It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The magic torches are lit, the monsters are as ferocious as ever, and the magic kingdom is waiting for a hero.

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM along with the Growth Fruit DLC and a 10% discount until 22nd January 2020, 6 PM UTC.

Experience the legendary Wizardry series’ modern rebirth as you traverse perilous dungeons and take on hordes of fantastic enemies.If you want to catch up with some of the earlier Wizardry games, they are now available on GOG.COM with discounts lasting also until 22nd January 2020, 6 PM UTC.
dtgreene: I don't pay too much attention to the step sounds, though I do note that, if you have a Levitation spell active, the sound changes to a "whoosh" sound.

The dungeon environments aren't that interesting, unfortunately. They do change every 3 floors in Shiin's Dungeon, though I haven't yet seen 10F so I don't know if that floor has a unique appareance. (Actually, I've seen that floor in videos, but don't remember it.)

The sequel, only available in Japan, looks like it has some more interesting environments, including some outdoor ones. (I'm hoping that XSEED ports and translates the sequel; I think they said they might if this game does well.)

(Also, the dungeon environments still look much better than in computer versions of Wizardry 1-5, and are still more varied than Wizardry 6's brick walls everywhere.)
Green_Hilltop: I prefer the animated Wizardry 6 brick walls over this game's dungeons, they have more charm and look more real, versus the dimly lit, barely detailed corridors. I haven't played Wiz 1-5 yet, but I do like the visuals of the old games. :)
You can fix the dimly lit problem by using a torch or casting a light spell.
Green_Hilltop: I prefer the animated Wizardry 6 brick walls over this game's dungeons, they have more charm and look more real, versus the dimly lit, barely detailed corridors. I haven't played Wiz 1-5 yet, but I do like the visuals of the old games. :)
dtgreene: You can fix the dimly lit problem by using a torch or casting a light spell.
The walls had torches on them, so I assumed you could see them normally, like in other games. What happened to your rep, by the way? I remember it used to be higher, did you get hit by a downvote brigade?