It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!

Wizard of Legend is now available, DRM-free to GOG.com.
The Chaos Trials cause all up-and-coming spellslingers flock to Lanova to participate. You wanna be the very best and for that you must complete fast-paced challenges designed to push your spellcasting skills to the limit. Devastating combinations, arcane reflexes, and the powerful items you collect along the way will aid you and your co-op friends in becoming true Wizards of Legend. Or, you know, explode into amorphous pixelated glop.

While you're at it, grab the Sountrack for your collection.
Breja: snip
Like a clockwork.
Co-op is couch co-op only?
I am indeed interested in this one, but right now I am too broke to go for it.
I'll have to wait to have some funds, some sale, or a lucky convergence of both...
low rated
deleted
tfishell: Hey guys ...

pixel art :)
This actually looks pretty good. You can actually tell what everything is supposed to be, there's a coherent style (which, if it were somewhat less pixelated, would probably prove itself to be anime-inspired -- and I feel about that what Breja feels about pixels, but whatever), and it looks reasonably good in motion (the movement and animation are a little fast for my tastes, but again, whatever). Anyone complaining about this game's art because "it's pixel art!!!" is very studiously missing the point.
GR00T: The pixel art in this one doesn't look all that bad, but I'm beginning to agree with Breja: what's with the avalanche of pixel art games in recent months?
No pixels, no fun. Simple. :)
tinyE: I don't mind pixel art, I mind $16 pixel art.
It's ok, it's $17.49 pixel art here. Or is that worse? I have no idea.
HunchBluntley: ...
tbh imo it doesn't look that different from most other pixel-art games; the majority look fine to me. Even something like Butcher could look good if it added a few more pixels.

GR00T: The pixel art in this one doesn't look all that bad, but I'm beginning to agree with Breja: what's with the avalanche of pixel art games in recent months?
I keep thinking its a way to save money, but I've heard that pixel art is more difficult than other graphics to create. Baybe it's a mix of nostalgia and copying others.
Post edited May 15, 2018 by tfishell
low rated
Low-effort retro pixel art procedurally generated levels... hells yeah! MORE OF THOSE.

Wait wait wait... does it have permadeath? No permadeath, no sale.
I like the concept, but that damn procedural generation kills every game for me. A pity.

Breja: AND procedurally generated levels! All that is laziest in gaming! Yaaay!
While I love pixelart, I despise lazy RNG/permadeath-do-it-all-over-again throwaway game development...Why should I even waste my time building up a character just to start all over again due to shitty RNG...Plenty of other indie developers that are much better spent playing their game, allowing a better investment with worthy character development and actual competent level design.

PoE2 is a much better time investment as you're not playing the same scrambled dungeons over and over again!
Post edited May 15, 2018 by takezodunmer2005
I love the eruption of complaints every time a game of this sort is released... XD
i_hope_you_rot: Hmm . 15.99€ ?

I could buy 7 books from that money .
Seriously? =O

Now I wonder where you live… I just ordered a book for €23 because that was the absolute lowest dumping price I could find it at, and it's not a special book in any way. I don't think I was ever able to buy a (new) book for less than €15.

Breja: AND procedurally generated levels! All that is laziest in gaming! Yaaay!
Stop saying stupid stuff.

Looks quite cool and fun! Will wait for reviews but I may let myself be tempted. :)

DoomSooth: Almost all of the best videogames in history have been made with blocky pixels.

Looking forward to hearing the souns in the sountrack. :P
:D

Beat me to it, dang!
i_hope_you_rot: Hmm . 15.99€ ?

I could buy 7 books from that money .
And I could buy 70 rolls of toilet paper for that same price.

What's your point here again? XP
Post edited May 15, 2018 by Zoidberg
The only time I have issues with pixel art is when it's so poorly coded that it runs worse than high end 3D games like TW3 or Ys VIII.