is located in Austrailia, and PAX Melbourne recently occurred with Gearbox present there, so maybe Games.on.net has got some fresh information.

I guess they did some discussion and Q&A, and Homeworld was discussed. You or anyone else feel like taking some time out to view the hour-long video, and see what is said about Homeworld?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mdZ_yQVWoM
anjohl: I simply illustrated a basic math principle that if a company has X resources, and devotes X-Y to acquiring their primary business, but then decides to devote Z to new foreign ventures, that the resulting X-Y-Z MUST be lower than X-Y. This is plain, irrefutable logic, and any argument you have to pose relating to it has nothing to do with me or my argument, and everything to do with your uncivilized pride.
And that I never doubted. Read post 34 again. All I said was that the amount X that GOG had back in 2010 is less than the amount X GOG currently has. Read 34 again. GOG is currently dedicating more resources to bringing older games here than it did back in 2010. That is an observation deduced from the sources I posted above.

To illustrate again why your "truth" is wrong. You say that Europe has X amount of Car producing resources. If Greece (part of Europe) dedicates Y resources to mine for gold, Europe now has X-Y resources for car production. Greece doesn't have any car producing resources, so the resources dedicated to mining gold don't reduce Europe's car producing resources. In addition, Germany opens another car factory, and hires 5000 more workers. So while Greece decided to start mining for gold, Europe's car producing resources has increased.

Is the above example understandable? Does it also make sense? Is there a flaw in the logic of it?

P.S. I thank you for quoting me and not changing my words. That does show me that you are now trying to debate and dismiss me.
low rated
anjohl: I simply illustrated a basic math principle that if a company has X resources, and devotes X-Y to acquiring their primary business, but then decides to devote Z to new foreign ventures, that the resulting X-Y-Z MUST be lower than X-Y. This is plain, irrefutable logic, and any argument you have to pose relating to it has nothing to do with me or my argument, and everything to do with your uncivilized pride.
JMich: And that I never doubted. Read post 34 again. All I said was that the amount X that GOG had back in 2010 is less than the amount X GOG currently has. Read 34 again. GOG is currently dedicating more resources to bringing older games here than it did back in 2010. That is an observation deduced from the sources I posted above.

To illustrate again why your "truth" is wrong. You say that Europe has X amount of Car producing resources. If Greece (part of Europe) dedicates Y resources to mine for gold, Europe now has X-Y resources for car production. Greece doesn't have any car producing resources, so the resources dedicated to mining gold don't reduce Europe's car producing resources. In addition, Germany opens another car factory, and hires 5000 more workers. So while Greece decided to start mining for gold, Europe's car producing resources has increased.

Is the above example understandable? Does it also make sense? Is there a flaw in the logic of it?

P.S. I thank you for quoting me and not changing my words. That does show me that you are now trying to debate and dismiss me.
So you are putting forth that X2 > X1 despite (or because of) X-Y-Z/? I fail to see how that could be, given the almost unanimous preference expressed for good Old Games by the patrons here, the failure for these new games to hit the bestseller list, and gog's complete lack of competition in pricing.
anjohl: So you are putting forth that X2 > X1 despite (or because of) X-Y-Z/? I fail to see how that could be, given
the almost unanimous preference expressed for good Old Games by the patrons here, the failure for these new games to hit the bestseller list, and gog's complete lack of competition in pricing.
If X2 is current GOG resources dedicated to old games, and X1 is GOG resources dedicated to old games back in 2010, then yes, that is what I'm saying. That even though GOG is currently dedicating Y resources to new games, the resources they are using on getting older licenses are still more than they were a few years ago.
Whether the Y resources are spent wisely or not is a different subject, though FTL, Legend of Grimrock, To the Moon, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Gemini Rue, Divinity 2, Botanicula, Blackwell Bundle and Hotline Miami have sold pretty well (according to the Best Selling list at least).
And even though we have all those complains, GOG had released 35 pre-2k games in 2010 and 36 games 10+ years old at date of GOG release, while so far in 2013 they have released 26 pre-2k games and 39 10+ years old. There are still 4+ months of releases ahead of us. If GOG releases 9 more pre-2k games, they will have released as many old games as they did back in 2010, and considering that in 2011 they've released 48 pre-2k and 47 pre-2k in 2012, I do feel we'll get at least 20 more pre-2k this year as well.

If you want to verify my numbers, GOG's releases can be found here
Sooo, on-topic: any fresh news about Homeworld, preferably that which mentions GOG?
tfishell: Sooo, on-topic: any fresh news about Homeworld, preferably that which mentions GOG?
Yeah this thread is in regards to perhaps my all-time favorite space strategy game. It would be great to know any details if anyone knows of any.

In the meantime I'll try and do my own research and post back what I find.
I have yet to play a game that captured the spirit of the original without the original creators. This probably won't work out well in the end.
JinseiNGC224: Yeah this thread is in regards to perhaps my all-time favorite space strategy game. It would be great to know any details if anyone knows of any.

In the meantime I'll try and do my own research and post back what I find.
I can see it now: "News: Gearbox exclusively releases Homeworld on Steam. 'We just think Steam is so awesome. Why would you want to play it anywhere else? I'm going to tell everyone how they should only use Steam!' said Randy Pitchford"

or worse,

"'Well, we had the opportunity to bring Homeworld, but decided against it. We're just kind of tired of bringing good old games - hell, GOG doesn't stand for that anymore anyway - so we're going to focus on physics platformers and other indie Flash-esque projects!' said Trevor Longino as he bathed in the tears of his former fans."

hnnnnggggg...

EDIT: Seriously though, I really hope GOG is able to pull off another SS2: original games, working well on new machines, with fantastic bonus content (including hq soundtracks) making these "digital collector's editions". Steam can have the Steamworks multiplayer, we'll get the DRM-free + great bonus content.
Post edited August 03, 2013 by tfishell
Another good news! :)

Blackbird's "Hardware:Shipbreakers" will become officially "Homeworld:Shipbreakers" AKA "Homeworld 0"!!!! :D

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/1/4684456/gearbox-homeworld-ip-hardware-shipbreakers
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=323983
Post edited September 03, 2013 by shaddim
shaddim: Another good news! :)

Blackbird's "Hardware:Shipbreakers" will become officially "Homeworld:Shipbreakers" AKA "Homeworld 0"!!!! :D

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/1/4684456/gearbox-homeworld-ip-hardware-shipbreakers
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=323983
I read that earlier too. It's good to see they're resurrecting the actual series to expand the IP more. But I still can't wait for the classic re-releases. If the HD's come out next year, I would assume the classics will either be later this year, or around the same time as the HD remakes. But I'll keep my eyes out for the Shipbreakers.
JinseiNGC224: I read that earlier too.
Damn Bro... and you kept that news for you? Shame on you! ;)