It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, the ultimate version of inXile's ultimate post-apo RPG is here, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The wasteland series is simultaneously the mother, grandfather, and weird uncle of post-apocalyptic gaming, reactive RPG gameplay, and huge, huge freedom. It's a series that pioneered multi-path problem solving, difficult, long-lasting choices and the power to determine your playstyle. It's the essence of what mature RPGs should be.

Today, Wasteland 2 becomes even better with the Director's Cut upgrade, free for everyone who owns the game already.
The Director's Cut upgrade features a complete graphics overhaul. Upgraded to the newest version of the Unity 5 engine, it runs better, supports controllers, and looks more beautiful than ever with all-new environment art, character models, and enhanced light and shadows.

In Wasteland 2: Director's Cut you'll also be treated to over 8,000 new lines of engaging, voiced dialog, as well as completely new gameplay elements: Perks are bonuses allowing you to achieve a new level of mastery in your skills, while Quirks - personality traits that come with a bit of the good, and a bit of the bad - allow you to put a personal twist on your new characters.

Your classic edition comes complete with a copy of: Wasteland 1, Concept Art Book, Choir Songs EP,Wasteland 2 OST.

Or you can go all-out with the Deluxe Edition for even more extra content including: The Bard’s Tale, Novella-All Bad Things, Novella-Earth Transformed, Novella-Death Machines and all the Classic edition goodies.

Return to the wasteland with <span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Paczyk
Kunovski: so, I played this game as a kickstarter backer when it was released, for about 10 hours... after that I stopped because:

- I hated how all your team members need to cover ALL skills, have to level them all like crazy, and yet it's never enough (all the time you come across a safe you can't open... or a person you can't persuade... or some other place you'd like to see / experience but can't because of this) - so instead of getting better at shooting or being stronger, you just wait and grind and wait to get better at lockpicking so you don't have to come back for a single door
dizzy_plays: This is working as intended. The idea is you're _not_ supposed to be able to take every dialogue option and open every safe and do every quest and unlock every achievement in a single plauthrough, it's part of the content that is "locked out" because you made certain choices for your character skills. When you replay the game you unlock these and lock others, and so on, thus providing a different experience (you know, "role-playing"). Similar thing happens in Fallout 1, 2 and most old school cRPGs.

- and when you finally get better at lockpicking and open the door, there's nothing useful there! man, you should have just forgotten all these and focus on shooting people! but then, you meet that guy that can be persuaded if you just had one more point in talking...
dizzy_plays: See, that just proves my point. Opening the safe wasn't intended to be very important and game breaking if you don't manage to, it's just providing some advantages to the (otherwise weak) characters that specialize in lock picking. Each arch-type of character build (fighter, rogue, diplomat) provides certain things that they can do and others don't and hopefully if the game is well balanced all arch-types can finish it.

did any of this improve in Director's Cut? if not, I'm not coming back...
dizzy_plays: This is not a Bethesda game. Bethesda specifically designs their games so that almost all content can be "consumed" in a single playthrough, old school cRPGs do the opposite.
first of all, I'm really sorry if I sound annoying or something, I was really looking forward to the game (that's why I backed it), I didn't play first Wasteland but a lot of Fallout 1 and 2, the only issue I had with the "premise" was the team gameplay (I usually do solo) but as you can see this is not my problem with Wasteland 2

actually, I don't play Bethesda games (if you don't count New Vegas and Morrowind, didn't finish them though) because they're boring...

and I played my share of old-school, be it Gothic II and III, Planescape Torment or the original Fallouts mentioned above, and I never felt that to fully enjoy the game I need to cheat and max all of my skills, like I do here... of course, when I choose the path of wizard I can't get into the knight's guild etc., I see no problem there... but to enter a complex where I can quite easily kill all the enemies, yet there are 5 locked doors that I would need at least 10 more levels to unlock, only to find two bullets - this would make sense if the content was not randomly generated and contained super-items suitable for my level in that time... or a hidden quest I could follow...

but here it seems that these skills are quite useless (I do believe now that if you ignore them you won't miss that much) and they're only there to torture completionist freaks like me :D it's a terrible pity, for me personally
So I'm a bit confused.
If i am a backer directly on the inXile ranger center and I redeemed a GOG key that has resulted in the 'basic' edition, I don't have the right to get the Director's cut like everybody else?

Well that just sucks!
Brain Fargo sends these nice long emails about promises made back in 2012 and now he doesn't keep them???

