It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome to our jolly dystopia.

We Happy Few, the stylish action/adventure about escaping a city of oppressive happiness, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, 15% off until August 13th, 7:00am UTC.

Did you take your happiness pill today? Please try not to skip on your regular doses, otherwise you might start hallucinating and seeing things that shouldn't be there. Like derelict houses dressed in colourful banners. People jumping off London Bridge with a smile painted on their faces. Violent acts against those who refuse to always look on the bright side of life.
You are not seeing any of that, are you? Because if so, you better run, hide, or quickly take your Joy with a nice cup of tea.
Fast.
Before we find you and feed it to you.

Note: Owners of the In Development version do not need to purchase the game again.
high rated
groze: Awww, yes, let the shitstorm begin! :D

I won't lie, I'm more hyped to see this game fail than I am about upcoming games I actually want to play.

So far, reviews seem to be mediocre. Combat is bad (one customer even calls it "Sea of Thieves bad"), the game is shock full of bugs -- some of which carried over from the Early Access days.

I'm a terrible person, I know; I'm really happy to see this project crumble and fail, they have been botching everything ever since they joined with Gearbox and eventually got their asses bought by Microsoft. I love it. <3
That's pretty harsh -- for the sake of the devs, and the people who were looking forward to the game, I hope it turned out to be good.

That said, I don't approve of their questionable business shenanigans, either. When you develop a game with the aid of crowd-funding, and rely on the trust of your supporters, you don't do a 180 and sign a deal with a traditional AAA publisher halfway through the development process. I doubt many would have donated to the campaign, knowing that it's a Gearbox or Microsoft production.

And then there's the price tag... Based on what I've heard so far, it just isn't worth that kinda dough. Seems like No Man's Sky all over again. GOG sells various Indie games with AA/ AAA like production values, at much more reasonable price points. ( Hellblade, Legend of Grimrock 2, or the modern Shadow Warrior games, to name a few. )

To top it off: Apparently they're already working on story content available via a "season pass"? So you have to pay even more, to experience the full story. And they threw in some silly pre-order bonus items, just to complete the whole pseudo-AAA nonsense.
i_hope_you_rot: Let me repeat .

Game Skinny – 9
Shacknews – 8
Windows Central – 4.5/5
GamesRadar – 4/5
TechRaptor – 6.5
TheSixthAxis – 6
Gaming Trend – 65/100
PC Invasion – 5
Attack of the Fanboy – 3.5/5
We Got This Covered – 3.5/5
Hardcore Gamer – 3/5
Game Revolution – 3/5
Twinfinite – 3/5
What? So the green from Randy didn't make this a good game? He's all about the green you know. Basically he's Kermit. Windows Central likes it though.. If you look at their site it's basically all hail Microsoft.. given that they were bought by Microsoft ... Jehova!
But! Given that the game obviously is about an evil group (1) trying to hide this by giving away happy pills (2) - if replace (1) for Gearbox/Microsoft and (2) for the game it makes this product art. And I like art. So I'm happy this exists, lol.

"Compulsion Games’ acquisition also means that, yes, the studio’s next game will be Xbox exclusive."
- https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/15/17467954/compulsion-games-we-happy-few-microsoft-acquisition-e3

I would say PC master race dodged a bullet there, but we all know we're important enough that it will be ported eventually, so brace and keep your thumbstick device ready to waggle around through the 3rd person soup that's coming. Guaranteed.
Post edited August 10, 2018 by AlienMind
Sarasa: Those of us that bought in the past the In-dev version, are we receiving only the basic version or will it be upgraded later ?
If you Kickstarted the game then you get the Season Pass for free. If not you have to buy it .
I'm not rooting for this game to fail precisely - if it's a great game and sells well, then that's great for everybody.

It will be interesting to watch how it does, though, after all the ugliness of the previous price hike and the way it was handled.
fronzelneekburm: Thanks!

Peculiar, how both aren't advertised on the main game page, or am I just not looking hard enough?
It appear on the "popular - NEW - upcoming - on sale" tab
But yes it's strange (but not the first time it happen) they don't advertise it in the release post.

i_hope_you_rot: If you Kickstarted the game then you get the Season Pass for free. If not you have to buy it
Yeah, that what I was fearing...
Well that another reason why I won't buy any more in-dev and help fund the dev develop their games, as it seems many put their players in 3 pool and don't treat the same way the first two (fundraising and in-dev fundraising).
Post edited August 10, 2018 by Sarasa
low rated
Odeletta: I purchased this game couple months ago but it won't update for me. =/
reative00: It's new game, don't try to update "inDev" version, you need to download new, full one.
This is a joke right??? @ GOG.com.
There seems to be some bad blood over this game, and the price is somewhat off-putting, even with the 15% discount.

For the price and the reviews it's had, I'm going to just say "hmmm..." and keep it on wishlist to see if anything changes.
fronzelneekburm: No Season Pass on gog? No Deluxe Edition Bundle on gog?

fronzelneekburm – Uninstalled the In Dev version after 19 minutes. 10/10 GOTY!

Unfortunately, I only have a woefully underequipped laptop at my disposal, so I won't be able to give an honest assessment on the final release for a while.
Sarasa: https://www.gog.com/game/we_happy_few_season_pass
https://www.gog.com/game/we_happy_few_deluxe_edition

Question for the GOG Team
Those of us that bought in the past the In-dev version, are we receiving only the basic version or will it be upgraded later ?
100% chance of being base only... ><
Developers should make a wannabe-AAA-ready-for-shady-business-practices games club. And invite No Man Sky developers at least.
Don't buy this ... game.

P.S. Season Pass is not even mentioned on game page no in description neither in DLC section. LOL! Once a swindler, always a swindler.
Post edited August 10, 2018 by Vovchigus
high rated
At this price the development studio should add some of the pills to the package. My best guess is that they took the pills themselves and need the cash to buy some more drugs though.
saschawuest: At this price the development studio should add some of the pills to the package. My best guess is that they took the pills themselves and need the cash to buy some more drugs though.
GOG - "You wanna buy some We Happy few?"

Me- "You don't want to sell me We Happy Few."

GOG - "I don't wanna sell you We Happy Few"

Me - "You want to go home and rethink your life."

GOG- "I want to go home and rethink my life."
reative00: It's new game, don't try to update "inDev" version, you need to download new, full one.
Odeletta: This is a joke right??? @ GOG.com.
You don't need to BUY it second time, you just need to download new copy.
Go to library under https://www.gog.com/account and in search bar type "We Happy Few"; you'll see two copies, one for "We Happy Few" and "We Happy Few InDev"; you need to download "We Happy Few".
Gearbox, eh? So, can we expect Duke Nukem games back on here someday?
Post edited August 10, 2018 by pacciulli
Odeletta: This is a joke right??? @ GOG.com.
reative00: You don't need to BUY it second time, you just need to download new copy.
Go to library under https://www.gog.com/account and in search bar type "We Happy Few"; you'll see two copies, one for "We Happy Few" and "We Happy Few InDev"; you need to download "We Happy Few".
Thank you!!! Got me worried there for a second... =D
Into the Breach is 9,69€ at the moment.