It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Have it your way.

<span class="bold">Way of The Samurai 4</span>, a crazy, feudal samurai adventure, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 40% launch discount.

You haven't roamed like this before (unless you played this series before). Way of the Samurai is a previously Playstation exclusive series that's famous for being positively ridiculous, and immensely influenced by your own choices. The series premieres on PC with Way of the Samurai 4, the biggest, most malleable entry so far. You arrive at a fictional Japanese port in a vaguely feudal setting, from this point on - the story is yours.

Way of the Samurai 4 presents a uniquely Japanese take on nonlinearity. You're both capable of changing the world around you, and impressively insignificant.
The world isn't going to wait up for you to make up your mind, events will continue taking place, and the end is inevitable. How you choose to play the cards you're dealt, and whether you decide do anything at all, will affect the outcome. Beneath an action-adventure layer, the game is also a true role playing sandbox - become a samurai hero, a selfish bandit, or a suave, silent protagonist. You'll have a huge amount of control in creating your character or how you play him, and if you ever want to interrupt a cutscene by slashing everyone to pieces, well, that's your prerogative.

You can also pick up the <span class="bold">Way of The Samurai 4 DLC Pack</span>, including new missions, new weapons, new clothing, and returning characters! Check it out.

Walk your path in the <span class="bold">Way of The Samurai 4</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last for one week, until October 9, 12:59 PM GMT.
Mobius_Einherjar: I thought the launch discount was supposed to last until October 9th? Was that a mistake?
I noticed that yesterday as well. Although I really can't afford buying the game, I was keeping a guilty eye on it.
Mobius_Einherjar: I thought the launch discount was supposed to last until October 9th? Was that a mistake?
Smannesman: I noticed that yesterday as well. Although I really can't afford buying the game, I was keeping a guilty eye on it.
I was thinking about it as well. Was about to pull the trigger yesterday when I saw the basket price had changed.
I guess there's not going to be an extension on this one.
Oh well, probably for the best for me at least.
Alright, I'm getting this one during the next sale I guess.
JinseiNGC224: I would consider picking up Mugen Souls if they published it here as well, since it is a game they're porting.
Doesn't look like Mugen Souls will get a GOG release (at least for the time being). Ghostlight have just confirmed that they do not currently have the rights to sell their version in Japan.
JinseiNGC224: I would consider picking up Mugen Souls if they published it here as well, since it is a game they're porting.
bansama: Doesn't look like Mugen Souls will get a GOG release (at least for the time being). Ghostlight have just confirmed that they do not currently have the rights to sell their version in Japan.
Doesn't that just mean it would be available everywhere else if it came out here outside of Japan? Sounds just like how Wolfenstein can't be sold in Germany, yet that's here.

Maybe.
JinseiNGC224: Doesn't that just mean it would be available everywhere else if it came out here outside of Japan? Sounds just like how Wolfenstein can't be sold in Germany, yet that's here.
Nope. GOG currently only regionally restrict when a game cannot legally be purchased in a region (i.e., has been banned/refused classification). They don't restrict just because a publisher refuses to sell to one region.
JinseiNGC224: Doesn't that just mean it would be available everywhere else if it came out here outside of Japan? Sounds just like how Wolfenstein can't be sold in Germany, yet that's here.
bansama: Nope. GOG currently only regionally restrict when a game cannot legally be purchased in a region (i.e., has been banned/refused classification). They don't restrict just because a publisher refuses to sell to one region.
The thing is the game is native to Japan, so there may be legal reasons why Ghostlight can't publish it there too on PC. And when it's selling a game the right way, there's always legal this or that involved. Still possible. I contacted them the other day too personally. Waiting for a response.
Post edited October 23, 2015 by JinseiNGC224
JinseiNGC224: The thing is the game is native to Japan, so there may be legal reasons why Ghostlight can't publish it there too on PC.
They don't own the rights. That's all, no other legal reason such as a ban. Thus, GOG won't sell it. Sorry.
JinseiNGC224: The thing is the game is native to Japan, so there may be legal reasons why Ghostlight can't publish it there too on PC.
bansama: They don't own the rights. That's all, no other legal reason such as a ban. Thus, GOG won't sell it. Sorry.
I really can't believe a word you say, because you aren't a company. Many people who say a certain game won't be here ever tend to eat their words sooner or later. Hopefully it will come here, and I don't see why there's any reason to flat out deny it. If your citing only current situations, that's not very optimistic. Learn to have a little faith and never say never. By now you should know better if you've been on GOG for 7 years at least.

EDIT:

Hmm...just got a response back from Ghostlight dated today regarding Mugen Souls on GOG:

Check it out in the unofficially released thread, since that's where it belongs ;)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_in_the_future_part_2/post2171
Post edited October 23, 2015 by JinseiNGC224
JinseiNGC224: Hmm...just got a response back from Ghostlight dated today regarding Mugen Souls on GOG:

Check it out in the unofficially released thread, since that's where it belongs ;)
I can guarantee you 100% that until they sort out rights for Japan, Mugen Souls will not be on GOG.

See: https://twitter.com/Ghostlight_Ross/status/657138160661590016

In fact, lack of distribution rights in Japan is why Guilty Gear Isuka/X2 was temporarily removed from sale on GOG worldwide for several months.

See: https://www.gog.com/forum/guilty_gear_series/guilty_gear_isuka_removal_from_gogcom_catalog

At the same time GOG had these "legal issues" the game was regionally restricted from sale in Japan on Steam, while still being sold ROW.

Sorry, but I've been dealing with such restrictions for over a decade now, which unfortunately has made me a bit of an expert on them.
Post edited October 23, 2015 by bansama