And what's the deal with GOG? No official comment in this issue that is affecting many of your PAYING customers?
Honestly if GOG wasn't DRM free I would just move all my games to steam. At least there you know you won't get any customer support and just live with it. GOG was supposed to be different.
shadi.lahham: I don't have the right to get the Director's cut like everybody else?
Well that just sucks!
Do a basic search, before getting mad for nothing..
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_wasteland_2_directors_cut_29043/post187/?staff=yes
shadi.lahham: So I'm a bit confused.
If i am a backer directly on the inXile ranger center and I redeemed a GOG key that has resulted in the 'basic' edition, I don't have the right to get the Director's cut like everybody else?
The way I understood it, inXile didn't want to give out the classic edition keys (but basic ed.). What they wrote in the FAQ seems to be a mistake on their part (at least they say so). Apparently you can ask them about it if you feel cheated and receive the CE goodies, however.

Nevertheless, the backer portal clearly states that we are going to get the DC once it's available.
It just seems that GOG made a mistake and didn't unlock the DC for all Wasteland 2 editions yet.

shadi.lahham: And what's the deal with GOG? No official comment in this issue that is affecting many of your PAYING customers?
There was an official comment a few pages back that they screwed up and are working on it, but it might take a bit more time. If you need it faster, you can ask support.
Post edited October 14, 2015 by ElZoido
Ml33tninja: Why? Seperate locking and safe cracking just makes sense. Even in other games like this you always needed two skills on a trap locked chest. There are THREE different types of safes in this game. Each with either locking (for ones with a padlock) safecracking (one's with dials) and electronics (for number pads). What would you even call a skill that could open all of them? AS someone who has never beaten the game and made it only 10 hours you WILL NOT succeed getting everything without cheats or help. What you want to do is min/maxing. You are in the wrong forum for that. Go to the community forum(on the wasteland forum) and just ask. And even then your choices will cut you off from items and companion. So I don't see how you will even beat the game the way you think.
Kunovski: well, maybe there would be less types of locks, or the skill would be called "burglar", I don't know :) I guess this is not such a great problem to solve

and probably I just play games that allow me to get everything sooner or later, and don't punish me for choosing "the wrong" ways... Witcher, Divinity, The Secret World - they let you in a zone and if you're good, you can get everything, here you can't
I guess I can understand why you would think but it's about learning that your choices have a price and that you need to adapt. Plus on your first try you think you will find everything in every game without a walkthrough is madness. When you consider that you only have enough time to play this game once. Some games I do have your type of mind set in getting everything(Souls games mostly) but you can't go into every game think you can play it the same. just my 2 cents.
Stil no word about when the owners of the classic edition of Wasteland 2 will get their version of the director's cut?
I still don't see it in my library.
dizzy_plays: This is working as intended. The idea is you're _not_ supposed to be able to take every dialogue option and open every safe and do every quest and unlock every achievement in a single plauthrough, it's part of the content that is "locked out" because you made certain choices for your character skills. When you replay the game you unlock these and lock others, and so on, thus providing a different experience (you know, "role-playing"). Similar thing happens in Fallout 1, 2 and most old school cRPGs.

See, that just proves my point. Opening the safe wasn't intended to be very important and game breaking if you don't manage to, it's just providing some advantages to the (otherwise weak) characters that specialize in lock picking. Each arch-type of character build (fighter, rogue, diplomat) provides certain things that they can do and others don't and hopefully if the game is well balanced all arch-types can finish it.

This is not a Bethesda game. Bethesda specifically designs their games so that almost all content can be "consumed" in a single playthrough, old school cRPGs do the opposite.
Kunovski: first of all, I'm really sorry if I sound annoying or something, I was really looking forward to the game (that's why I backed it), I didn't play first Wasteland but a lot of Fallout 1 and 2, the only issue I had with the "premise" was the team gameplay (I usually do solo) but as you can see this is not my problem with Wasteland 2

actually, I don't play Bethesda games (if you don't count New Vegas and Morrowind, didn't finish them though) because they're boring...

and I played my share of old-school, be it Gothic II and III, Planescape Torment or the original Fallouts mentioned above, and I never felt that to fully enjoy the game I need to cheat and max all of my skills, like I do here... of course, when I choose the path of wizard I can't get into the knight's guild etc., I see no problem there... but to enter a complex where I can quite easily kill all the enemies, yet there are 5 locked doors that I would need at least 10 more levels to unlock, only to find two bullets - this would make sense if the content was not randomly generated and contained super-items suitable for my level in that time... or a hidden quest I could follow...

