It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play an exciting game on the border of a visual novel and a classic text RPG, set in the world of a series of books. The Sin Collector: Repentless is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 16th November 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Yeah, I'm an unrepentant sinner, so I don't want to play an overzealous dogmatic murderer... at least that's what this title seems like from the description anyway!
Post edited November 09, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
The question is what will be the quality of writing in this game. I don’t expect the quality of Disco Elysium, but my expectations are high given the fact that the game is based on a series of books. I never read the books, but the idea for the story wasn’t too frequently used in the past. It can sit on the same shelf as Messiah and Requiem Avenging Angel, although the gameplay is different. Basically the game drew my attention. We’ll see whether it’ll defend itself when it comes to writing.
Post edited November 09, 2021 by Sarafan
Demo on steam.
OST only released outside gaming platforms.
Pass.
low rated
I prefer comic books, but to each his own.
This is very new to me, I am interested! I usually don't enjoy the Biblical theme, but it was fun in Darksiders. Anyway, what matter are quality of writing and gamepplay, and I also see some good art! A German translation would be awesome...as with all the more text based games!
Interestingly, the author of the books has also written one of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. novels!
Post edited November 09, 2021 by Dogmaus
Breja: I prefer comic books, but to each his own.
there is a comic novel of this
am i the only one who read The Sin Collection... and did not understand comments such as "what will be the quality of writing in this game"....
Breja: I prefer comic books, but to each his own.
Dogmaus: there is a comic novel of this
I meant collecting comic books :D
Swissy88: OST only released outside gaming platforms.
Pass.
Bandcamp is DRM free and superior to getting your music from "a gaming platform."
any game that can't be bothered to include any actual game info in their adds / trailers are not getting my $ so thanks but no thanks
A video game based on the Book of Revelation would be pretty rad, have Satan, The Beast, Abaddon and the Four Horsemen and even God as bosses.
Post edited November 10, 2021 by Crosmando
So angels that can collect thousands of souls (or more) in one night can't do their job and one guy ended up doing it in more slower, painful way? Kinda ass backward idea eh? Unless this guy has deadlier power than Doom Guy.
TZODnmr2k5: Yeah, I'm an unrepentant sinner, so I don't want to play an overzealous dogmatic murderer... at least that's what this title seems like from the description anyway!
Depends on how the subject is approached.

When it doesn't feel like a piece of propaganda, it can be fun to play a character whose outlook is extremely different from your own.

Anyways, the game looks like it could be fun, but its a bit lacking in terms of gameplay footage. I guess you can probably find those on youtube though.
Post edited November 11, 2021 by Magnitus
TZODnmr2k5: Yeah, I'm an unrepentant sinner, so I don't want to play an overzealous dogmatic murderer... at least that's what this title seems like from the description anyway!
Magnitus: Depends on how the subject is approached.

When it doesn't feel like a piece of propaganda, it can be fun to play a character whose outlook is extremely different from your own.

Anyways, the game looks like it could be fun, but its a bit lacking in terms of gameplay footage. I guess you can probably find those on youtube though.
Yeah, that's true, but I rarely play lawful good characters anyway, 'cept this could be considered commandment good characters, it would also depend on the enemies/sinners you are meant to exterminate, murderers, and molesters, fine, potheads and strippers, not so much...