It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, the ultimate version of inXile's ultimate post-apo RPG is here, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The wasteland series is simultaneously the mother, grandfather, and weird uncle of post-apocalyptic gaming, reactive RPG gameplay, and huge, huge freedom. It's a series that pioneered multi-path problem solving, difficult, long-lasting choices and the power to determine your playstyle. It's the essence of what mature RPGs should be.

Today, Wasteland 2 becomes even better with the Director's Cut upgrade, free for everyone who owns the game already.
The Director's Cut upgrade features a complete graphics overhaul. Upgraded to the newest version of the Unity 5 engine, it runs better, supports controllers, and looks more beautiful than ever with all-new environment art, character models, and enhanced light and shadows.

In Wasteland 2: Director's Cut you'll also be treated to over 8,000 new lines of engaging, voiced dialog, as well as completely new gameplay elements: Perks are bonuses allowing you to achieve a new level of mastery in your skills, while Quirks - personality traits that come with a bit of the good, and a bit of the bad - allow you to put a personal twist on your new characters.

Your classic edition comes complete with a copy of: Wasteland 1, Concept Art Book, Choir Songs EP,Wasteland 2 OST.

Or you can go all-out with the Deluxe Edition for even more extra content including: The Bard’s Tale, Novella-All Bad Things, Novella-Earth Transformed, Novella-Death Machines and all the Classic edition goodies.

Return to the wasteland with <span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Paczyk
Nice, was expecting the DC to replay the game
JiminyJickers: Probably because the Kickstarter versions are treated as separate games for some reason by Gog. They don't show as owned in the store and we do not receive any update notifications for them. I have sent this through to support before but just got a reply that they will pass the info on.

I would prefer if Gog can treat Kickstarter owners as proper owners.
BreOl72: This!...so much this!
I suspect it's more that GOG's system is showing its age. Remember, they started out selling only games which no longer received updates more complex than "Fixed bug in the Installer" or "We managed to find a copy of the missing manual on eBay" and then hacked in a system similar to "New edition? New ISBN" in the book world so they could discontinue sales of extras without removing your access to them.

I can easily imagine that having a UI that makes mistakes easy when doing this kind of free upgrade.
so, I played this game as a kickstarter backer when it was released, for about 10 hours... after that I stopped because:

- I hated how all your team members need to cover ALL skills, have to level them all like crazy, and yet it's never enough (all the time you come across a safe you can't open... or a person you can't persuade... or some other place you'd like to see / experience but can't because of this) - so instead of getting better at shooting or being stronger, you just wait and grind and wait to get better at lockpicking so you don't have to come back for a single door

- and when you finally get better at lockpicking and open the door, there's nothing useful there! man, you should have just forgotten all these and focus on shooting people! but then, you meet that guy that can be persuaded if you just had one more point in talking...

did any of this improve in Director's Cut? if not, I'm not coming back...

thanks! (for saving me another 10 hours possibly or getting me to play this game, I know it's great otherwise ;)
JaqFrost: What's the difference between the Basic and Classic editions? I got my key from backing The Bard's Tale, so I assume it's the lowest tier, but I have no idea what the difference is between the editions.
Petrell: I don't have basic edition but you could compare your goodies to classic goodies:
manual+ 3 Wallpapers (1440p)+ reference card+ map + Official Soundtrack (MP3) + Official Soundtrack (FLAC) + soundtrack (4 choir songs, FLAC) + soundtrack (4 choir songs, MP3) + Concept Art Book

If I were to guess, basic edition lacks soundtrack and art book. Kickstarter page says you only get the game.
EDIT: nvm I have 2 pack and steam has my soundtrack from EA code.
Post edited October 13, 2015 by shoveling
Here is a FAQ about the DC for those wondering what is new / different

https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?t=12833
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Zergoss
Zoidberg: Still at a disgustingly unfair price, still not interested.

