It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, the ultimate version of inXile's ultimate post-apo RPG is here, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The wasteland series is simultaneously the mother, grandfather, and weird uncle of post-apocalyptic gaming, reactive RPG gameplay, and huge, huge freedom. It's a series that pioneered multi-path problem solving, difficult, long-lasting choices and the power to determine your playstyle. It's the essence of what mature RPGs should be.

Today, Wasteland 2 becomes even better with the Director's Cut upgrade, free for everyone who owns the game already.
The Director's Cut upgrade features a complete graphics overhaul. Upgraded to the newest version of the Unity 5 engine, it runs better, supports controllers, and looks more beautiful than ever with all-new environment art, character models, and enhanced light and shadows.

In Wasteland 2: Director's Cut you'll also be treated to over 8,000 new lines of engaging, voiced dialog, as well as completely new gameplay elements: Perks are bonuses allowing you to achieve a new level of mastery in your skills, while Quirks - personality traits that come with a bit of the good, and a bit of the bad - allow you to put a personal twist on your new characters.

Your classic edition comes complete with a copy of: Wasteland 1, Concept Art Book, Choir Songs EP,Wasteland 2 OST.

Or you can go all-out with the Deluxe Edition for even more extra content including: The Bard’s Tale, Novella-All Bad Things, Novella-Earth Transformed, Novella-Death Machines and all the Classic edition goodies.

Return to the wasteland with <span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Paczyk
Paczyk: Hi guys,

We are aware of the issue which causes some Kickstarter backers to not get the Director's Cut version. We've found the the cause of the problem and we are working on a fix that should be ready today.

If you are affected by this and you would like to play the game now, please contact our support department and we will add the game manually to your account.

I'm very sorry for this mistake.

EDIT:
This problem only affects kickstarter backers who have the basic edition, not the classic or deluxe.
Okay, good to know. I can wait, have other games to play before getting to W2:DC.
Only release today?
jaydee2k: No the developers said because of Unity 5 the game will be smaller....
I just hope the game is now less harsh on my GPU with the Unity upgrade. I had to turn off some effects in the original because the game kept making my GPU temps climb above safe levels. Unity engine games seem to be the only higher end games that do that for some odd reason as I can run The Witcher 2 and others on high settings with no temp problems.
Post edited October 13, 2015 by haydenaurion
Kunovski: so, I played this game as a kickstarter backer when it was released, for about 10 hours... after that I stopped because:

- I hated how all your team members need to cover ALL skills, have to level them all like crazy, and yet it's never enough (all the time you come across a safe you can't open... or a person you can't persuade... or some other place you'd like to see / experience but can't because of this) - so instead of getting better at shooting or being stronger, you just wait and grind and wait to get better at lockpicking so you don't have to come back for a single door

- and when you finally get better at lockpicking and open the door, there's nothing useful there! man, you should have just forgotten all these and focus on shooting people! but then, you meet that guy that can be persuaded if you just had one more point in talking...

did any of this improve in Director's Cut? if not, I'm not coming back...

thanks! (for saving me another 10 hours possibly or getting me to play this game, I know it's great otherwise ;)
If that is your problem I would say to not come back and move on to another game. I never really had this issue
Redfoxe: Only release today?
Too much sweets every day is not good for you. GOG is only trying to look after our health you see. ;-p
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Petrell
Salmanasar: first:
make two characters with int 10 and one with int 8.

second:
incorporate Rose or Vulture into the team.

profit.

oh, and loot depends of your luck
ooh, this seems like there's a way to play this the way I want :)

would you please elaborate? (in PM if you want)
Kunovski: so, I played this game as a kickstarter backer when it was released, for about 10 hours... after that I stopped because:

- I hated how all your team members need to cover ALL skills, have to level them all like crazy, and yet it's never enough (all the time you come across a safe you can't open... or a person you can't persuade... or some other place you'd like to see / experience but can't because of this) - so instead of getting better at shooting or being stronger, you just wait and grind and wait to get better at lockpicking so you don't have to come back for a single door

- and when you finally get better at lockpicking and open the door, there's nothing useful there! man, you should have just forgotten all these and focus on shooting people! but then, you meet that guy that can be persuaded if you just had one more point in talking...

thanks! (for saving me another 10 hours possibly or getting me to play this game, I know it's great otherwise ;)
Ml33tninja: If that is your problem I would say to not come back and move on to another game. I never really had this issue
that's because I'm a completionist freak and can't stand the thought of leaving a locked door behind... :/
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Kunovski
Salmanasar: first:
make two characters with int 10 and one with int 8.

second:
incorporate Rose or Vulture into the team.

profit.

oh, and loot depends of your luck
Kunovski: ooh, this seems like there's a way to play this the way I want :)

would you please elaborate? (in PM if you want)
Ml33tninja: If that is your problem I would say to not come back and move on to another game. I never really had this issue
Kunovski: that's because I'm a completionist freak and can't stand the thought of leaving a locked door behind... :/
My thoughts either make a character with lockpicking skills as one of their primary skills. Or (just my thoughts) beat the game start New Game Plus with your already made characters. Just up the difficulty to the max. Now what Salamasar was talking about is the higher the int. the higher number of skills you receive per lvl. and Rose and Vulture has either 10 or 8 int so grab or over them and put some point into getting stronger and have enough to place locking into at least one character. Now you won't see everything because of the choices you HAVE to make. You being the way you are I don't know if you can finish the game. Enter at your own risk

