It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, the ultimate version of inXile's ultimate post-apo RPG is here, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The wasteland series is simultaneously the mother, grandfather, and weird uncle of post-apocalyptic gaming, reactive RPG gameplay, and huge, huge freedom. It's a series that pioneered multi-path problem solving, difficult, long-lasting choices and the power to determine your playstyle. It's the essence of what mature RPGs should be.

Today, Wasteland 2 becomes even better with the Director's Cut upgrade, free for everyone who owns the game already.
The Director's Cut upgrade features a complete graphics overhaul. Upgraded to the newest version of the Unity 5 engine, it runs better, supports controllers, and looks more beautiful than ever with all-new environment art, character models, and enhanced light and shadows.

In Wasteland 2: Director's Cut you'll also be treated to over 8,000 new lines of engaging, voiced dialog, as well as completely new gameplay elements: Perks are bonuses allowing you to achieve a new level of mastery in your skills, while Quirks - personality traits that come with a bit of the good, and a bit of the bad - allow you to put a personal twist on your new characters.

Your classic edition comes complete with a copy of: Wasteland 1, Concept Art Book, Choir Songs EP,Wasteland 2 OST.

Or you can go all-out with the Deluxe Edition for even more extra content including: The Bard’s Tale, Novella-All Bad Things, Novella-Earth Transformed, Novella-Death Machines and all the Classic edition goodies.

Return to the wasteland with <span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Paczyk
omega64: Originally got a retail copy, which forced me to redeem on Steam.
Yeah. The whole redeem-your-retail-copy thing was promising but didn't get very far... :-/
yyahoo: It's in the FAQ for the Bard's Tale 4 Kickstarter:

"What are the details on getting my games? How do I receive them, and when?
The Bard's Tale IV will be provided to backers on Steam and GOG.com upon final release.

Wasteland 2 will be available once the Kickstarter campaign is completed. You will have your choice of Steam or GOG.com, and it comes with the Classic Edition extras. You will get the Game of the Year Edition upgrade for free upon its release later this year.

Torment: Tides of Numenera will be made available once it is released. You will have a choice of Steam or GOG.com.

For the 48 hour bonus game offer: The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings are available for GOG.com only. Wasteland 2 will be available for your choice of Steam or GOG.com, and it comes with the Classic Edition extras. You may pick one of the three games. These bonus games cannot be exchanged for other rewards or pledge credit.

All game keys will be distributed through our The Bard's Tale IV backer web site, contingent on the Kickstarter campaign being funded."
mattymuc: I also got a basic key and not a key for the Classic Edition :-(
So did I, I have now submitted a support ticket (to inXile) showing the FAQ from the Bards Tail IV. Don't know if anything will happen, but we didn't get what we were told we would.
Post edited October 14, 2015 by theyear1500
Thank you for the update about the delay I was a little worried :)
mattymuc: I also got a basic key and not a key for the Classic Edition :-(
theyear1500: So did I, I have now submitted a support ticket (to inXile) showing the FAQ from the Bards Tail IV. Don't know if anything will happen, but we didn't get what we were told we would.
I did the same. It's frustrating, I installed the game at the end of September, then left it until the Director's Cut is out only to realise I can't update because I didn't get a Digital Classic key, despite what the FAQ and my inXile account says.
theyear1500: So did I, I have now submitted a support ticket (to inXile) showing the FAQ from the Bards Tail IV. Don't know if anything will happen, but we didn't get what we were told we would.
Ravenheart: I did the same. It's frustrating, I installed the game at the end of September, then left it until the Director's Cut is out only to realise I can't update because I didn't get a Digital Classic key, despite what the FAQ and my inXile account says.
I added it but because the Director's cut was coming out in a few weeks I though why install now when I would rather wait to play the Director's cut (have yet to play the game). So I didn't even look at the details of what was added to my account until I read this thread. I am sure it was just an over site and will be fixed.
Elaborigen: Quick question, if I redeem a copy of the original version now, should I be getting this version? I thought I had redeemed it a couple of days ago :(

Am I out of luck regarding the DC version? I just redeemed it a short while ago and can only see the classic version in my library.
Your library should at the least be showing one copy of Wasteland 2
I also added without thinking because I thought it was the classic edition, not basic. I hope that the dev's can fix this for KS backers who got it free.
Where is the Linux version?

UPDATE: Ah, I see it's delayed because of some bug. ETA is tomorrow. Can you please post some info of that sort in the announcement next time?
Post edited October 14, 2015 by shmerl
Is it worth playing the old version anymore?
Dzsono: Is it worth playing the old version anymore?
Is it worth climbing Everest twice? Probably not. :D
Dzsono: Is it worth playing the old version anymore?
MaximumBunny: Is it worth climbing Everest twice? Probably not. :D
That's an odd way to put it, but point taken! Cheers :D
yyahoo: Wasteland 2 will be available once the Kickstarter campaign is completed. You will have your choice of Steam or GOG.com, and it comes with the Classic Edition extras. You will get the Game of the Year Edition upgrade for free upon its release later this year.
I got W2 from Bard's Tale ks and indeed I have the basic version. I hadn't even noticed that we should have got the classic. I can't really say I care much for a few extras, but feels slightly cheap for them to do that...
Thanks for notifying us absentminded fellers. :)
yyahoo: Wasteland 2 will be available once the Kickstarter campaign is completed. You will have your choice of Steam or GOG.com, and it comes with the Classic Edition extras. You will get the Game of the Year Edition upgrade for free upon its release later this year.
AndyBuzz: I got W2 from Bard's Tale ks and indeed I have the basic version. I hadn't even noticed that we should have got the classic. I can't really say I care much for a few extras, but feels slightly cheap for them to do that...
Welcome. It caught my eye, and while I agree that sometimes a few extras don't mean a whole lot, I really do like getting was I was promised. Also, I hate having the GOG catalog constantly tell me that I don't own the game because I have a version of the game that isn't offered for sale otherwise and GOG's systems can't recognize it. I went ahead and contacted inXile like some others have. I guess we'll see what comes of it...
AndyBuzz: I got W2 from Bard's Tale ks and indeed I have the basic version. I hadn't even noticed that we should have got the classic. I can't really say I care much for a few extras, but feels slightly cheap for them to do that...
So I got a response from inXile, within only a few hours of putting in my support ticket. I was very surprised considering they have to be hammered from tickets right now. So they stated it was a mistake on their end, that they did not mean to give out the Classic but only the Basic for the kickstarter (basically the FAQ was wrong). That being said, they sent me the link for all the extra's and a GOG key for Wasteland 1. I have to say I am very impressed with inXile.
theyear1500: So they stated it was a mistake on their end, that they did not mean to give out the Classic but only the Basic for the kickstarter (basically the FAQ was wrong).
Charming, truly.