I still have to gather the courage to do the first two Fallouts anyway... :P
Niggles: Do you actually buy anything from here, or just sit around criticising every release?
He bought regionally priced pinatas...and got very pissy when he found out :D
Another Kickstarter backer without access to the Director's Cut reporting for duty.
Kristian: Another Kickstarter backer without access to the Director's Cut reporting for duty.
I'm in the same boat. According to the blue text, the problem should be fixed today.
Petrell: I don't have basic edition but you could compare your goodies to classic goodies:
manual+ 3 Wallpapers (1440p)+ reference card+ map + Official Soundtrack (MP3) + Official Soundtrack (FLAC) + soundtrack (4 choir songs, FLAC) + soundtrack (4 choir songs, MP3) + Concept Art Book

If I were to guess, basic edition lacks soundtrack and art book. Kickstarter page says you only get the game.
Thanks! It seems I have the manual + reference card + map + soundtrack (4 choir songs, FLAC) + soundtrack (4 choir songs, MP3), so the soundtrack, art book and wallpapers aren't included. I haven't played the game yet, so I have no idea if I'm missing out or not on not having the soundtrack. Guess I'll have to find out by playing the game once I get the DC upgrade. =P
Kunovski: so, I played this game as a kickstarter backer when it was released, for about 10 hours... after that I stopped because:

- I hated how all your team members need to cover ALL skills, have to level them all like crazy, and yet it's never enough (all the time you come across a safe you can't open... or a person you can't persuade... or some other place you'd like to see / experience but can't because of this) - so instead of getting better at shooting or being stronger, you just wait and grind and wait to get better at lockpicking so you don't have to come back for a single door

- and when you finally get better at lockpicking and open the door, there's nothing useful there! man, you should have just forgotten all these and focus on shooting people! but then, you meet that guy that can be persuaded if you just had one more point in talking...

did any of this improve in Director's Cut? if not, I'm not coming back...

thanks! (for saving me another 10 hours possibly or getting me to play this game, I know it's great otherwise ;)
first:
make two characters with int 10 and one with int 8.

second:
incorporate Rose or Vulture into the team.

profit.

oh, and loot depends of your luck
Kunovski: did any of this improve in Director's Cut? if not, I'm not coming back...

Download it and play it yourself.If it isnt in FAQ then play.
gandalfnho: Nice, was expecting the DC to replay the game
Downloaded it and was about to start my first playthrough then found out DC was coming... talk about a wait lol..
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Niggles

shoveling: I actually backed for 2 digital copies... I wonder if should I have more than basic? I do not see my tier listed anymore.

Guess I will check backer site.
You should be able to see your backer level. I see mine at least. You need to be logged in obviously. Other place you can see it is on backed projects page.

Do note that even if you backed 30$ or higher the extra copy you got is digital basic edition so if you gave away one of the keys, you might've given away the deluxe key and redeemed basic yourself.
shoveling: I actually backed for 2 digital copies... I wonder if should I have more than basic? I do not see my tier listed anymore.

Guess I will check backer site.
Petrell: You should be able to see your backer level. I see mine at least. You need to be logged in obviously. Other place you can see it is on backed projects page.

Do note that even if you backed 30$ or higher the extra copy you got is digital basic edition so if you gave away one of the keys, you might've given away the deluxe key and redeemed basic yourself.
Ya I have it figured out now. My steam EA key ate my deluxe key heh. Rather it be gog, but no biggie. Thanks.
JaqFrost: I haven't played the game yet, so I have no idea if I'm missing out or not on not having the soundtrack. Guess I'll have to find out by playing the game once I get the DC upgrade. =P
Game itself is same for all editions. Sountrack (MP3 or FLAC) is for listening it outside of game.
Roxolani: I never played Wasteland series. Is Wasteland 2 similar to Fallout 1&2?
Salmanasar: well, yes and no.
Yes, its post-apo, world is (mostly) open for you and you're mostly dealing with fractions when you arrive at location, main quest is less important.
No, because youre playing as a TEAM of rangers (not one character like in fallout), so Inteligence and charisma doesnt affect your conversation options, there's more stats&skills and you can maximize most (if not all) of them, etc.

Its like Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale, both are placed in the same setting and use simillar mechanic, but they're different and can't be easily compared.
(except that WL2 has a lot better story than most of "team h'n's", with choices and consequences)
Thanks for the details. :)
Roxolani: I never played Wasteland series. Is Wasteland 2 similar to Fallout 1&2?
omega64: Sort of, you control a squad of people though instead of a single person.
Then I should try it.
Telika: Yes. Intentionally so. Although it's a direct sequel to Wastelands (which itself is, in a way, the original Fallout).
Good. :)
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Roxolani