It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, the ultimate version of inXile's ultimate post-apo RPG is here, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The wasteland series is simultaneously the mother, grandfather, and weird uncle of post-apocalyptic gaming, reactive RPG gameplay, and huge, huge freedom. It's a series that pioneered multi-path problem solving, difficult, long-lasting choices and the power to determine your playstyle. It's the essence of what mature RPGs should be.

Today, Wasteland 2 becomes even better with the Director's Cut upgrade, free for everyone who owns the game already.
The Director's Cut upgrade features a complete graphics overhaul. Upgraded to the newest version of the Unity 5 engine, it runs better, supports controllers, and looks more beautiful than ever with all-new environment art, character models, and enhanced light and shadows.

In Wasteland 2: Director's Cut you'll also be treated to over 8,000 new lines of engaging, voiced dialog, as well as completely new gameplay elements: Perks are bonuses allowing you to achieve a new level of mastery in your skills, while Quirks - personality traits that come with a bit of the good, and a bit of the bad - allow you to put a personal twist on your new characters.

Your classic edition comes complete with a copy of: Wasteland 1, Concept Art Book, Choir Songs EP,Wasteland 2 OST.

Or you can go all-out with the Deluxe Edition for even more extra content including: The Bard’s Tale, Novella-All Bad Things, Novella-Earth Transformed, Novella-Death Machines and all the Classic edition goodies.

Return to the wasteland with <span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Paczyk
Paczyk: Sorry, but this takes longer than expected.
JMich: Anything we can do to help, other than not posting tickets/replies?
There really is not anything that can be done besides sitting.

I don't think there was any protocol in place for such events happening - after all it is not something anyone expects to happen. - So they probably jury-rigged a system in place, which would explain the delay + methodical manner they are implementing it. After all they don't want to stress out the server and cause further problems in other places.

But the problem is the time calculations.
If we go under the presumption ~4 hours = 30% completion rate. That would mean to get a 100% completion rate would take another 8+ hours at best.

If the process started prior to their 2 hours announcement - that mean it could be longer.
If they are able to create a new method of implementation within that time frame it could take significantly less - but it probably would be a waste of resources to attempt such a thing.

Though all in all it is probably a good thing it happened. Now in the future they can prepare a system in place to mitigate the disaster from happening again. Also the community seems friendly enough that no one is really making any issues out of it.

Well everyone makes mistakes - no bodies perfect.
To all the people worrying they don't have the DC upgrade. Don't panic. It's (for me at least) unplayable with the current super-zoomed-in camera. If it's taking this long to get the DC version out, god knows when we'll get the patch to actually fix the issue. So just go play something else in the mean time.

Arkham knight is mostly playable now, depending on your machine. So there's that. Also, Warhammer: Vermintide beta is open again today. GL everyone.
I'm a KS backer and I got the DC in my account now. :) Thx a lot.

Also, a Digital Classic Edition Upgrade came with this. A pleasant surprise, to be sure. ;)
Also. RE: the camera fix, Eric Schwarz of Inxile games:

Eric Schwarz ‏@searanox 3m3 minutes ago
@AetherDryth @FireBomberSeven @BrianFargo We sent them an updated build last night, so they should be rolling that update out soon.
5:07 PM - 14 Oct 2015 · Details

There's been a lot of "Soon" and "hopefully" from inxile/brian fargo, devs etc. It's all on GOG, really. Steam users have had theirs updated. Not fair we should get treated worse.
xxswatelitexx: There really is not anything that can be done besides sitting.
Most likely case, though I am one to offer assistance when I can. It may not always be usable, but I figure it doesn't hurt asking.
aetherdryth: Also. RE: the camera fix, Eric Schwarz of Inxile games:

@AetherDryth @FireBomberSeven @BrianFargo We sent them an updated build last night, so they should be rolling that update out soon.

There's been a lot of "Soon" and "hopefully" from inxile/brian fargo, devs etc. It's all on GOG, really. Steam users have had theirs updated. Not fair we should get treated worse.
We're uploading the actual update as of right now along with the Linux version :)

JudasIscariot: We're uploading the actual update as of right now along with the Linux version :)
eta? and we need to use galaxy to get it I assume?
JudasIscariot: We're uploading the actual update as of right now along with the Linux version :)
aetherdryth: eta? and we need to use galaxy to get it I assume?
Offline and online updates will be made available at the same time :)
Still no DC in my library... I think I have to wait for tomorrow... :(
I really want to buy this on GOG, but...

GOG: €39,99 - €4,10 fair package
Steam: €36,99

Seriously... why the price is so different? Who decide this? Is it up to the developer or to GOG/Steam?
It seems that Steam has better prices regardless the regional pricing, which makes GOG's fair package less convenient...
I would like to read community's opinion about this. What do you think?

Can't wait :D

Thank you
benlz: I really want to buy this on GOG, but...

GOG: €39,99 - €4,10 fair package
Steam: €36,99

Seriously... why the price is so different? Who decide this? Is it up to the developer or to GOG/Steam?
It seems that Steam has better prices regardless the regional pricing, which makes GOG's fair package less convenient...
I would like to read community's opinion about this. What do you think?
So if you buy it on GOG, you save €1,10. Woot, wealth.
Paczyk: Quick update regarding the "where is my Wasteland 2: Director's Cut?!" issue:

We are now in the process of adding Wasteland 2: Director's Cut to affected accounts, this should be done in about 2 hours. In addition, we're adding a little something extra to the Director's Cut as an apology from us and inXile for the inconvenience. Keep an eye out for this once you have Wasteland 2: Director's Cut in your account. ;)

Once again, please accept our apologies for this!

Edit:
btw, the Linux version and the camera fix will be live in about 3 hours.
In my case their response to adding DC from a ticket took about 4-5 hours. And there is also now a new 'section'
"classic' upgrades today.

Thanks!
mattymuc: Still no DC in my library... I think I have to wait for tomorrow... :(
Same here, the good thing, we only have to download the newest version ;)
mattymuc: Still no DC in my library... I think I have to wait for tomorrow... :(
hohiro: Same here, the good thing, we only have to download the newest version ;)
It's here :) Thanks to GOG and inXile for the Classic Update.