It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A legendary comeback to take earth back.

<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span>, a pack containing five games that set the bar for both tactical and chaotic extraterrestrial warfare, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 75% launch discount. Scavenging the bundle for individual parts grants you a 50% discount on each one.

Is there any gamer left on the planet still unfamiliar with the X-COM legacy? Sure, the organization that was put together when the alien threat reared its ugly head was a project largely kept secret for global security reasons, but the games chronicling its exploits made quite a splash. And for good reason.

When alien invaders do come knocking at Earth's door again, this is what every stalwart protector should have studied in order to prepare themselves for any possible scenario. It's all in here: The tactical, close-combat encounters with alien intruders coming from the far-away corners of space, forcing X-COM to build a <span class="bold">UFO Defense</span>. The extensive research on alien technology that helped scientists understand how to fight back the <span class="bold">Terror from the Deep</span> that emerged from our unexplored oceans. The deep-space fighting against the advancing alien forces that called for a highly-skilled <span class="bold">Interceptor</span>. The desperate fight of a single scientist using scavenged alien technology to clear the streets from aliens as a brutal <span class="bold">Enforcer</span>. But did we ever manage to fully cancel the <span class="bold">Apocalypse</span> and secure our little corner in the galaxy? That is yet to be determined, commander.

Fight the alien forces across five games that (re)defined entire genres in the <span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 75% bundle discount and the 50% individual discounts will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
KneeTheCap: Oh nice, the original X-Com games! Too bad GOG is years late with this, already bought them from steam :/
Same here, though via Gamersgate (Paradox's Site). Theirs includes both the DOS and Windows versions of the first two entries. I'm curious if GOG's includes both versions also.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Firebrand9
HornyRhino: wonder if they will ever get enemy unknown??

still love that game :D
Samhandwich: They do, it is called XCOM: UFO Defense. The game had different names in different regions
He might be talking about the remake XCOM: Enemy Unknown as opposed to X-COM: Enemy Unknown.

Damnable hyphen :D
I already got the Xcom series on steam, but for that price, instabuy! I also bought Freedom Force, I never played them and they look funny!
Which are the ones to avoid?
Not sure if you people know this, but in order to play the old XCOM games is simply GREAT!

http://openxcom.org/
Niggles: Which are the ones to avoid?
Interceptor and Enforcer are the two that depart most from the series.
Niggles: Which are the ones to avoid?
Terror from the Deep is basically a much more difficult rehash of XCOM (albeit, if you're looking for "more of the same" but challenging that's a good thing).

Interceptor and Enforcer aren't as well regarded... however if you're a flight sim fan I can't see why you wouldn't want to play a flight sim shoehorned into the XCOM universe with some of the fun research and development aspects of XCOM combined with... a FLIGHT SIM! It's not like they're a dime a dozen now a days ;)
I never understood why Terror from the Deep is considered "the difficult one".

To me it was easier, especially because they fixed the terrible "ambushes" outside your ship that can happen in the first one.

I started with TFTD, played it a lot, finished it multiple times on multiple difficulties, and then jumped to UFO Defense, and, shortly, I just couldn't continue playing it.
You just hope you don't get those terror missions inside a cargo/cruise ship, god, those were awful!
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Andremop
I read there was a serious glitch with the difficulty setting in UFO Defense's original release. Does anyone know if we're getting the patched version?
Amazing!!!! Have been waiting for this many time!!!

Now it's time to play with Open Xcom mod!
Okay, I have a little question concerning UFO Defense... If I play it vanilla, should I install the "data patch/universal patch" that you can find here ? Are there any other advice by the way to play the vanilla version ?
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Splatsch
YES!YES!YES! Finally!!!
DeadlyRamon: [...]
Strijkbout: [...]
I thank both of you for the info. Interceptor doesn't sound that bad after all.
Now I'm a bit closer to an actual decision.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by InfraSuperman
Andremop: I never understood why Terror from the Deep is considered "the difficult one".

To me it was easier, especially because they fixed the terrible "ambushes" outside your ship that can happen in the first one.

I started with TFTD, played it a lot, finished it multiple times on multiple difficulties, and then jumped to UFO Defense, and, shortly, I just couldn't continue playing it.
You just hope you don't get those terror missions inside a cargo/cruise ship, god, those were awful!
UFO had a bug that automatically resets your difficulty to the easiest level. It was never officially fixed (there exists a community fix though).

TFTD had ridiculously long two part missions. It also had Lobstermen. You know - the guys that could take a direct hit from a nuke and keep on ticking. It also had flying Chryssalids - fortunately balanced by the fact they almost never occurred on terror missions with civilians.
Did you guys fix the alien probe bug in Interceptor?