It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grenaaaaade!

<span class="bold">Worms Armageddon</span>, a spectacularly heart-worming blast from the past, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

Sergeant Slimytoes looks around suspiciously. Then quietly hops behind his longtime enemy, Dr. Pinkbottom, and allows himself a malicious snicker as he lays down a huge roll of dynamite. Seconds later, the good Doctor is flying halfway through an oversized watermelon and straight into Little Spinspine, sergeant's beloved protégé. They both let out muffled cries of pain, as they roll down the cliff and into the deadly sea below. How tragic... Now let's enjoy it again on replay!
That's the unpredictable chaos and emergent fun of relentless Worms warfare! Employing dozens of crazy weapons, fully destructible maps, heavily customizable gameplay conditions, and hilarious physics, the cute-sounding invertebrates stand ready to spread mischief and mayhem in one of their most explosive adventures ever.

Grab your best buddies, open this can of little fighters, and get ready to cause <span class="bold">Worms Armageddon</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until October 13, 12:59 PM UTC.
pandrus1: Nice to finally see this on GoG! Although as others have mentioned, the price is quite steep for a 1999 game. I'll pass for now, until a sale comes around.
It's slightly lower than the Steam price (for a change).
So this is the same version as the one on Steam?
Crosmando: So this is the same version as the one on Steam?
Technically, it is. The difference is that steam_api is replaced with a stub, so you don't have to be running Steam to launch the game. As well as minor string erasures in the executable. The feature set is identical to that of the Steam version.
Note that various WormKit modules do not work at the moment. One of the solutions is to copy the WA.exe from your Steam copy of the game into the GOG directory. This will not add DRM to the game (but will restore the patched Steam strings). You will still be able to run it without Steam.
Crosmando: So this is the same version as the one on Steam?
StepS_: Technically, it is. The difference is that steam_api is replaced with a stub, so you don't have to be running Steam to launch the game. As well as minor string erasures in the executable. The feature set is identical to that of the Steam version.
Note that various WormKit modules do not work at the moment. One of the solutions is to copy the WA.exe from your Steam copy of the game into the GOG directory. This will not add DRM to the game (but will restore the patched Steam strings). You will still be able to run it without Steam.
Thanks.
StepS_: I'm glad to see this release happen(...)
Thank you for these insights. I am a big fan of W:A and was glad to see this game beeing released DRM free and Windows 8 compatible. I am wondering why GOG did not coorperated with the maintainers of the game. With whom did they communicated anyways?

However, I am very glad to see that there are still people arround who did such a nice job in keeping the game alive, maintaining and extending it. Also thanks for the wkRemapKeys plugin of yours. Like you said, these plugins have a huge impact on the game experience. I hope GOG will release a clean version in near future.
So are there any mods that work with GOG's version of WA? Or do they all only work with the Steam version?
IronArcturus: So are there any mods that work with GOG's version of WA? Or do they all only work with the Steam version?
According to the information we have now, SuperFrontendHD is the currently known supported mod for the GOG version. It seems that all other versions will have to rely on a steam executable because of the broken version check of this version.

By the way, I would like to thank StepS_ for making this mod and making it work with the GOG version. One thing I commonly dislike is frequently changing resolutions. For me to download this mod, it means it has a purpose for me as more often than not I download mods to fix critical issues not to extend gameplay (I like my games vanilla). So thanks for making it, and thanks for making it work with GOG.
Post edited October 11, 2016 by PookaMustard
high rated
IronArcturus: So are there any mods that work with GOG's version of WA? Or do they all only work with the Steam version?
Here's the list of all WormKit modules: https://worms2d.info/WormKit
The "original" and "current" modules are relevant. Aside from those mentioned in my post, all modules should work (especially those with "All" in them). IndiMask has not been tested (it might crash as well). Edit: I've now marked all GOG-compatible modules as such. So it should be more apparent.
I'm still waiting for a proper GOG release. However, in case that's not possible, I have Kawoosh's contacts (some of the incompatible modules were made by him) so I'll be able to get all modules updated (including RubberWorm, KawooshKick, and LobbyCmd). But a proper GOG release would still be a better solution. The maintainers of the game are aware and are supposed to establish contact soon.
Post edited October 11, 2016 by StepS_
StepS_: Here's the list of all WormKit modules: https://worms2d.info/WormKit
[...]Edit: I've now marked all GOG-compatible modules as such. So it should be more apparent.
Thank you for this ! :)
StepS_: I'm still waiting for a proper GOG release. However, in case that's not possible, I have Kawoosh's contacts (some of the incompatible modules were made by him) so I'll be able to get all modules updated (including RubberWorm, KawooshKick, and LobbyCmd). But a proper GOG release would still be a better solution. The maintainers of the game are aware and are supposed to establish contact soon.
Thanks for all (and thanks to other contributors too), and again, I hope too your call will be heard.
StepS_: Here's the list of all WormKit modules: https://worms2d.info/WormKit
The "original" and "current" modules are relevant. Aside from those mentioned in my post, all modules should work (especially those with "All" in them). IndiMask has not been tested (it might crash as well). Edit: I've now marked all GOG-compatible modules as such. So it should be more apparent.
I'm still waiting for a proper GOG release. However, in case that's not possible, I have Kawoosh's contacts (some of the incompatible modules were made by him) so I'll be able to get all modules updated (including RubberWorm, KawooshKick, and LobbyCmd). But a proper GOG release would still be a better solution. The maintainers of the game are aware and are supposed to establish contact soon.
Same here. Much appreciation for the fix and move to get the game properly patched.
StepS_:
eiii: Thanks for the insights, very much appreciated!

So this is not only a heavily delayed but also quite a bad release of Worms Armageddon. Sad story.
It seems gog always gets the bad end of the stick sadly. I did buy the game here and I've been enjoying it . Never much into modding myself but not having windowed mode is kinda a big concern.

Would downloading a steam .exe and 'patch' it over the gog .exe file make everything work? Or would that be illegal? I have no clue.
Post edited October 12, 2016 by Senteria
Senteria: Would downloading a steam .exe and 'patch' it over the gog .exe file make everything work? Or would that be illegal? I have no clue.
Yes, it will work. And the game will not require Steam to be running.
Senteria: Would downloading a steam .exe and 'patch' it over the gog .exe file make everything work? Or would that be illegal? I have no clue.
StepS_: Yes, it will work. And the game will not require Steam to be running.
Alright managed to test the theory and you are correct. I can confirm it works this way.
Following with your previous posts about W:A wormkit compatibility, the ReplayShark module's WormsKB article isn't clear on whether the CD version or the Steam version works with GOG. Which of them is compatible with GOG?

I thought I'd ask you in here for everyone to learn about it.
PookaMustard: Following with your previous posts about W:A wormkit compatibility, the ReplayShark module's WormsKB article isn't clear on whether the CD version or the Steam version works with GOG. Which of them is compatible with GOG?

I thought I'd ask you in here for everyone to learn about it.
Since GOG basically is the Steam version (at least, right now), it's the one you need to choose. Note, however, that ReplayShark is a little bit buggy and doesn't include any version checks, so use with caution, and always remove when a new update of the game is out... A rewrite of the module should happen in the future.
Post edited October 30, 2016 by StepS_