It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Survival of the creepiest.

Orc Schism, a new DLC pack for the zombie apocalypse action/RPG Zombasite is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount until December 25, 6PM UTC. The base game is 50% off for the duration of the Winter Sale.
The devious zombasite had found its way into the Orc genome and the wild mutations that occur bring about three fierce new factions: the savage Dark Orcs, the horrifyingly enigmatic Mutated, and the all-powerful Zombie Lords. Push back the infestation with more quests in new areas, and try your hand at new class combinations with the inclusion of the Bard specialties.
Wonder if the lack of comments is due to the DLC, the base game or the current sale. Oh well, who cares?
Orcs: Red make zombie go fasta!
Everyone else: Shit.
Ironically for a game called Zombasite you can actually play the game with zombies turned off, which pretty much turns it into all-around improved Depths Of Peril, which is awesome.

This DLC supposedly adds more town defense features, which is nice because that feature was rather limited in the base game.
Post edited December 18, 2017 by paul1290
How is Zombasite?
I love this game and can't wait to dive into the DLC. Soldak games don't have the best graphics, but their depth is unmatched. Zombasite makes me feel like I am playing an ARPG and a strategy game at the same time. I can't go back to other ARPGs after having played it.
tinyE: How is Zombasite?
If you've played Soldak's other games you'll have a good idea of what to expect.

I'd say it's a bit of a mix of Soldak's previous games (Depths of Peril, Din's Curse, Drox Operative) but doesn't lean quite as hard into a specific feature set as any one of those games. It's not as much a faction manipulation game as Drox and it's not quite as much a dungeon sim as Din's and is instead more of a moderate combination of the two.

On top of that it adds some new stuff, mainly NPC management and party features which make NPCs a lot more useful than they were in previous games.
NPCs have a lot of the same abilities as the player now and if managed right can even be built up to be stronger in combat than the player character in some cases.

If you've never played any of Soldak's other games then it's rather tricky to explain.
They're ARPGs but with more world-sim and strategy aspects.
Time management is important because the world moves at its own pace. If you don't kill a boss they start gathering an army, if you don't rescue someone they'll eventually die or be rescued by someone else, and if you don't get the 5 beast livers to cure the plague it will continue to spread, and so on.
Post edited December 18, 2017 by paul1290
Soldak's games are great and weird in a good way, I call them "Action RPG's with a brain". I've only played Din's Curse and really enjoyed it. This DLC goes to the shopping basket.
There's a demo available on Soldak's site (as there is for pretty much all their games), as well as on GOG.
HunchBluntley: There's a demo available on Soldak's site (as there is for pretty much all their games), as well as on GOG.
Here's a link for convenience:
http://www.soldak.com/Company/Demos.html
HunchBluntley: There's a demo available on Soldak's site (as there is for pretty much all their games), as well as on GOG.
tremere110: Here's a link for convenience:
http://www.soldak.com/Company/Demos.html
Though be aware that the demo is rather out of date, so don't judge it too harshly.