but here it seems that these skills are quite useless (I do believe now that if you ignore them you won't miss that much) and they're only there to torture completionist freaks like me :D it's a terrible pity, for me personally
That is what adding luck and traits do wonders on increasing what items you find. You run intot he same issue with games like Fallout 1 and 2.
DarthDavy: Stil no word about when the owners of the classic edition of Wasteland 2 will get their version of the director's cut?
Don't worry. Even if you had it in your library at this point, it would be the barely playable, unpatched, close-camera gog version. You'd still be waiting for the proper game that steam users got 14h ago.

So, no hurry there. As a non-kickstarter i already have it n my library, doesn't mean i can really play it earlier than you. It will probably be unlocked before the camera fix.
DarthDavy: Stil no word about when the owners of the classic edition of Wasteland 2 will get their version of the director's cut?
Telika: Don't worry. Even if you had it in your library at this point, it would be the barely playable, unpatched, close-camera gog version. You'd still be waiting for the proper game that steam users got 14h ago.

So, no hurry there. As a non-kickstarter i already have it n my library, doesn't mean i can really play it earlier than you. It will probably be unlocked before the camera fix.
Going by the steam forums even the 'fixed' camera version is still a stepdown from the base game as yes, they did allow you to zoom out further but the issue is the camera goes to topdown when zooming out rather than a panned out 'isometric' style view the original had. (this is all going by what people read so quite possible It's not 100% correct :) )
Telika: Don't worry. Even if you had it in your library at this point, it would be the barely playable, unpatched, close-camera gog version. You'd still be waiting for the proper game that steam users got 14h ago.

Pheace: Going by the steam forums even the 'fixed' camera version is still a stepdown from the base game as yes, they did allow you to zoom out further but the issue is the camera goes to topdown when zooming out rather than a panned out 'isometric' style view the original had. (this is all going by what people read so quite possible It's not 100% correct :) )
Bleh. I might reinstsll the original WL2 after all...
Kunovski: actually, I don't play Bethesda games (if you don't count New Vegas and Morrowind, didn't finish them though) because they're boring...
New Vegas is made by Obsidian (some of the same guys who worked on classic Fallouts. Bethesda only published it)... sorry, just thought I'd mention it
Post edited October 14, 2015 by ashleni
high rated
Quick update regarding the "where is my Wasteland 2: Director's Cut?!" issue:

We are now in the process of adding Wasteland 2: Director's Cut to affected accounts, this should be done in about 2 hours. In addition, we're adding a little something extra to the Director's Cut as an apology from us and inXile for the inconvenience. Keep an eye out for this once you have Wasteland 2: Director's Cut in your account. ;)

Once again, please accept our apologies for this!

Edit:
btw, the Linux version and the camera fix will be live in about 3 hours.
Post edited October 14, 2015 by Paczyk
Paczyk: Quick update
I like all these GOG news : )
Thank you blues.

Also.. thanks for the extra, whatever it is! :O
Post edited October 14, 2015 by phaolo
Paczyk: Quick update regarding the "where is my Wasteland 2: Director's Cut?!" issue:

We are now in the process of adding Wasteland 2: Director's Cut to affected accounts, this should be done in about 2 hours. In addition, we're adding a little something extra to the Director's Cut as an apology from us and inXile for the inconvenience. Keep an eye out for this once you have Wasteland 2: Director's Cut in your account. ;)

Once again, please accept our apologies for this!

Edit:
btw, the Linux version and the camera fix will be live in about 3 hours.
Thanks a lot for the information and the "little something".
I must admit, that I was really looking forward to this game, since I didn't played the original but was waiting for the Directors Cut. Even If I am 35, I was conting down the count down on the inXile website. Then waiting and waiting made me a little bit upset. But after all, it is just a game. It was a little hard to wait, but it is ok.

In the time of online delivery, you are counting seconds and want to get everything delivered ASAP. You start complaining 5 min after release and there is a shitstorm after an hour...

Like I said, it is only a game, and I am happy, that it will be there in a couple of hours.

Lots of fun to everyone ;)
Paczyk: Quick update regarding the "where is my Wasteland 2: Director's Cut?!" issue:
Thank you for the update!