That's absolutely not true for this game. If you want to perform a task (as opening a locked chest), only one char has to have the corresponding skill (in this case lock picking skill) high enough. You pick him/her and do it, same as anything else, really. I am over 40 hours into the game (well, not director's cut, obviously:)), but pretty much all skills in the game are nicely distributed among my team members and I had no bigger problems.
How is this game compared to Fallout 2 ? Please answer if you are classic Fallout "junkie", thanks!
Daniel_M: That's absolutely not true for this game. If you want to perform a task (as opening a locked chest), only one char has to have the corresponding skill (in this case lock picking skill) high enough. You pick him/her and do it, same as anything else, really. I am over 40 hours into the game (well, not director's cut, obviously:)), but pretty much all skills in the game are nicely distributed among my team members and I had no bigger problems.
I'm sorry, you misunderstood (or I wrote it badly) - I distribuded the skills among the team, and I believe I managed to cover all the skills with the four characters... but the levels didn't come as quickly as to allow me to always have what I needed - all the time I approached a locked door, person to persuade or something else, because on my last level I chose to upgrade a wrong skill... but if I loaded and picked the correct one, twenty minutes later I also needed to have that original skill on level that I had not

I totally understand that for most people this is not an issue - you see locked door that nobody from your team can open, you just leave it... or you see a person who can be persuaded but nobody has enough skill, you shoot him or do something else... but for me this is like locking one whole branch of the game that I'll never see or experience again (I don't have enough time to play a game more than once) - I need to have a team that can clear all the maps and take everything the game has to offer... but while in other games you can choose to unlock safe, break safe or read the code somewhere, in this game you need to have the precise thing... and having separate lockpicking/safe cracking? I really hoped the developers will change this in DC...
Daniel_M: That's absolutely not true for this game. If you want to perform a task (as opening a locked chest), only one char has to have the corresponding skill (in this case lock picking skill) high enough. You pick him/her and do it, same as anything else, really. I am over 40 hours into the game (well, not director's cut, obviously:)), but pretty much all skills in the game are nicely distributed among my team members and I had no bigger problems.
Kunovski: I'm sorry, you misunderstood (or I wrote it badly) - I distribuded the skills among the team, and I believe I managed to cover all the skills with the four characters... but the levels didn't come as quickly as to allow me to always have what I needed - all the time I approached a locked door, person to persuade or something else, because on my last level I chose to upgrade a wrong skill... but if I loaded and picked the correct one, twenty minutes later I also needed to have that original skill on level that I had not

I totally understand that for most people this is not an issue - you see locked door that nobody from your team can open, you just leave it... or you see a person who can be persuaded but nobody has enough skill, you shoot him or do something else... but for me this is like locking one whole branch of the game that I'll never see or experience again (I don't have enough time to play a game more than once) - I need to have a team that can clear all the maps and take everything the game has to offer... but while in other games you can choose to unlock safe, break safe or read the code somewhere, in this game you need to have the precise thing... and having separate lockpicking/safe cracking? I really hoped the developers will change this in DC...
Ok, clearer now. :)
I think you have to expect that with open world RPGs you often face challenges you have to return to later.
It has nothing to do with whether or not you have enough time to play a game more than once (don't we all know that problem too well ;)) but more with acceptance of a bit of backtracking. Of course, that acceptance varies from person to person, but again: open world RPG.
Looks like GOG woke up early this morning.

I'd like to thank everybody involved for making W2DC free to those who already have W2.
Kunovski: I'm sorry, you misunderstood (or I wrote it badly) - I distribuded the skills among the team, and I believe I managed to cover all the skills with the four characters... but the levels didn't come as quickly as to allow me to always have what I needed - all the time I approached a locked door, person to persuade or something else, because on my last level I chose to upgrade a wrong skill... but if I loaded and picked the correct one, twenty minutes later I also needed to have that original skill on level that I had not

Why? Seperate locking and safe cracking just makes sense. Even in other games like this you always needed two skills on a trap locked chest. There are THREE different types of safes in this game. Each with either locking (for ones with a padlock) safecracking (one's with dials) and electronics (for number pads). What would you even call a skill that could open all of them? AS someone who has never beaten the game and made it only 10 hours you WILL NOT succeed getting everything without cheats or help. What you want to do is min/maxing. You are in the wrong forum for that. Go to the community forum(on the wasteland forum) and just ask. And even then your choices will cut you off from items and companion. So I don't see how you will even beat the game the way you think.
Petrell: Game itself is same for all editions. Sountrack (MP3 or FLAC) is for listening it outside of game.
Yes, I know, but since I haven't played the game yet, I don't know if the soundtrack is one that I would enjoy listening to outside of gameplay. What I tried to say in my previous post is that I have to play W2 first to see if I want to get the upgrade or not.
I might be imagining it but the Director's Cut camera is unconfortably close to the ground even when fully zoomed out.
Never had this issue in regular Wasteland 2.