It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, the ultimate version of inXile's ultimate post-apo RPG is here, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The wasteland series is simultaneously the mother, grandfather, and weird uncle of post-apocalyptic gaming, reactive RPG gameplay, and huge, huge freedom. It's a series that pioneered multi-path problem solving, difficult, long-lasting choices and the power to determine your playstyle. It's the essence of what mature RPGs should be.

Today, Wasteland 2 becomes even better with the Director's Cut upgrade, free for everyone who owns the game already.
The Director's Cut upgrade features a complete graphics overhaul. Upgraded to the newest version of the Unity 5 engine, it runs better, supports controllers, and looks more beautiful than ever with all-new environment art, character models, and enhanced light and shadows.

In Wasteland 2: Director's Cut you'll also be treated to over 8,000 new lines of engaging, voiced dialog, as well as completely new gameplay elements: Perks are bonuses allowing you to achieve a new level of mastery in your skills, while Quirks - personality traits that come with a bit of the good, and a bit of the bad - allow you to put a personal twist on your new characters.

Your classic edition comes complete with a copy of: Wasteland 1, Concept Art Book, Choir Songs EP,Wasteland 2 OST.

Or you can go all-out with the Deluxe Edition for even more extra content including: The Bard’s Tale, Novella-All Bad Things, Novella-Earth Transformed, Novella-Death Machines and all the Classic edition goodies.

Return to the wasteland with <span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Paczyk
The freezing on loading the game details is fixed now. We are investigating why Kickstarter backers do not have Director's Cut on their accounts. Stay tuned.
Chamb: The freezing on loading the game details is fixed now. We are investigating why Kickstarter backers do not have Director's Cut on their accounts. Stay tuned.
Probably because the Kickstarter versions are treated as separate games for some reason by Gog. They don't show as owned in the store and we do not receive any update notifications for them. I have sent this through to support before but just got a reply that they will pass the info on.

I would prefer if Gog can treat Kickstarter owners as proper owners.
Post edited October 13, 2015 by JiminyJickers
Roxolani: I never played Wasteland series. Is Wasteland 2 similar to Fallout 1&2?
well, yes and no.
Yes, its post-apo, world is (mostly) open for you and you're mostly dealing with fractions when you arrive at location, main quest is less important.
No, because youre playing as a TEAM of rangers (not one character like in fallout), so Inteligence and charisma doesnt affect your conversation options, there's more stats&skills and you can maximize most (if not all) of them, etc.

Its like Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale, both are placed in the same setting and use simillar mechanic, but they're different and can't be easily compared.
(except that WL2 has a lot better story than most of "team h'n's", with choices and consequences)
Zoidberg: Still at a disgustingly unfair price, still not interested.

I still have to gather the courage to do the first two Fallouts anyway... :P
Since Wasteland 1 is considered as the "spiritual precursor" to the Fallout series, what is now the correct order to play these games? :) Is this the correct order?

Wasteland 1
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
(PS2 Fallout game?)
Fallout 3
Fallout NV
Wasteland 2
Fallout 4
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!
Zoidberg: Still at a disgustingly unfair price, still not interested.

I still have to gather the courage to do the first two Fallouts anyway... :P
timppu: Since Wasteland 1 is considered as the "spiritual precursor" to the Fallout series, what is now the correct order to play these games? :) Is this the correct order?

Wasteland 1
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
(PS2 Fallout game?)
Fallout 3
Fallout NV
Wasteland 2
Fallout 4
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!
I don't think there's an order, these games are all a bit different, including on the lore level. So, I'd say :

a) WL1, WL2

b) FO1, FO2

c) FO3, FO:NV, FO4

But these three lines can be played in parallel, or (b) before (a), etc...

And heck, playing each line in complete disorder wouldn't change much, apart from some historical references to prequel events [spoiler: there was some baddie, it got defeated by some hero/es] : no big deal if you discover the detail of these past events afterwards only.
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Telika
Chamb: The freezing on loading the game details is fixed now. We are investigating why Kickstarter backers do not have Director's Cut on their accounts. Stay tuned.
Where's the Linux version?
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Ganni1987
Also Kickstarter backer.... no DC on my account yet. Geez guys you're not going to ever compete with Steam if you can't get simple stuff like this working.
Will people who redeemed through a backer's key (Digital Basic Edition, that does not come with the goodies that the Digital Classic has) here on GOG, also get the Director's Cut upgrade? (I'm not seeing mine yet)
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Nicole28
I actually almost backed this on Kickstarter but I realized they hadn't promised that the DRM-free option would offer GOG/Humble/Steamplay-like freedom to switch platforms at any time and, when they didn't respond to my question and the other backers seemed to take personal offense that I wasn't satisfied with a "take it or leave it" proposition, I revoked my pending pledge. (I think I rolled the money into my The Banner Saga pledge instead.)

Now, it's sitting on my IsThereAnyDeal.com waitlist until a sale induces a big enough price drop to satisfy me. (I missed Wasteland and the entire Fallout series as a kid and, these days, I seem to be more into collecting games than playing them. I can wait.)
Post edited October 13, 2015 by ssokolow
JiminyJickers: Probably because the Kickstarter versions are treated as separate games for some reason by Gog. They don't show as owned in the store and we do not receive any update notifications for them. I have sent this through to support before but just got a reply that they will pass the info on.

Almost all kickstarter games have this problem here on GOG. Absolutely no update notifications.
I have it now! Thanks GOG!
JiminyJickers: Probably because the Kickstarter versions are treated as separate games for some reason by Gog. They don't show as owned in the store and we do not receive any update notifications for them. I have sent this through to support before but just got a reply that they will pass the info on.

mattymuc: Almost all kickstarter games have this problem here on GOG. Absolutely no update notifications.
Given how often mrkgnao's MaGOG logs reveal glitches in things like the system requirements text, are you really surprised? As someone who programs professionally, I'm having trouble imagining the kind of systematic mis-design which would cause symptoms like these over the course of such a long period of time.
So where is the Linux version?
kickstarter backer here and no dc will wait till fixed.
Backstarter Kicker as well, with nay DC.